Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Fenners, June 19, 2021, 7:49pm
Hope everyone is coping with the close season OK. Can’t wait to get back to BP under the new regime and a genuine feeling of hope for the future.

For those who don’t know I run OnThisGTFCDay on Twitter, a daily OTD historical account of the club. This is mostly using pictures/videos that I’ve acquired. I’ve got most footage that exists of Town’s TV appearances over the years, but there are several I’d love to get hold of.

Chelsea v Grimsby (21/11/81)
Big Match

Grimsby v Doncaster (5/5/79)
Football Special

Bournemouth v Grimsby (24/3/73)
MOTD

Grimsby v Peterborough (29/4/72)
Match of the Week

Do any older fans remember these games on TV or even better does anyone have them?

I’d also be really interested in any taped from TV VHS/DVD Town stuff anyone has that might be rare.

Once this stuff is digitalised, it’s out there for us fans forever.

Fingers crossed!!

Bruce
UTM
Posted by: mimma, June 19, 2021, 8:06pm; Reply: 1
I went to that Bournemouth game in 73. Missed our goal behind a post, and didn't get back in time to watch it on the telly. I was the only Town fan that hasn't seen it, and I was actually at the game!

Christ was it getting on for nearly 50 years ago???
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, June 19, 2021, 8:18pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from mimma
I went to that Bournemouth game in 73. Missed our goal behind a post, and didn't get back in time to watch it on the telly. I was the only Town fan that hasn't seen it, and I was actually at the game!

Christ was it getting on for nearly 50 years ago???

Is that the game when we put a sub on, wearing different coloured shorts?!!
Posted by: grimsby pete, June 19, 2021, 9:03pm; Reply: 3
I was at the Peterborough game heading for championship but was 2-0 down in 1st half.

Like champions we came back to win 3-2  ;D
Posted by: Eastendmariner, June 20, 2021, 12:33am; Reply: 4
also Town v Cambridge  74 I think Frank sharp scored the only goal 1+0 does anyone have the highlights _
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, June 20, 2021, 11:25am; Reply: 5
Quoted from grimsby pete
I was at the Peterborough game heading for championship but was 2-0 down in 1st half.

Like champions we came back to win 3-2  ;D

I'd really like to see the footage of that game. I want to see if Ian Turner was really at fault for their goals. Even heading for the championship we still had moaners in the main stand terracing - "bring back Harry..." That made an impression on an 8-year old - that some fans would barrack their own players - hence the game is a strong early memory for me.

It was Ian Turner's debut as a 19-year-old. The following season he played about half the games - do any of the older ones on here know if that was on merit or was Harry injured?

According to wiki Ian turner is back in Lincs - he lives in Stamford.

Posted by: moosey_club, June 20, 2021, 11:55am; Reply: 6
Quoted from Fenners
Hope everyone is coping with the close season OK. Can’t wait to get back to BP under the new regime and a genuine feeling of hope for the future.

For those who don’t know I run OnThisGTFCDay on Twitter, a daily OTD historical account of the club. This is mostly using pictures/videos that I’ve acquired. I’ve got most footage that exists of Town’s TV appearances over the years, but there are several I’d love to get hold of.

Big Match

Football Special

MOTD

Match of the Week

Do any older fans remember these games on TV or even better does anyone have them?

I’d also be really interested in any taped from TV VHS/DVD Town stuff anyone has that might be rare.

Fingers crossed!!

Bruce
UTM

Just like to say thank you. It's a great feature you run.
Posted by: grimsby pete, June 20, 2021, 6:47pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

I'd really like to see the footage of that game. I want to see if Ian Turner was really at fault for their goals. Even heading for the championship we still had moaners in the main stand terracing - "bring back Harry..." That made an impression on an 8-year old - that some fans would barrack their own players - hence the game is a strong early memory for me.

It was Ian Turner's debut as a 19-year-old. The following season he played about half the games - do any of the older ones on here know if that was on merit or was Harry injured?

According to wiki Ian turner is back in Lincs - he lives in Stamford.

Ian was. In the team on merit and on another tv game the next season he injured his hand at Bournemouth and big Mac kept him on the pitch and used him as a centre forward even though he had another sub available.
Posted by: Fenners, June 21, 2021, 4:23pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from moosey_club

Just like to say thank you. It's a great feature you run.

Thank you. Pleased people get enjoyment from it!!
Posted by: NorfolkImp, June 21, 2021, 4:34pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Fenners

Big Match

ITV4 run The Big Match Revisited every Saturday morning. This season has been 1979/80 campaign which showed the goals of Huddersfield 3 Lincoln City 2 .... which I hadn't seen since the YTV Football Special programme itself back in the day.

I guess with it being a London biased show with Brian Moore hosting and commentating there is every chance this game at Stamford Bridge will be shown someday in the future, unless you trawl YouTube for this particular November edition?

Posted by: moosey_club, June 21, 2021, 4:44pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Fenners

Thank you. Pleased people get enjoyment from it!!

You are welcome. Dont know if you have any footage of this particular game but would be great to see if you do,

30.1.93  Away win at Watford.

It was the only game in that entire season I didnt get to and i have never seen what i missed that day.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, June 21, 2021, 4:48pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Fenners

Big Match

Football Special

MOTD

Match of the Week

Fingers crossed!!

Bruce
UTM

Hi Bruce

I subscribe to your Twitter feed

I was at that 1-1 Chelsea v Town game and distinctly remember Tony Ford scoring for us and I definitely also saw the hightlights

I lived in MK at the time so chances are they were on LWT as I could get the London games there

Posted by: FishOutOfWater, June 21, 2021, 4:51pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from moosey_club

You are welcome. Dont know if you have any footage of this particular game but would be great to see if you do,

30.1.93  Away win at Watford.

It was the only game in that entire season I didnt get to and i have never seen what i missed that day.

That was recently mentioned on the OnThisGTFCDay account

We won 3-2 but was it on TV?

I don't recall that to be honest but it was a cracking afternoon... you don't know what you missed Moosey ;)
Posted by: moosey_club, June 21, 2021, 10:08pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

That was recently mentioned on the OnThisGTFCDay account

We won 3-2 but was it on TV?

I don't recall that to be honest but it was a cracking afternoon... you don't know what you missed Moosey ;)

That's the game, it wasnt on telly but didnt know if the club video team captured it.
Posted by: arryarryarry, June 22, 2021, 10:46am; Reply: 14
Quoted from moosey_club

That's the game, it wasnt on telly but didnt know if the club video team captured it.

I bought nearly all the VHS and DVD highlights the club did, I will have to have a look.

However I do remember that they didn't have all the games as certain clubs didn't allow them in to film, in fact I think there was only one season that they actually had every game on the highlights.
Posted by: moosey_club, June 22, 2021, 5:36pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from arryarryarry

I bought nearly all the VHS and DVD highlights the club did, I will have to have a look.

However I do remember that they didn't have all the games as certain clubs didn't allow them in to film, in fact I think there was only one season that they actually had every game on the highlights.

Crikey o Reilly  if there is a chance on you have it that would be good.
Print page generated: April 24, 2024, 7:44pm