Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: immariner, June 12, 2021, 1:22pm
Pending no Covid restrictions, we're gonna sell it out aren't we regardlesa of where it is.

What's everyone hoping for? I reckon Weymouth would be decent. I'd have said Torquay (if they don't go up) but those Devon roads will be chocca in August. Save them for April/May.
Posted by: Hagrid, June 12, 2021, 1:26pm; Reply: 1
No thanks. Dont want anywhere miles away at all
Posted by: lukeo, June 12, 2021, 1:29pm; Reply: 2
Anything within 2-3 hours of me in Taunton please and be able to get a ticket. I have made a promise to myself i will be at the first away game we're allowed to aslong as I can get a ticket!

You watch it be the north east somewhere šŸ˜‚
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, June 12, 2021, 1:29pm; Reply: 3
Kings Lynn away...  

......but the A17 is not the best road to drive on any time of year or day of week. Difficult by train as well ( 3 changes from Grimsby at least.
Posted by: aldi_01, June 12, 2021, 1:41pm; Reply: 4
Couldnā€™t care less where it isā€¦Iā€™ll be thereā€¦
Posted by: RonMariner, June 12, 2021, 3:27pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from aldi_01

Well said.

I can't wait for the first home game.

It seems like an age since I was last in BP. It will be brilliant to be there again!
Posted by: immariner, June 12, 2021, 4:32pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Hagrid
No thanks. Dont want anywhere miles away at all

If I'm travelling, I'd much rather play the furthest games in the nicest weather, given the preference, especially when there's potential to make it a long weekend.
Posted by: lukeo, June 12, 2021, 5:17pm; Reply: 7
To be fair I could wangle it to make the first home game and make the 10hr round trip for it.  
Posted by: KingstonMariner, June 13, 2021, 12:46am; Reply: 8
Somewhere with scope for a lot of away fans. Notts County would be good. Nice and central too. If there are no restrictions because of Covid I reckon we could get 4000 there.
Posted by: Abdul19, June 13, 2021, 11:41am; Reply: 9
Yeah Notts would be ace
Posted by: Poojah, June 13, 2021, 12:00pm; Reply: 10
Very much in the ā€œwherever it is Iā€™ll be thereā€ camp, but Notts County would indeed be absolutely brilliant. If that were to happen, I could easily see us taking four or five thousand amidst the buoyant atmosphere of post-Fenty, post-Pandemic optimism.

It will be a memorable day wherever it is and whatever the result.
Posted by: The Yard Dog, June 13, 2021, 1:52pm; Reply: 11
Chesterfield, remember that day back in May 90.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, June 13, 2021, 2:04pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from aldi_01

This completelyā€¦.
Posted by: Garth, June 14, 2021, 6:32pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from The Yard Dog
Chesterfield, remember that day back in May 90.

Didn't a Town fan drop through the roof after a number had climbed on the stand roof
Posted by: forza ivano, June 14, 2021, 6:48pm; Reply: 14
Kidderminster away  was awesome, blazing hot, packed out away stand and by god did we make some noise that day
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, June 14, 2021, 7:21pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from forza ivano
Kidderminster away  was awesome, blazing hot, packed out away stand and by god did we make some noise that day

I'm sure that was the first game after Kenny Meeches court case..absolute bedlam..great day..
Posted by: KingstonMariner, June 14, 2021, 8:24pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Garth

Didn't a Town fan drop through the roof after a number had climbed on the stand roof

I remember some climbing up the floodlight pylon.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 7:04am