Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, June 15, 2021, 5:03pm
https://twitter.com/officialgtfc/status/1404831070701432835
Posted by: AdamHaddock, June 15, 2021, 5:05pm; Reply: 1
Welcome Foxs
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, June 15, 2021, 5:11pm; Reply: 2
Done National League level, then broke into first team with Burton and 27 games in League One before injury sounds really promising. Another Danny Andrew style signing? (ohmy)  Welcome our new Fox in the box.

[youtube]R-w4tE0sBEE[/youtube]
Posted by: GhostDan, June 15, 2021, 5:25pm; Reply: 3
Slightly off topic but intercourse getting on the wrong side of Chris Doig..

Welcome Ben.

UTM.
Posted by: acko338, June 15, 2021, 5:34pm; Reply: 4
Team spirit and good attitude - all promising qualities forming with the new signings.

Research and due diligence when making the player search, so perhaps no more wrong 3 year contracted players ?

Good reference from Charles Vernam to Ben Fox as well !

Sadly, the 1st background noise interference interview !

Shut that door.... but quieter !
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, June 15, 2021, 5:43pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from GhostDan
Slightly off topic but intercourse getting on the wrong side of Chris Doig..

Welcome Ben.

UTM.

You're not wrong. He looks like Hurst after a good night out and a course of steroids.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, June 15, 2021, 5:48pm; Reply: 6
Has anyone noticed the scarf hes parading in his publicity photos?

Is that a new design for this season?
Posted by: DB, June 15, 2021, 5:56pm; Reply: 7
Has anyone noticed the scarf hes parading in his publicity photos?

Is that a new design for this season?

I noticed that and assumed it's new for this season, mentions 1878 so it must be.

Posted by: jamesgtfc, June 15, 2021, 9:19pm; Reply: 8
Listening to the RH interview with him, it seems he has done his due diligence on our management team too.
Posted by: Grimsby2012, June 15, 2021, 9:28pm; Reply: 9
Heard really good things about this lad.

In my opinion, and that of Burton supports in the family, he's probably our best signing yet.

Genuinely excited by this one.

Think of craig disley on steroids
Posted by: Poojah, June 15, 2021, 11:02pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Grimsby2012
Think of craig disley on steroids

[img]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c8/8f/1a/c88f1a5f271c6bc62861857b14bfffd4.jpg[/img]
Saved you all a job.

And yes, that is the campest thing I’ve ever posted on here.
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, July 22, 2021, 5:46pm; Reply: 11
YouTube video off the Grimsby Town channel posted earlier today, from Ben Fox discussing the Mansfield friendly and time at Grimsby so far.

[youtube]i3PqWzBqp64[/youtube]
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, July 22, 2021, 7:17pm; Reply: 12
Encouraging, well done to everybody.  We kept us shape well.  The Hurst influence there.  
Posted by: dicko995, July 23, 2021, 8:41am; Reply: 13
Erm, a good video from erm Ben Fox. Erm, i quite erm enjoyed it. Erm,what a good signing he is erm going to be for us. Erm, if you havent watched the video, erm, you wont get this,erm.
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), July 23, 2021, 9:11am; Reply: 14
Rooney was like that when he first started being interviewed, dunno if he's managed to get that out of his system yet.
Posted by: livosnose, July 23, 2021, 1:12pm; Reply: 15
Ryan Bennet used to say ‘obviously ‘ a lot !
Posted by: DB, July 23, 2021, 1:48pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from dicko995
Erm, a good video from erm Ben Fox. Erm, i quite erm enjoyed it. Erm,what a good signing he is erm going to be for us. Erm, if you havent watched the video, erm, you wont get this,erm.

We're paying him to play football, not to be a video star.

Just saying.
Posted by: Gaffer58, July 23, 2021, 4:13pm; Reply: 17
As nearly every footballer interviewed says “ erm” about 3 times every second he’s probably a genius if it’s only 1/2 per sentence.
Posted by: moosey_club, July 23, 2021, 5:02pm; Reply: 18
Erm....
And also the
yeah, no

Very common first words in football interviews

Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 23, 2021, 10:58pm; Reply: 19
Bet if you filmed any random person talking there’d be loads of erms and other fillers, like. You generally don’t erm like notice them.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, July 24, 2021, 12:03am; Reply: 20
Quoted from dicko995

Good job he’s not a mudrat otherwise we’d have the docs inspecting from finger to shoulder
Posted by: Grimal, July 24, 2021, 12:11am; Reply: 21
Quoted from dicko995

Better than hearing Bruv or Like   every other word.

Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, July 24, 2021, 12:13am; Reply: 22
Quoted from dicko995

He needs a crash course in confident speaking from our own JS
Posted by: acko338, July 24, 2021, 8:48am; Reply: 23
If he bosses the midfield to be dominant against other teams, and scores a few good goals this year, he can stay mute for all I care !!
Posted by: Roast Em Bobby, July 24, 2021, 5:51pm; Reply: 24
Based on today's game I think we've got a really good player on our hands. Works as hard as Harry Clifton but with more composure and better passing. That's not to knock Harry btw - he played well today and looks to be carrying over his form from the end of last season.
Posted by: Mariner_501, July 24, 2021, 6:44pm; Reply: 25
Very good player we have here
Posted by: HertsGTFC, July 24, 2021, 7:05pm; Reply: 26
Really like the look of him, good vision, likes a tackle and can pass the ball.
Posted by: fishcake63, July 24, 2021, 8:14pm; Reply: 27
way above non league standard , think hurst found a real player best way to describe him DURACELL but good on the ball
Posted by: jamesgtfc, July 24, 2021, 8:43pm; Reply: 28
I might be wrong but hasn't he had a couple of long-term injuries? Danny Andrew was quality but was seen as a risk at the time.
Posted by: Roast Em Bobby, July 24, 2021, 9:20pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from jamesgtfc
I might be wrong but hasn't he had a couple of long-term injuries? Danny Andrew was quality but was seen as a risk at the time.

He's defintely had one bad injury not sure about two. A few of the players signed seem to fit the bill of promising young player who broke through at a higher level, got injured and then covid prevented a come back and then they were out of contract. A pretty good strategy from Hursty I think, so long as they're not serial crocks
Posted by: jamesgtfc, July 24, 2021, 9:46pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby

He's defintely had one bad injury not sure about two. A few of the players signed seem to fit the bill of promising young player who broke through at a higher level, got injured and then covid prevented a come back and then they were out of contract. A pretty good strategy from Hursty I think, so long as they're not serial crocks

I think any team with ambition needs to take a gamble of some description. Whether that is one or two players with pedigree but doubts over their fitness or pushing the boat out on a player or 2. If they work, you probably go up.
Posted by: RichMariner, July 25, 2021, 11:06am; Reply: 31
Being in non-league as we are, we have to take gambles. If we want quality, it probably comes with injury risks. If we want players who never get injured, they probably have limits on their ability.  

We’re unlikely to get the full package, so to speak. As we always say, if there’s nothing wrong with them, they wouldn’t be signing at this level.
Print page generated: April 24, 2024, 1:36am