Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, June 20, 2021, 2:49pm

Shaun Pearson for me.

The Telegraph are running a poll....

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/grimsby-town-captain-2021-2022-5551469
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, June 20, 2021, 2:58pm; Reply: 1
I would happily see the armband on any of those 4 on the list to be honest
Posted by: jamesgtfc, June 20, 2021, 3:12pm; Reply: 2
The captaincy is always a debate and you would think there will be at least 2 leaders on the pitch in every game next season.

Coke would be my choice but assuming it's one of them 4 I don't think we can complain. If the goalkeeper is captain, an outfielder is nominated to talk to the referee.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, June 20, 2021, 4:01pm; Reply: 3
I went for Coke, he's impressed me so much in his short time at town frankly I'm amazed another league club didn't take a punt before we did and that he ended up at Hereford.
Posted by: rancido, June 20, 2021, 5:00pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from jamesgtfc
The captaincy is always a debate and you would think there will be at least 2 leaders on the pitch in every game next season.

Coke would be my choice but assuming it's one of them 4 I don't think we can complain. If the goalkeeper is captain, an outfielder is nominated to talk to the referee.

I just don't like keepers as captains. It's hard to inspire the players when you are so far behind most of the play
Posted by: jimgtfc, June 20, 2021, 5:16pm; Reply: 5
Coke as captain, Pearson vice, Mckeown club ambassador to the community.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, June 20, 2021, 6:17pm; Reply: 6
Pearson for me, but I like the fact that when you look at Macca, Shaun, Giles Coke and Lennie we now have a spine of players who in their own way show strong leadership.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, June 20, 2021, 6:41pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Pearson for me, but I like the fact that when you look at Macca, Shaun, Giles Coke and Lennie we now have a spine of players who in their own way show strong leadership.

I recall Hurst talking about a leadership group so him and Doig don't get bogged down with player issues which you think they will all be part of.
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, June 20, 2021, 6:47pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Brilliant post. Those four + 7 pairs of legs and we stand a decent chance.
Posted by: grimsby pete, June 20, 2021, 6:51pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from jimgtfc
Coke as captain, Pearson vice, Mckeown club ambassador to the community.

That would be my choice as well.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, June 20, 2021, 6:55pm; Reply: 10
Why not wait and see who else signs? Harry Davis has captained before too.
Posted by: ginnywings, June 20, 2021, 6:59pm; Reply: 11
Will Pearson be a regular starter? If so, then he is an obvious choice. He was brought back as much for his leadership as anything football related and he may be already earmarked for the role.

Coke would also be a good choice, again if he's going to be a regular starter.
Posted by: arryarryarry, June 20, 2021, 7:04pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Lennie? You're 'aving a laff shirley?
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, June 21, 2021, 9:08am; Reply: 13
Coke for me, become so important for Hurst last season, and clearly an incredible pro that wan't to play, not just another paycheck.

Having said that, like others said, give it to any of them 4...
Posted by: Garth, June 21, 2021, 9:16am; Reply: 14
Pearson, promotion written in the stars, Coke when Stu's not available
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), June 21, 2021, 10:05am; Reply: 15
Coke.
Posted by: brigg_mariner, June 21, 2021, 10:14am; Reply: 16
Coke
Posted by: chelseacity, June 21, 2021, 10:32am; Reply: 17
Well we tried it with the Goalie last season, that was a disaster, anyone else is fine unless you don't learn from history.
Posted by: DB, June 21, 2021, 11:47am; Reply: 18
We have some excellent candidates but I feel we should wait a while to see who else Hurst signs. All those named are good but Hurst might find and bring in a little gem.
Posted by: toontown, June 21, 2021, 12:33pm; Reply: 19
Coke or Pearson are the stand out candidates for me, either of those really
Posted by: malkamalka, June 21, 2021, 6:57pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from DB
We have some excellent candidates but I feel we should wait a while to see who else Hurst signs. All those named are good but Hurst might find and bring in a little gem.

Ramos it is then cos he's  (coolp)(coolp)(coolp)
Posted by: DB, June 21, 2021, 7:16pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from malkamalka

Ramos it is then cos he's  (coolp)(coolp)(coolp)

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)

Your talking, I'm listening. ;) ;) ;)
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 1:12pm