Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: forza ivano, June 21, 2021, 4:08pm
is the amount of players with non league experience. Obviously we all know about Macca, Pearson and The Shop, but Waterfall & Russell have many seasons of non League behind them.
You've then got Ira Jackson Junior ,Coke, Spokes & Longe King who have come up from the Non League game.
The others like  Max Wright, Sears, McAtee & Fox (plus Clifton at Grantham) have all done quite a few loan spells between them up and down the pyramid

You'd hope that that would hold them in good stead for the season that awaits
Posted by: Meza, June 21, 2021, 4:22pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from forza ivano
is the amount of players with non league experience. Obviously we all know about Macca, Pearson and The Shop, but Waterfall & Russell have many seasons of non League behind them.
You've then got Ira Jackson Junior ,Coke, Spokes & Longe King who have come up from the Non League game.
The others like  Max Wright, Sears, McAtee & Fox (plus Clifton at Grantham) have all done quite a few loan spells between them up and down the pyramid

What about the others Forza, do you know or heard anything with the existing contracted players i.e. Rose, Williams etc on whether they are fighting for the shirt or are looking to move away.  Its just most players when relegated into non league want to move away to stay in the FL but not heard anything on them.  Is PH wanting them?
Posted by: Hagrid, June 21, 2021, 4:26pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Meza

What about the others Forza, do you know or heard anything with the existing contracted players i.e. Rose, Williams etc on whether they are fighting for the shirt or are looking to move away.  Its just most players when relegated into non league want to move away to stay in the FL but not heard anything on them.  Is PH wanting them?

they can eff off
Posted by: forza ivano, June 21, 2021, 4:37pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Meza

haven't heard anything but from all i've heard and read from others (plus what hurst has intimated) then I can't see Morais, Gibson, Williams & Rose being here by the end of August. Scannell, you'd think, must surely be in that group, but then he included him in the last 2 or 3 squads, so God knows with him. As has been mentioned before, if by some miracle, Hurst can somehow motivate him there's a helluva player in there
Posted by: livosnose, June 21, 2021, 4:46pm; Reply: 4
Pretty sure Rose has got promoted from non leage during his oxford days.  doubt he is staying mind.
Posted by: Meza, June 21, 2021, 4:49pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from forza ivano

haven't heard anything but from all i've heard and read from others (plus what hurst has intimated) then I can't see Morais, Gibson, Williams & Rose being here by the end of August. Scannell, you'd think, must surely be in that group, but then he included him in the last 2 or 3 squads, so God knows with him. As has been mentioned before, if by some miracle, Hurst can somehow motivate him there's a helluva player in there

Thanks Forza, yeah Scannell is a case of CBA and if he is here just to pick a wage rather than play football then he is denying someone else to have a place in the squad.  Personally i'd pay him off.  Williams i like, despite the criticism he got, i think he's a good player, i just think his serious injury and only just getting back into football after being released had that tint of cautiousness in him like bottling out of tackles etc, might be different this year if he's still here of course.  The others i would let go, and i would keep Gibson as backup.
Posted by: PPMariner, June 21, 2021, 5:07pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from forza ivano

There are two ways of looking at this characteristic.

I appreciate the stated sentiment and experience of this type of challenge can’t harm...but it could also be said that we’ve now got lots of non-league players.
Posted by: mimma, June 21, 2021, 6:10pm; Reply: 7
I think that Hurst is building a squad that ,if, we go straight back up again, wouldn't need major surgery to compete in league two.
Posted by: GrimRob, June 21, 2021, 6:14pm; Reply: 8
Two ways of looking at it. I am sure a year ago everyone was drooling over all the young "talent" that Hollowhead had "spotted".
Posted by: Meza, June 21, 2021, 7:04pm; Reply: 9
You can see what he is doing, building the spine of the team.  Players that seem to have that determined attitude.

Macca, Sears, Peason, Longe-King, Fox, Clifton, Coke, McATee, LJL
Posted by: male private Nale, June 22, 2021, 11:57am; Reply: 10
Quoted from GrimRob
Two ways of looking at it. I am sure a year ago everyone was drooling over all the young "talent" that Hollowhead had "spotted".

I clearly remember posters on here salivating at the thought of our trident attack Gibson, Jackson and Touray tearing the league a new one.
Posted by: Zmariner, June 22, 2021, 12:26pm; Reply: 11
With regard to Holloway signings, a prophetic Hull city supporting friend of mine said, oh my goodness you are signing players from a very low level. He said unlikely that many of them will be able to make such a step up
A pity the capped Half wit didn’t come to this conclusion Before his brain problem sett in utm
Print page generated: April 24, 2024, 11:49pm