Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: FrazerGTFC, June 18, 2021, 7:09pm
Would Be a good player This Level. https://twitter.com/mattdeanbbc/status/1405944142212042755
Posted by: MuddyWaters, June 18, 2021, 7:55pm; Reply: 1
Big mate of Luke Hendrie.
Posted by: Abdul19, June 18, 2021, 11:35pm; Reply: 2
Well, at least we saved a few quid by not paying a centre back for a month  :-/
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, June 19, 2021, 1:45am; Reply: 3
Would be a coup at National League. Should never have let him go imo. Played 27 League Two games in Morecambes promotion run.

I would be surprised if he signed, as I would think one of the top 10 clubs in League 2 will probally go in for him. Money talks though, so you never know, we're not being run by skinflints anymore.
Posted by: fishboyUTM, June 19, 2021, 7:35am; Reply: 4
Wasn't he trying to leave us for at least a year? Wasn't settled was the rumours.
Or it may have been the previous adminstrations lack of any professionalism?
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, June 19, 2021, 9:10am; Reply: 5
I always liked him as a player, but don’t we need some attacking players instead of more defenders?
Posted by: jamesgtfc, June 19, 2021, 9:18am; Reply: 6
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
I always liked him as a player, but don’t we need some attacking players instead of more defenders?

I think we probably need another quality centre back and at least 1 left back.

Pearson
Longe-King
Idehen (potentially loan out)
Goundry (potentially loan out)
Waterfall (shudder)
Sears
Hendrie (not signed)
Posted by: Davec, June 19, 2021, 10:07am; Reply: 7
Quoted from IlkleyMariner

I don't think I matters in which order the players sign aslong as they sign, we certainly need a couple more defenders atleast
Posted by: Madeleymariner, June 19, 2021, 10:53am; Reply: 8
Quoted from Davec

I don't think I matters in which order the players sign aslong as they sign, we certainly need a couple more defenders atleast

Pity Hall-Johnson signed a new deal at Wrexham, scored nearly as many as our strikers put together playing as a wing back last season
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, June 19, 2021, 12:57pm; Reply: 9
I never really saw much in Davis to think we should be resigning him . I think you’re underestimating the NL if you think he’d pi.S’s that level
Posted by: LondonMariner43, June 19, 2021, 1:11pm; Reply: 10
Clifton likely to play at full back next season?
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, June 19, 2021, 1:11pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
I never really saw much in Davis to think we should be resigning him . I think you’re underestimating the NL if you think he’d pi.S’s that level

Maybe not but …….. Given the number of games in the early season, it is pretty important to have your squad more or less complete. I seem to remember this being quite a problem every year even in the Conference. So while he may not tear up any trees, he is a capable defender and it is essential we get a good start with have enough cover to do that.

Posted by: pen penfras, June 19, 2021, 1:44pm; Reply: 12

He's been promoted from L2 twice. Not sure how much money we're offering, but doubt it's enough to do better than that
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, June 19, 2021, 2:17pm; Reply: 13
I’m not doubting his record but not convinced by him as a player . Just an opinion.
Posted by: Marinerdan, June 19, 2021, 2:54pm; Reply: 14

If 37 year old Nathan Clarke can play every week for Halifax the general standard of Conference centre back can’t be that good!
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, June 19, 2021, 3:55pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Marinerdan

If 37 year old Nathan Clarke can play every week for Halifax the general standard of Conference centre back can’t be that good!

Tbf to Nathan Clarke he played the majority of his career at a much higher level than Harry Davis
Posted by: Marinerdan, June 19, 2021, 5:07pm; Reply: 16

Tbf to Nathan Clarke he played the majority of his career at a much higher level than Harry Davis

So had Adam Proudlock. Neither were good enough for League 2 by the time they came here.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, June 19, 2021, 7:26pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Marinerdan

So had Adam Proudlock. Neither were good enough for League 2 by the time they came here.

This is true all that matters is what happens in the black and white
Posted by: MuddyWaters, June 19, 2021, 9:49pm; Reply: 18
I’m not doubting his record but not convinced by him as a player . Just an opinion.

Davis or Waterfall? I’ll leave it there.
Posted by: blundellpork, June 19, 2021, 9:59pm; Reply: 19
The biggest surprise was that Holloway allowed our best ball playing defender to leave, then expected our worst ball playing defenders to try and play out like Man City
Posted by: ex-merseymariner, June 20, 2021, 6:53am; Reply: 20
Quoted from blundellpork
The biggest surprise was that Holloway allowed our best ball playing defender to leave, then expected our worst ball playing defenders to try and play out like Man City

See also Hessenthaler, Vernam, Clarke, Garmston, Grandin, A Rose, Cardwell...
Hess and Davis were regulars in Lge 2 sides last season making their departures particularly unforgivable.

But it was all the pandemic's fault remember?

We lost half our team and we struggled to replace them as Ollie could ONLY bring in 7 loanees and Mohsini, Rose, Scannell, Morais, Williams, Jackson Sisay, Gibson etc

There's some irony that arguably the best signing last summer was the 1 they forgot to announce - Spokes!

Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, June 20, 2021, 7:05am; Reply: 21
Tbf I was surprised by the signing of scannel. A pretty big name that’s played at the top level. If he could’ve stayed injury free, am sure he would’ve proved to be a good signing (although, if he’d been injury free, he wouldn’t have signed for us)
Posted by: GtfcGarner, June 20, 2021, 8:13am; Reply: 22
Feel like Harry would be a top signing. Forgive me if I'm wrong but he's also left footed from what I remember? He's just been part of a Morecambe team as a regular that was pretty much in the top 4 all throughout the season. I would have him back here tomorrow, that would leave us with Pearson, Longe-King, Davis and Waterfall. I think the latter will be moved on and maybe we bring one more in but if we can't Hurst will keep him as 4th choice. The standard of signings we have made at the minute seem fantastic on paper and can't wait to be back in BP.
Posted by: fishboyUTM, June 20, 2021, 8:31am; Reply: 23
Quoted from blundellpork

Staggering ineptitude. I'd love to hear him explain that one. And I actually feel for Waterfall whose confidence must have been damaged after being asked to play like Baresi. Okay, he turns like a barge, but if you ask him to win his headers and clear his lines then he's as solid as they come at L2 level. Receving the ball under pressure is not his forte, yet Holloway must have known that yet played that way AND extended his contract! Absolute madness. It's why we are where we are.
Posted by: jimgtfc, June 20, 2021, 8:44am; Reply: 24
Quoted from GtfcGarner
Feel like Harry would be a top signing. Forgive me if I'm wrong but he's also left footed from what I remember? He's just been part of a Morecambe team as a regular that was pretty much in the top 4 all throughout the season. I would have him back here tomorrow, that would leave us with Pearson, Longe-King, Davis and Waterfall. I think the latter will be moved on and maybe we bring one more in but if we can't Hurst will keep him as 4th choice. The standard of signings we have made at the minute seem fantastic on paper and can't wait to be back in BP.

Pretty sure he’s right footed but I agree with your points
Posted by: moosey_club, June 20, 2021, 11:59am; Reply: 25
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Tbf I was surprised by the signing of scannel. A pretty big name that’s played at the top level. If he could’ve stayed injury free, am sure he would’ve proved to be a good signing (although, if he’d been injury free, he wouldn’t have signed for us)

Not sure having an attitude issue is an injury 😉
Posted by: arryarryarry, June 20, 2021, 7:06pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

In most of the games he played, he played like he couldn't be arsed.
Posted by: Abdul19, June 30, 2021, 7:50pm; Reply: 27
https://twitter.com/HumbersideSport/status/1410308477935927299?s=19
Posted by: Gainsbro_Mariner, June 30, 2021, 7:55pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Abdul19

Good luck to him.

Even after dropping out of the Football League, I’d take our situation over there’s. Things don’t look too rosey down the M180. Can’t blame Davis for remaining in the Football League but with all their current in-fighting and issues with their chairman you gotta wonder how stable that club is.

I can see Hendrie going there now
Posted by: marinerdazza, June 30, 2021, 8:03pm; Reply: 29
I see their “recruitment team” are back to signing players we’re after.
Posted by: DB, June 30, 2021, 8:08pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from marinerdazza
I see their “recruitment team” are back to signing players we’re after.

Didn't know they could afford a 'recruitment team'.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, June 30, 2021, 8:10pm; Reply: 31
We should not waste time looking backwards.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, June 30, 2021, 8:29pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from DB

Yeh, its fat Dave, you know him, Dave...fat Dave...from the pub.......... oh come on, you know Fat Dave surely? Everyone knows Fat Dave. No? Drunk bloke that sits in the corner who claims to know everything but actually knows fook all........yeh?......now you remember him....

....well he's the Recruitment team for Scunny
Posted by: marinerdazza, June 30, 2021, 8:29pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from DB

It’s Swann’s son isn’t it? Absolutely bizarre set up over there.
Posted by: ginnywings, June 30, 2021, 8:30pm; Reply: 34
I liked Harry; good solid defender, but you can't blame him for signing at a league club, even one that's a bit of a basket case at the moment. Good luck to him.

Don't think it was ever confirmed we were definitely after him was it?
Posted by: Poojah, June 30, 2021, 8:33pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from ginnywings
I liked Harry; good solid defender, but you can't blame him for signing at a league club, even one that's a bit of a basket case at the moment. Good luck to him.

I believe Matt Dean said we were. Which I think means we weren’t.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, June 30, 2021, 9:06pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from ginnywings

He’s only signed for a year, long enough for him to find out they’re a basket case. Suspect his mate Luke Hendrie will follow him.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, June 30, 2021, 9:08pm; Reply: 37
Good luck Harry, have a feeling you will need it!
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 1, 2021, 7:45am; Reply: 38
A nice job for Agent Davis next season.  ;)
Posted by: HertsGTFC, July 1, 2021, 7:55am; Reply: 39
I would imagine he’s going to be busy.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 4:41am