Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: vernontown, June 15, 2021, 9:09pm
Can anyone clarify?

Sent my renewal off on paper, having received renewal pack. Then noticed people saying you can select your seat from a stadium map, like most 'modern' venues.

This only appears if you browse as a new season ticket applicant.

What bothers me is this map doesn't seem to make sense. If you take the blocks and seat numbers for the Lower Youngs, mine and my son's season ticket were 89 and 90. Last time we sat there it was near the half way line, because that's what we wanted. However the visual that you click on on the website would give the impression that those seats are one seat from the touchline at the Pontoon end!

So, am I going to find my seat is nowhere near where it was before? Something I would not be happy about. Or, are new customers buying tickets going to find their seats are nowhere near where they thought they were buying.

I'm confused and slightly concerned!
Posted by: pizzzza, June 15, 2021, 9:30pm; Reply: 1
I haven't seen any online seat map (link please?) but I highly doubt that they would change any seat numbering.
Posted by: vernontown, June 15, 2021, 9:36pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from pizzzza
I haven't seen any online seat map (link please?) but I highly doubt that they would change any seat numbering.

https://www.venuetoolbox.com/grimsby/ASP/selectArea.asp?bookEvent=true&eventID={E493EA2D-81CD-4F4E-BE03-EC031E6B82DC}&homeArea=home

Just the Youngs that doesn't look right.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, June 15, 2021, 9:42pm; Reply: 3
The Lower Youngs sections are not to scale. The Osmond end isn't even level with the penalty box but the map shows it is nearly as long as the whole pitch. Seats 89 and 90 will be exactly where you left them last year
Posted by: MarinerRob, June 15, 2021, 9:43pm; Reply: 4
My seat N93 is not even on the map.
Posted by: vernontown, June 15, 2021, 9:52pm; Reply: 5
The Lower Youngs sections are not to scale. The Osmond end isn't even level with the penalty box but the map shows it is nearly as long as the whole pitch. Seats 89 and 90 will be exactly where you left them last year

I'm sure you are right. I've looked again, and I think it is correct, but it needs to be clearer. I think it's a bit counter intuitive. You expect the detailed graphic to be 'pitch at top'  whereas it is actually 'pitch at bottom'.   Maybe I'm stupid!!! But I suspect it will confuse more than just me.
Posted by: Rob_in_Grimsby, June 15, 2021, 9:53pm; Reply: 6
unless they have put 33 seats in the PA box i would suspect the layout is slightly wrong and  misleading :)

both side stands have a big gap at one end which the new online system has not taken in to consideration
Posted by: vernontown, June 15, 2021, 10:08pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby
unless they have put 33 seats in the PA box i would suspect the layout is slightly wrong and  misleading :)

both side stands have a big gap at one end which the new online system has not taken in to consideration

Yeah, absolutely. See my previous reply. I think it's that on full ground view the Youngs is at the bottom of a rectangle. When you click on a block the seat plan is shown from the perspective of the other way around, i.e. pitch is below the graphic. Just a bit confusing. May well catch people out. At very least could do with a key to show where pitch is.
Posted by: vernontown, June 15, 2021, 10:42pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from MarinerRob
My seat N93 is not even on the map.

Just looked at that. Yes, you seem to have disappeared into a black and white hole!
Posted by: gtfcmd, June 17, 2021, 2:00pm; Reply: 9
might be able to change to your old normal seat speak to ticket office i heard them saying might be able to change seats if not the right place when i purchased my season tickets
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 10:23pm