Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: GollyGTFC, June 11, 2021, 8:06am
Not the French President who got a slap earlier this week.

Town’s new “technical partner”…

[tweet]1403245618512859136[/tweet]
Posted by: Withnail, June 11, 2021, 8:32am; Reply: 1
Hope the new kit doesn't get slapped down. Baddum tish!
Posted by: Gainsbro_Mariner, June 11, 2021, 8:45am; Reply: 2
Fair play, they've made some decent kits from what I have seen, I'm glad we didn't go down the path of some of the lower end tacky brands you see kicking about like Carbrini, Carlotti, Surridge, FBT etc

Must admit after 13 seasons of Errea I had completely lost the ability to distinguish which kits were from which season they all looked the same to me so glad for a change and hopefully a refreshed design. May actually buy one for the first time in a while.  ;)
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, June 11, 2021, 8:49am; Reply: 3
Times, they are a’changing
Posted by: aldi_01, June 11, 2021, 8:52am; Reply: 4
Quoted from Gainsbro_Mariner
Fair play, they've made some decent kits from what I have seen, I'm glad we didn't go down the path of some of the lower end tacky brands you see kicking about like Carbrini, Carlotti, Surridge, FBT etc

Must admit after 13 seasons of Errea I had completely lost the ability to distinguish which kits were from which season they all looked the same to me so glad for a change and hopefully a refreshed design. May actually buy one for the first time in a while.  ;)

The Errea kits we had were woeful quality and the sizing was all over the…Shame really as some of they’re kits are excellent…
Posted by: Gainsbro_Mariner, June 11, 2021, 9:49am; Reply: 5
Quoted from aldi_01

The Errea kits we had were woeful quality and the sizing was all over the…Shame really as some of they’re kits are excellent…

Agreed, football shirts in general have changed over the last decade or so they're almost physique fit not baggy like they were so anyone who's not slim looks like a poorly packed sausage.. At least in Rugby they release a fan shirt thats cut different to the on the field spray on versions. I'm 6ft3 and the XL or XXL Nike kits we had 2004-08 used to fit a treat no problem at all, but after the first couple of Errea kits which weren't too bad I started to look like an overweight cyclist and I'm not really an unhealthy big. Last one I bought was I thought I would up by size to a 3XL shirt a couple of years ago and its still not a flattering look so I don't think I wore it once.

Hope Macron sizing is a little more sensible.
Posted by: mimma, June 11, 2021, 11:21am; Reply: 6
I just wish that we always played in our traditional black and white stripes instead of this ludicrous idea of one strip for home games, and another strip for away games. At away games the vast majority of Town fans wear black and white, not many wear the away colours, so what is the point?

Tradition trumps current fashion every time.

Can anyone remember the candy stripes we played in in the sixties? I always thought they looked smart and were completely different,
Posted by: Poojah, June 11, 2021, 11:44am; Reply: 7
Quoted from mimma
I just wish that we always played in our traditional black and white stripes instead of this ludicrous idea of one strip for home games, and another strip for away games. At away games the vast majority of Town fans wear black and white, not many wear the away colours, so what is the point?

Tradition trumps current fashion every time.

Can anyone remember the candy stripes we played in in the sixties? I always thought they looked smart and were completely different,

Agree with this - we should wear black and white stripes wherever there isn't a kit clash. I'd prefer us to change to white shorts or white / black / red socks (whichever aren't the official first choice) before we use a change kit. There's something special about seeing the famous black and white away from home.

I think the prevailing logic is that this approach would lead to fewer outings for second and third strips, which would affect sales of those shirts. I can understand the theory, but I'd be highly surprised if it had any meaningful impact - if people like the shirts and they're reasonably priced, they will buy them regardless.
Posted by: aldi_01, June 11, 2021, 11:52am; Reply: 8
It’s purely a marketing thing.

We’ve had some dreadful kits with Errea, remember that ‘pink’ number that looked nothing like pink?

I’d be happy with a really simple black and white, I don’t wear my shirt that I buy but it would still be nice to have a decent and simplistic kit.

I’d like them to do an option without the sponsor but that’s unlikely.

We’ve gone quite far in to this thread without someone decreeing the need for red socks only…
Posted by: Kris2, June 11, 2021, 12:27pm; Reply: 9
As long as they don't make a third kit that makes you look like a salmon it's all good.
Posted by: DB, June 11, 2021, 12:37pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Kris2
As long as they don't make a third kit that makes you look like a salmon it's all good.

We have Harry Haddock,

he could have mate with

Sammy Salmon!

Just a thought!

Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, June 11, 2021, 1:00pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Kris2

Anyone got any vera’s…..eezergood eezergood
Posted by: Posh Harry, June 11, 2021, 1:26pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Gainsbro_Mariner

Agreed, football shirts in general have changed over the last decade or so they're almost physique fit not baggy like they were so anyone who's not slim looks like a poorly packed sausage.. At least in Rugby they release a fan shirt thats cut different to the on the field spray on versions. I'm 6ft3 and the XL or XXL Nike kits we had 2004-08 used to fit a treat no problem at all, but after the first couple of Errea kits which weren't too bad I started to look like an overweight cyclist and I'm not really an unhealthy big. Last one I bought was I thought I would up by size to a 3XL shirt a couple of years ago and its still not a flattering look so I don't think I wore it once.

Hope Macron sizing is a little more sensible.

I’ve always found macron sizing a little bit small and very irritating.

Not a clue about the kit though 🙂
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 4:32pm