Print Topic - Archive

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, June 21, 2021, 2:12pm
I hope GTFC don't spoil the pattern of announcing any new signings on any day other than Tuesdays. Its something to look forward to.

So.......

........ apart from the Harry Davis and Owen Windsor rumours, has anyone heard any other names going round on the rumour mill?
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, June 21, 2021, 2:27pm; Reply: 1
Has Robbie Fowler been seen yet...
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, June 21, 2021, 2:49pm; Reply: 2
Has Robbie Fowler been seen yet...

Wouldn't mind him as an attacking coach.
Posted by: GrimRob, June 21, 2021, 6:02pm; Reply: 3

Wouldn't mind him as an attacking coach.

Attacking coaches was something we did last time we were in the National League (Aldershot was it?)
Posted by: Withnail, June 21, 2021, 8:27pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from GrimRob

Attacking coaches was something we did last time we were in the National League (Aldershot was it?)

Barnet. Edgar Davids was onboard. A sentence I never thought I'd write after seeing him in his pomp. He still skinned Coulson for pace at one point in the game though, despite being in his 40s and at least 15 years younger than Michael
Posted by: Abdul19, June 21, 2021, 8:53pm; Reply: 5
Golly will be onto that one!
Posted by: Davec, June 21, 2021, 9:10pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Withnail

Barnet. Edgar Davids was onboard. A sentence I never thought I'd write after seeing him in his pomp. He still skinned Coulson for pace at one point in the game though, despite being in his 40s and at least 15 years younger than Michael

I thought it was Alex Rodman he skinned for pace? Despite Rodman having a 10 yard head start
Posted by: LH, June 21, 2021, 9:30pm; Reply: 7
Didn’t Shaun Pearson Maradona roll it past him as well? Might have seen that through rose tinted beer goggles.
Posted by: ClarkyGTFC, June 21, 2021, 9:32pm; Reply: 8
I believe Clayton McDonald nutmegged him
Posted by: pontoonlew, June 22, 2021, 8:33am; Reply: 9
Club have just tweeted that Transfer Tuesday may indeed be a thing..
Posted by: You stripes UTM, June 22, 2021, 8:38am; Reply: 10
I hope GTFC don't spoil the pattern of announcing any new signings on any day other than Tuesdays. Its something to look forward to.

So.......

........ apart from the Harry Davis and Owen Windsor rumours, has anyone heard any other names going round on the rumour mill?

Charles Vernam is another name I’ve heard a few times, potentially back on loan. Believe him & his partner are buying a house locally as she is from around here.
Posted by: DB, June 22, 2021, 8:38am; Reply: 11
Quoted from pontoonlew

Does the man with the dried up rubber stamp, old biro and knackered drummer have anything to say? :)
Posted by: Hagrid, June 22, 2021, 8:39am; Reply: 12
Quoted from You stripes UTM

Charles Vernam is another name I’ve heard a few times, potentially back on loan. Believe him & his partner are buying a house locally as she is from around here.

she is, but he isnt coming back, i can 100% promise you that
Posted by: Croxton, June 22, 2021, 8:40am; Reply: 13
Quoted from pontoonlew

With a 'castle' reference. mmmmmm
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, June 22, 2021, 9:02am; Reply: 14
Quoted from Croxton

Probably Roy Castle.
Posted by: jimgtfc, June 22, 2021, 9:04am; Reply: 15
Quoted from Croxton

Owen Windsor
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, June 22, 2021, 9:09am; Reply: 16
Quoted from Croxton

Anybody got a link?..it's not popped up on my Timeline??
Posted by: DB, June 22, 2021, 9:09am; Reply: 17
FN in a dungeon! ;)
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, June 22, 2021, 9:20am; Reply: 18
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Anybody got a link?..it's not popped up on my Timeline??

https://twitter.com/officialgtfc/status/1407236980870684676?s=19
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, June 22, 2021, 9:23am; Reply: 19
It's a clip from Takeshi's Castle that has way more to do with the "admin trying to avoid..." line than us signing Owen Windsor, Jeff Drawbridge or Sam Battlements.
Posted by: Hagrid, June 22, 2021, 9:24am; Reply: 20
It's a clip from Takeshi's Castle that has way more to do with the "admin trying to avoid..." line than us signing Owen Windsor, Jeff Drawbridge or Sam Battlements.

i thought the same ....!!!
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, June 22, 2021, 9:27am; Reply: 21

What about Moat Salah?
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, June 22, 2021, 9:37am; Reply: 22

Cheers pal, it popped up just after my reply on here..
Posted by: jamesgtfc, June 22, 2021, 9:38am; Reply: 23
Raoul Moat
Posted by: pizzzza, June 22, 2021, 9:40am; Reply: 24
Quoted from jamesgtfc
Raoul Moat

That's not even raoulmoatly funny...
Posted by: Poojah, June 22, 2021, 9:42am; Reply: 25

I suspect the “admin trying to avoid…” line has been reverse engineered to work in the Takeshi’s Castle reference, personally. Still, it wouldn’t surprise me if that was an intentional red herring.
Posted by: LondonMariner43, June 22, 2021, 9:51am; Reply: 26
Why would we sign Owen Windsor?
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, June 22, 2021, 9:53am; Reply: 27
Hearing you’re signing Erico Sousa from us.

I mentioned him a few months back as a potential signing for you; he would be outstanding with full time football.

Here’s my previous comments about him;
“We’ve got a lad with us, Erico Sousa..

He’s not signed a new deal yet as wants to play higher. 14 games, 7 goals and 3 assists since he signed in October.

Be a hell of a player for you, if he had full time training he’d be even better. Gutted his departure is inevitable.”
Posted by: Poojah, June 22, 2021, 10:03am; Reply: 28
Quoted from AndyDarloFC

I mentioned him a few months back as a potential signing for you; he would be outstanding with full time football.

He’s not signed a new deal yet as wants to play higher. 14 games, 7 goals and 3 assists since he signed in October.

Be a hell of a player for you, if he had full time training he’d be even better. Gutted his departure is inevitable.”

I remember your original post and watched the video of him - looked a very exciting prospect. I’m always wary of highlight reels though - is he fairly consistent?
Posted by: Hagrid, June 22, 2021, 10:04am; Reply: 29
Quoted from Poojah

I remember your original post and watched the video of him - looked a very exciting prospect. I’m always wary of highlight reels though - is he fairly consistent?

have we had a Portuguese ever play for town?
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, June 22, 2021, 10:09am; Reply: 30
We've got Morais now.
Posted by: Hagrid, June 22, 2021, 10:12am; Reply: 31
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
We've got Morais now.

of course. intercourse sake Hagrid :o :o :o
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, June 22, 2021, 10:17am; Reply: 32
Quoted from Poojah

9 times out of 10 he’s reliable, even on his “bad days” - he always popped up with an assist or a goal.

Hasn’t been often where he’s drifted out of the game, always trying to make something happen.
Sometimes likes the ball too much at his feet and doesn’t look up, but that’s fine because he’ll normally come up with something at the end.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, June 22, 2021, 10:19am; Reply: 33
Quoted from AndyDarloFC

What does Erico Sousa have to do with castles?
Posted by: LH, June 22, 2021, 10:20am; Reply: 34
Surely Eric O’Sousa is Irish?
Posted by: Gainsbro_Mariner, June 22, 2021, 10:27am; Reply: 35
[url]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%89rico_Sousa[/url]
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, June 22, 2021, 10:28am; Reply: 36
Strange stop-start career he has had but I'd imagine you have to be very, very good technically to even get one Portugal u19 cap.
Posted by: Poojah, June 22, 2021, 10:35am; Reply: 37
Quoted from jamesgtfc

What does Erico Sousa have to do with castles?

Oh come on mate, isn't it obvious?

As you well know, the name 'Sousa' comes from the Sousa River in northern Portugal and the first man who used the surname was the noble of Visigoth origin Egas Gomes de Sousa. You'll remember of course that he served as governor of the entire region of Entre Douro e Minho and famously, whilst captain general, beat the King of Tunis in a battle near the town of Beja.

Anyway, I digress slightly there, but it just so happens that precisely 18 miles north west of the banks of the Sousa River sits Guimarães Castle, the principal medieval castle in the municipality Guimarães. 18 miles precisely. And just what was Erico Sousa's squad number at Darlington? That's right - 18. It's happening.

The social media team at GTFC really need to up their game and start making their little clues less obvious.
Posted by: BeijingMariner, June 22, 2021, 10:40am; Reply: 38
[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmz4waq8LjY[/url]
If this reel is at it's orginal footage speed, he has a great turn of pace and plenty of fancy footwork. Seems to know how to draw a foul too, and avoid them. Could be very exciting, on either wing it looks like.
Posted by: immariner, June 22, 2021, 11:00am; Reply: 39
Normally those highlights reels show a bit of fancy footwork and some nice crossfield passes but there'e some actual end product there. Just seen an interview with the Darlo manager where he talks about really wanting to keep him and how he's been supported by the chairman to try and do that. So not your usual club offers player new contract scenario, they clearly think he's a cut above at that level.
Posted by: denni266, June 22, 2021, 11:01am; Reply: 40
Looks good to me , Seems to have everything we have not had for too many years now
Posted by: Chrisblor, June 22, 2021, 11:23am; Reply: 41
Erico Sousa's latest follower on Twitter?

[img]https://i.imgur.com/WuajHdY.png[/img]

👁️👁️
Posted by: Son of Cod, June 22, 2021, 11:30am; Reply: 42
Matt Dean Tweet incoming...

Quoted Text
I understand Grimsby Town are trying to sign Erico Sousa.

The 26-year-old has had a contract offer from current club Darlington.

Other clubs are believed to be interested but I’m told he’s yet to make a decision.

...we can see you reading The Fishy, Matt.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, June 22, 2021, 11:33am; Reply: 43
Quoted from Poojah

Oh come on mate, isn't it obvious?

As you well know, the name 'Sousa' comes from the Sousa River in northern Portugal and the first man who used the surname was the noble of Visigoth origin Egas Gomes de Sousa. You'll remember of course that he served as governor of the entire region of Entre Douro e Minho and famously, whilst captain general, beat the King of Tunis in a battle near the town of Beja.

Anyway, I digress slightly there, but it just so happens that precisely 18 miles north west of the banks of the Sousa River sits Guimarães Castle, the principal medieval castle in the municipality Guimarães. 18 miles precisely. And just what was Erico Sousa's squad number at Darlington? That's right - 18. It's happening.

The social media team at GTFC really need to up their game and start making their little clues less obvious.

God, people are so thick. Who doesn't know that?......
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, June 22, 2021, 11:34am; Reply: 44

What about Moat Salah?

Quality. I touch my cap to you....
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, June 22, 2021, 11:35am; Reply: 45
Quoted from jamesgtfc
Raoul Moat

Take a bow sir....
Posted by: toontown, June 22, 2021, 11:35am; Reply: 46
Is he not popular with the other darlo players Andy? Their seems to be a noticeable lack of celebration when he scores. He moves between clubs a lot too. Could be signs of a problem attitude which is the reason he is playing below his skill set level. I don't know just wondering...
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, June 22, 2021, 11:37am; Reply: 47
Quoted from toontown
Is he not popular with the other darlo players Andy? Their seems to be a noticeable lack of celebration when he scores. He moves between clubs a lot too. Could be signs of a problem attitude which is the reason he is playing below his skill set level. I don't know just wondering...

Won’t last long with Hurst then if he has attitude.

Posted by: ginnywings, June 22, 2021, 11:43am; Reply: 48
Definite activity down here. Squeaky doors oiled and ready.
Posted by: GrimExile, June 22, 2021, 11:47am; Reply: 49
Quoted from toontown

The only thing I would say is that Paul Hurst is renowned for doing his homework and the correct attitude and work ethic seem to be as important as ability.
Posted by: BeijingMariner, June 22, 2021, 11:53am; Reply: 50
Quoted from toontown

I noticed that too, but it could just as easily be jealousy

Posted by: 123614 (Guest), June 22, 2021, 11:54am; Reply: 51

Or Windsor Castle!

Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, June 22, 2021, 11:55am; Reply: 52
Quoted from GrimExile

The only thing I would say is that Paul Hurst is renowned for doing his homework and the correct attitude and work ethic seem to be as important as ability.

Plus a short trip to the Chris Doig Attitude Correction Department and job's a good un.

Paul Hurst: welcome Erico. We hear you have an attitude. This is Chris, we don't feed him before training. You can choose to work hard and integrate into the team or........
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, June 22, 2021, 11:58am; Reply: 53
Quoted from toontown

Very popular with both fans and staff alike, probably more to do with the lack of fans and not a huge reason to go over the top & celebrate.

Like I say, if it turns out to be true that he’s signing for you - you’ve got a great player!
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), June 22, 2021, 12:08pm; Reply: 54
A couple of nice nutmegs in that highlights reel.
Posted by: Grimsbynewhope, June 22, 2021, 12:11pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from 123614
A couple of nice nutmegs in that highlights reel.

Ooh mrs
Posted by: GhostDan, June 22, 2021, 12:13pm; Reply: 56
Kind of fits in with what I was told by somebody at the club  over the weekend.. they said we were close to another signing,  bizarrely I asked if he's any good. They replied.. ''Erm, we're not really sure actually''  ;D
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, June 22, 2021, 12:21pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from GhostDan
Kind of fits in with what I was told by somebody at the club  over the weekend.. they said we were close to another signing,  bizarrely I asked if he's any good. They replied.. ''Erm, we're not really sure actually''  ;D

Tbf, i wouldn't expect Karen the cleaner to know who's good at footy and who's not
Posted by: GhostDan, June 22, 2021, 12:25pm; Reply: 58
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Tbf, i wouldn't expect Karen the cleaner to know who's good at footy and who's not

Quite abit higher up than our Karen but i'm not convinced he actually knew who it was, i'd usually get a name but didn't on this occasion!
Posted by: pen penfras, June 22, 2021, 12:48pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from GrimExile

He's signed several players with attitude problems that he's hoped to get the best out of to varying degrees of success. Neilson, Vose, Arnold and Brodie to name a few
Posted by: Tinymariner, June 22, 2021, 12:55pm; Reply: 60
This thread is like watching 321.
Posted by: Son of Cod, June 22, 2021, 1:06pm; Reply: 61
Quoted from pen penfras

He's signed several players with attitude problems that he's hoped to get the best out of to varying degrees of success. Neilson, Vose, Arnold and Brodie to name a few

Did Arnold have an attitude problem? Always seemed sound whenever I saw/heard him being interviewed. Jon Nolan is undoubtedly his biggest success story with this.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, June 22, 2021, 1:09pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from Son of Cod

Did Arnold have an attitude problem? Always seemed sound whenever I saw/heard him being interviewed. Jon Nolan is undoubtedly his biggest success story with this.

And a close line between Fenty and Brodie for the worst
Posted by: GhostDan, June 22, 2021, 1:34pm; Reply: 63
I remember a few months into Arnold's original loan with us, being told he absolutely hated it here and had basically gone back home to Cambridge & refused to return.  I wonder what sparked a change, because the rest as they say, is history!
Posted by: Mariner_09, June 22, 2021, 1:35pm; Reply: 64
Quoted from GhostDan
I remember a few months into Arnold's original loan with us, being told he absolutely hated it here and had basically gone back home to Cambridge & refused to return.  I wonder what sparked a change, because the rest as they say, is history!

He started getting picked.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, June 22, 2021, 2:13pm; Reply: 65
Quoted from 123614

Or Windsor Castle!

The late Barbaras. Windsor and Castle.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, June 22, 2021, 2:14pm; Reply: 66
Quoted from Tinymariner
This thread is like watching 321.

Rubbish to go in Dusty? 😉
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, June 22, 2021, 2:44pm; Reply: 67
Kabongo Thsimanga is a name i've been given, unreal signing if true.
Posted by: Hagrid, June 22, 2021, 2:45pm; Reply: 68
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

lets hope so, watched him for Oxford City against tranmere couple years ago and he was absolutely superb
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, June 22, 2021, 2:50pm; Reply: 69
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

Story yesterday was he'd told BW he wanted to leave as wanted to play in the Football League and Orient were frontrunners. Not o say it's impossible but would be a real coup.
Posted by: GtfcGarner, June 22, 2021, 2:50pm; Reply: 70
Mitchee Efete and Ryan Taylor are the names I've had given to me. Not sure if 100% but just passing on the info.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, June 22, 2021, 2:51pm; Reply: 71
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

That's an anagram of Omar Bogle.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, June 22, 2021, 2:56pm; Reply: 72

That's an anagram of Omar Bogle.

;D ;D ;D

Right now, i would take Thsimanga over Bogle
Posted by: aussiej, June 22, 2021, 2:57pm; Reply: 73
Kabongo Thsimanga is also the name that has been sent to me from a good source...  also mentions lad from Darlington...
Posted by: rancido, June 22, 2021, 3:02pm; Reply: 74
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

Almost unreal to pronounce as well!!
Posted by: Poojah, June 22, 2021, 3:07pm; Reply: 75
Quoted from rancido

Almost unreal to pronounce as well!!

Trying to pronounce Kabongo Tshimanga. My dear old grandad used to tell me that whenever you think you can’t do something, take the ‘t’ off and try again.

Seems to work well here…
Posted by: Poojah, June 22, 2021, 3:13pm; Reply: 76
Personally I would be very, very surprised (albeit pleasantly) if there were any truth in this. He’s young, 23 but about to turn 24 (and therefore available for nothing) having finished last season as joint second top scorer in the National League for a side that finished in the bottom half.

I just can’t see why an EFL club wouldn’t take a punt on him on that basis and why he’d choose us over them if he did.

I’d be member-a-hoop if it happened though.
Posted by: GhostDan, June 22, 2021, 3:20pm; Reply: 77
Would be an incredible coup if true,  you never know!
Posted by: DB, June 22, 2021, 3:22pm; Reply: 78
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

Didn't we see a picture of Boreham Wood ground in the vid when Pearson signed?

Is this the guy they were referring to? If so would be a good coup for Hursty.

Posted by: pontoonlew, June 22, 2021, 3:38pm; Reply: 79
Quoted from GtfcGarner
Mitchee Efete and Ryan Taylor are the names I've had given to me. Not sure if 100% but just passing on the info.

There’s a random guy on another forum (and he’s not GTFC related) that has said one player is from the ‘Specialist4Sports’ agency.

Efete is part of that agency, so it’d make sense.
Posted by: Tommy, June 22, 2021, 3:55pm; Reply: 80
Announcement imminent on twitter by the looks of it
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, June 22, 2021, 4:01pm; Reply: 81
Quoted from Tommy

And I love how the new regime has a sense of humour.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, June 22, 2021, 4:02pm; Reply: 82
Quoted from Tommy

And I love how the new regime has a sense of humour.
Posted by: Chrisblor, June 22, 2021, 4:06pm; Reply: 83
Superb hairdo on the lad

https://twitter.com/officialgtfc/status/1407353051975987213
Posted by: Billywhiz, June 22, 2021, 4:08pm; Reply: 84
Erico Sousa .?
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, June 22, 2021, 6:13pm; Reply: 85
Bloody hell. I should have registered the phrase "Transfer Tuesday" in my name. The Tellywag are using it now.....and even GTFC have dropped it in their tweets several times.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, June 22, 2021, 7:08pm; Reply: 86
Bloody hell. I should have registered the phrase "Transfer Tuesday" in my name. The Tellywag are using it now.....and even GTFC have dropped it in their tweets several times.

Second idea you’ve missed out on the intellectual property rights on 😆.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, June 22, 2021, 7:15pm; Reply: 87
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Second idea you’ve missed out on the intellectual property rights on 😆.

Thats because the 'intellectual' bit is missing, presumed lost a long time ago.
Posted by: BenBB, June 22, 2021, 7:23pm; Reply: 88
And a third one to conclude Tuesday...

[tweet]1407403027905060864[/tweet]
Posted by: KingstonMariner, June 22, 2021, 7:23pm; Reply: 89

Thats because the 'intellectual' bit is missing, presumed lost a long time ago.

You just need a good lawyer. I hear there’s a good one kicking his heels now. Used to be on the board of a lower league football club. 😁
Posted by: RonMariner, June 23, 2021, 9:37am; Reply: 90
Quoted from KingstonMariner

You just need a good lawyer. I hear there’s a good one kicking his heels now. Used to be on the board of a lower league football club. 😁

Yes, and he is relaxed about fraud if it's only financial institutions that get ripped off.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, June 27, 2021, 11:11pm; Reply: 91
Although ever hopeful, I think Transfer Tuesday will possibly be delayed 24 hours this week as many many players are out of contract on Wednesday
Posted by: lukeo, June 28, 2021, 7:20am; Reply: 92
Although ever hopeful, I think Transfer Tuesday will possibly be delayed 24 hours this week as many many players are out of contract on Wednesday

Booo Hurst out
Posted by: 1542 (Guest), June 28, 2021, 9:20am; Reply: 93

In that case, I don’t mind Transfer Tuesday and Wednesday this week then!!

Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, June 28, 2021, 9:34am; Reply: 94
Quoted from 1542

In that case, I don’t mind Transfer Tuesday and Wednesday this week then!!

Welcome Wednesday?
We got 'im Wednesday?
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, June 28, 2021, 9:40am; Reply: 95
Waif's (and strays) Wednesday
Posted by: Grimsbynewhope, June 28, 2021, 10:04am; Reply: 96
Midweek mariner
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), June 28, 2021, 10:52am; Reply: 97
Come on Noche!
Posted by: lukeo, June 28, 2021, 12:00pm; Reply: 98
Mystery Monday? 😝
Posted by: AussieMariner, June 28, 2021, 12:57pm; Reply: 99
If Fillipe has anything to do with it it will be ‘wind up Wednesday’
Posted by: KingstonMariner, June 28, 2021, 1:46pm; Reply: 100
Quoted from 123614
Come on Noche!

That’s Phil’s role.
Posted by: Belfast Town, June 28, 2021, 10:03pm; Reply: 101
Something is going to be announced tomorrow. I’ve just subscribed to Town’s YouTube channel and turned notifications on, as advised by the Town Facebook post!
Posted by: forza ivano, June 28, 2021, 10:06pm; Reply: 102
I'm guessing - 2 in,one of which is vernham( or bogle??)

Just getting ahead of Filipe😁😁😁

Ps Sam Strandt has started with the Teaser Tweets!
Posted by: gytone, June 28, 2021, 10:38pm; Reply: 103
Don't know if it's anything significant but Vernam has been boxing training at the boxing club I go to in cleethorpes, getting fit for the new season 🤷‍♀️😉
Posted by: Stew0_0, June 29, 2021, 8:56am; Reply: 104
Quoted from Belfast Town
Something is going to be announced tomorrow. I’ve just subscribed to Town’s YouTube channel and turned notifications on, as advised by the Town Facebook post!

Obviously now for the launch of the new kits.
Still hopeful of another Transfer Tuesday though :)
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, June 29, 2021, 9:14am; Reply: 105
Quoted from 123614
Come on Noche!

The disappointing follow up to Dexy's smash hit number one in 1982.
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, June 29, 2021, 9:43am; Reply: 106
Quoted from gytone
Don't know if it's anything significant but Vernam has been boxing training at the boxing club I go to in cleethorpes, getting fit for the new season 🤷‍♀️😉

Him and his girlfriend are based in Grimsby mate, he’s also been doing pre pre season training keeping sharp on Bradley 3G
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, June 29, 2021, 10:49am; Reply: 107
Vernam posted pics of himself at Valley Parade yesterday saying he couldn't wait to get going. Doesn't mean it's not possible but didn't feel like the post of soneone about to move.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, June 29, 2021, 11:50am; Reply: 108
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Vernam posted pics of himself at Valley Parade yesterday saying he couldn't wait to get going. Doesn't mean it's not possible but didn't feel like the post of soneone about to move.

Perhaps he means he can’t wait to get going down the M62/M180 ;)

Posted by: lukeo, June 29, 2021, 12:01pm; Reply: 109
Maybe we need to change the name to new news Tuesday... New kit Revealed today.
Posted by: grimsby pete, June 29, 2021, 12:53pm; Reply: 110
Thursday is the new Tuesday . ;)
Posted by: Grimsbynewhope, June 29, 2021, 1:21pm; Reply: 111
Quoted from grimsby pete
Thursday is the new Tuesday . ;)

Are you saying it’s transfer Tuesday except when it’s Thursday
Posted by: KingstonMariner, June 29, 2021, 1:53pm; Reply: 112
Quoted from lukeo
Maybe we need to change the name to new news Tuesday... New kit Revealed today.

No way. Couldn’t happen. Never.

It’s not alliterative. 😄
Posted by: grimsby pete, June 29, 2021, 3:38pm; Reply: 113
Quoted from Grimsbynewhope

Are you saying it’s transfer Tuesday except when it’s Thursday

Just for this week  ;D
Posted by: Madeleymariner, June 29, 2021, 4:05pm; Reply: 114
Khouri has signed
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, June 29, 2021, 4:20pm; Reply: 115
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Khouri has signed

Although it has happened on a Tuesday, this can't be included in the "Transfer Tuesday" remit. It can't be classed as a transfer as he was already playing for us, much like Giles Coke re-signing (as opposed to resigning, which is completely different scenario)

Still, its good to have a young player on board who tries to give his all in each match.
Posted by: DB, July 5, 2021, 5:29pm; Reply: 116
Any new recruits tomorrow?
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, July 5, 2021, 5:42pm; Reply: 117
The GT page has been the same since Saturday. Perhaps we are waiting to see who becomes available after the Euros. ;)
Posted by: DB, July 5, 2021, 5:46pm; Reply: 118
The GT page has been the same since Saturday. Perhaps we are waiting to see who becomes available after the Euros. ;)

I thought the GT got their scoops from The Fishy. :)
Posted by: jamesgtfc, July 5, 2021, 7:01pm; Reply: 119
Looks like Taylor is 29 so I'd expect a goalscorer through the door. Maybe it's being kept aside for Podge...
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), July 6, 2021, 9:43am; Reply: 120
Quoted from jamesgtfc
Looks like Taylor is 29 so I'd expect a goalscorer through the door. Maybe it's being kept aside for Podge...

I believe Podge is under contract at Newport until June 2022.

Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, July 6, 2021, 7:06pm; Reply: 121
Its a bit late but still time to announce a signing today?
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 2:14pm