Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), June 11, 2021, 1:35pm
Was just watching some Test cricket at lunch time and noticed how big the crowd was.  There didn't appear to be a lot of separation between people for sure.  So what's the score with football crowds, are they now allowed more in the grounds?
Posted by: LondonMariner43, June 11, 2021, 1:40pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from 123614
Was just watching some Test cricket at lunch time and noticed how big the crowd was.  There didn't appear to be a lot of separation between people for sure.  So what's the score with football crowds, are they now allowed more in the grounds?

It is a 'test' event apparently...

Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, June 11, 2021, 1:50pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from LondonMariner43

It is a 'test' event apparently...

🤦🏻‍♂️ Good gulley
Posted by: aldi_01, June 11, 2021, 1:58pm; Reply: 3
A test event…to see if people can attend something they’ve attended multiple times before…
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, June 11, 2021, 3:21pm; Reply: 4
It’s cricket, and like rugger and racing the people that go there are dependable sorts who are able to drink responsibly…..
Posted by: WesternMariner, June 11, 2021, 3:57pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
It’s cricket, and like rugger and racing the people that go there are dependable sorts who are able to drink responsibly…..

I love a test match when I can and I’ll honestly say I spend the entire time getting absolutely w@nkered - far far more so than I’ve ever been at a football match. Makes no sense at all.
Posted by: bax, June 11, 2021, 4:13pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from 123614

It's a test event where everyone had to have a negative test before they go in and then have to take another two days after to see if there's been any transmission.

Which, given everyone tested negative on entry, will probably show no-one got it I the ground!
Posted by: RichMariner, June 11, 2021, 4:34pm; Reply: 7
I think I've seen more fights in the crowd at cricket than I have in the crowd at football.
Posted by: aldi_01, June 11, 2021, 4:50pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from bax

It's a test event where everyone had to have a negative test before they go in and then have to take another two days after to see if there's been any transmission.

Which, given everyone tested negative on entry, will probably show no-one got it I the ground!

And depending how serious people took the testing, a significant amount will come back as void…
Posted by: GrimRob, June 11, 2021, 5:40pm; Reply: 9
There's normally a lot of negativity in the Blundell Park crowd
Posted by: DB, June 11, 2021, 5:45pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from GrimRob
There's normally a lot of negativity in the Blundell Park crowd

Only in the last 17 years or so. Wonder why?

Posted by: golfer, June 12, 2021, 6:15pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from WesternMariner

I love a test match when I can and I’ll honestly say I spend the entire time getting absolutely w@nkered - far far more so than I’ve ever been at a football match. Makes no sense at all.

I've never seen anybody getting w@nkered at a football match especially in the upper Findus , but I don't know what goes on in the Pontoon.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, June 12, 2021, 6:31pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from WesternMariner

I think you missed the sarcasm in Imp’s post.

It was sarcastic wasn’t it?
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, June 12, 2021, 6:34pm; Reply: 13
England’s batting is getting w@nkered...
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, June 12, 2021, 11:45pm; Reply: 14
Yes it was rather sarcastic.

Pisses me off hugely that football fans are tested as scum.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, June 13, 2021, 12:03am; Reply: 15
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Yes it was rather sarcastic.

Pisses me off hugely that football fans are tested as scum.

Some of it self-inflicted. By those people who bought into the lies made-up by the police and the Sun about Hillsborough. All builds up to an acceptance of the conditions imposed on us. Not forgetting the guff about tampon boxes and Nick Dale’s comments.
Posted by: Mayaman, June 13, 2021, 5:46am; Reply: 16
Quoted from 123614

It got me stumped an all.

Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 12:13pm