Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Sigone, June 14, 2021, 3:48pm
Will be renewing my season ticket tomorrow and I'm looking at changing stands..in 40 years I've been everywhere bar the lower
.thinking of giving a try...can I call on anyone's experience of it, the pros and cons..many thanks.
Posted by: heppy88, June 14, 2021, 3:56pm; Reply: 1
I love the lower, sitting close to half way. I would sit row C or higher for a better view. Good bunch of regulars around that area to.
Posted by: Hagrid, June 14, 2021, 3:57pm; Reply: 2
good people in the lower
Posted by: DB, June 14, 2021, 3:59pm; Reply: 3
Can't help you, but where do you consider is the place to watch a game?
Posted by: jamesgtfc, June 14, 2021, 4:05pm; Reply: 4
I love the lower. Close to the action and no obstructed views. For balance though, it isn't the best stand in the rain.
Posted by: pizzzza, June 14, 2021, 4:06pm; Reply: 5
All the top supporters sit in the lower, myself included  :)

Pros - A great side on view with no obstructions but also close to the action. All whilst being no more expensive than the Pontoon or Main.

Cons - When it pisses it down it is probably the most exposed stand in the ground.
Posted by: Chrisblor, June 14, 2021, 4:18pm; Reply: 6
Used to have a seat in the lower when I was a teenager. Great views from the back few rows. The lower rows can sometimes be a bit annoying as people walking past can sometimes block your view. Absolutely shite when it's raining since you usually get drenched.
Posted by: Sigone, June 14, 2021, 4:30pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from DB
Can't help you, but where do you consider is the place to watch a game?

I loved it at the back of the upper, just knackering getting up there..pontoon last time..not so enjoyable..main stand..too many posts and the low sun.
Posted by: Teestogreen, June 14, 2021, 4:39pm; Reply: 8
When I was a teenager - and younger - it was the Barratt - standing only - near the front - brilliant atmosphere when the crowd was in.
Never been in the Lower - like the view of the Humber from the Upper.
UTM
Posted by: Zmariner, June 14, 2021, 5:17pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from pizzzza
All the top supporters sit in the lower, myself included  :)

Pros - A great side on view with no obstructions but also close to the action. All whilst being no more expensive than the Pontoon or Main.

Cons - When it pisses it down it is probably the most exposed stand in the ground.

I can confirm that is correct, the cream of the support is in the lower findus
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, June 14, 2021, 5:45pm; Reply: 10
Get yourself a Stone Island jacket and you'll find the pontoon welcoming!!..🤭...
Lower fundus, upper rows, definitely the best seats in the house although my lad and me prefer the ponny, sit just behind the goal..
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, June 14, 2021, 5:49pm; Reply: 11
I’ve a season ticket in the kitchen next to the fridge unfortunately

Well, I hope to be able to for the upcoming season
Posted by: 1mickylyons, June 15, 2021, 1:34am; Reply: 12
Been in them all over the years but I wouldnt buy another ST in the lower Town 5 Tranmere 2 amongst others :(
Posted by: grimsby pete, June 15, 2021, 7:48am; Reply: 13
You can not see any ships from the lower.
Posted by: bedders78, June 15, 2021, 8:06am; Reply: 14
Quoted from grimsby pete
You can not see any ships from the lower.

You can see trains from the Pontoon
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 11:12pm