Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, June 8, 2021, 12:50pm
Ryan Sears ex Shrewsbury on his way apparently.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/exclusive-ex-shrewsbury-town-man-set-for-grimsby-town-switch/

23 year old Right back, played few games in league but been on loan at Telford.
Posted by: Grimsbynewhope, June 8, 2021, 12:53pm; Reply: 1
Can you try that again GM link doesn’t appear to work.
Thanks
Posted by: tanga_the_indestructible, June 8, 2021, 12:59pm; Reply: 2
https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/exclusive-ex-shrewsbury-town-man-set-for-grimsby-town-switch/
Posted by: Grimsbynewhope, June 8, 2021, 1:02pm; Reply: 3
Thanks
Posted by: AdamHaddock, June 8, 2021, 1:29pm; Reply: 4
If true, welcome Searss.
Posted by: Les Brechin, June 8, 2021, 1:38pm; Reply: 5
Is he related to Freddie?
Posted by: Mikey_345, June 8, 2021, 3:12pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Withnail

I've deleted my original post as not helpful in any way.

Obviously it's still there in Mikey's reply but that's his call whether he also wants to delete, not mine

πŸ‘
Posted by: forza ivano, June 8, 2021, 3:27pm; Reply: 7
https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/football/shrewsbury-town-fc/2020/01/17/fleetwood-v-shrewsbury-town-ryan-sears-recalls-the-long-tortuous-months-out/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Sears

https://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/99096/sears

some good stuff here - wonder if lennie has played apart in this transfer? Sounds a bit like McAtee - knows Hurst, promising youngster who's obviously got some ability and both having to take a step backwards
Posted by: Madeleymariner, June 8, 2021, 7:49pm; Reply: 8
No first team football for a year not even on loan, lets hope he is properly fixed now.
Posted by: Civvy at last, June 8, 2021, 8:56pm; Reply: 9
My main concern is  not of how good he is,  it is if he will take the knee or not.
And if so, what should happen if he gets boo’d ?
Please discuss πŸ˜‰
πŸ˜— πŸ˜—πŸ˜—πŸ˜—
Posted by: Youngy, June 8, 2021, 9:24pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Madeleymariner
No first team football for a year not even on loan, lets hope he is properly fixed now.

He played in around 7 games from January this year.
Posted by: Sigone, June 9, 2021, 7:02pm; Reply: 11
Confirmed on a 1yr deal
Posted by: Yoda, June 9, 2021, 7:04pm; Reply: 12
Hardly inspiring.
Posted by: chipsandgravy, June 9, 2021, 7:12pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Yoda
Hardly inspiring.

Getting so predictable now!
Posted by: Chrisblor, June 9, 2021, 7:18pm; Reply: 14
Beating other clubs to signings seems to be a recurring thing with Hurst's recruitment so far, which is nice and refreshing compared to previous seasons.

Quoted from Civvy at last
My main concern is  not of how good he is,  it is if he will take the knee or not.
And if so, what should happen if he gets boo’d ?
Please discuss πŸ˜‰
πŸ˜— πŸ˜—πŸ˜—πŸ˜—

Bore off with this shite
Posted by: immariner, June 9, 2021, 7:27pm; Reply: 15
We pretty much have a defence we could start the season with in Sears, Pearson, Waterfall, Clifton. Not something we're used to this early in preseason. Any news on Khouri
Posted by: horsforthmariner, June 9, 2021, 7:28pm; Reply: 16
Jesus, even for the Fishy this is negative - I'm sure he'll be good. Full pre-season - manager who knows him well. It's not like I'd heard of Tait or Andrew before.
Posted by: Sigone, June 9, 2021, 7:28pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Yoda
Hardly inspiring.

Alas Phil Foden was at the hair dressers when Paul Hurst called
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, June 9, 2021, 7:29pm; Reply: 18
Looks a decent signing on the face of it can play in multiple positions, lots of potential, probably needs a run of games, will look forward to seeing how he gets on.

Have to say the transfer business looks good so far, can't  remember us signing so many up early on. Hopefully we see some movement out to get rid of the deadwood soon.
Posted by: moosey_club, June 9, 2021, 7:42pm; Reply: 19
Good to see more early business being done.
Interesting that in the few new player interviews that Hurst has made particular  reference to the hard working, team ethics that are part of the reasons for signing them.....
And slight barbed comments along the lines of  not everyone understanding that....trying to heap a bit more pressure on those he wants rid of I presume.

Posted by: Rodley Mariner, June 9, 2021, 7:44pm; Reply: 20
These must be players he has targeted to come in so early which can only be a good thing. Three of our biggest rivals next season haven't even finished their season yet so it's all good progress.
Posted by: lukeo, June 9, 2021, 7:51pm; Reply: 21
There should be a policy on the fishy, if someone gets a certain amount of red crosses they gett a 24 hour ban.. Atleast then we might get atleast a couple of threads in without people like that above commenting crap.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, June 9, 2021, 8:00pm; Reply: 22
Getting sinbinned like that would be a badge of honour in certain circumstances Luke.  8)
Posted by: Barrattstander, June 9, 2021, 8:06pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from immariner
We pretty much have a defence we could start the season with in Sears, Pearson, Waterfall, Clifton.

I doubt PH will be thinking that way.
Posted by: immariner, June 9, 2021, 8:34pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Barrattstander

I doubt PH will be thinking that way.

Well, yeah, I highly doubt Hurst would see that as our starting defence but that clearly wasn't the point I was making.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, June 9, 2021, 8:56pm; Reply: 25
Looks a decent addition to me and I would imagine a bit more mobile than Hendrie.
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, June 9, 2021, 9:27pm; Reply: 26
[youtube]OU5ePUyzAa8[/youtube]
Posted by: Heisenberg, June 9, 2021, 10:26pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
[youtube]OU5ePUyzAa8[/youtube]

He has a voice the likes of which I have never heard in football before, BUT the ONLY type of voice you hear rugby Union players have!

A toff. I like him, he’s different!
Posted by: jamesgtfc, June 9, 2021, 10:28pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Heisenberg

He has a voice the likes of which I have never heard in football before, BUT the ONLY type of voice you hear rugby Union players have!

Certainly a bit nervous in front of the camera but thinks about what he's saying. Giles Coke comes across very well too.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, June 9, 2021, 10:53pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Heisenberg

Hardly Jacob Rees-Mogg but there is a touch of the subaltern about him. The modern kind who drops his Hs and uses glottal stops.
Posted by: Kris2, June 9, 2021, 11:20pm; Reply: 30
Feels like a Danny Andrew situation, player who has had some injury issues so hasn't played much football recently being given a chance with a one-year deal. Makes sense for the club as if there are more issues we didn't over commit but he can be rewarded if he does perform with a longer contract. The only downside is he could go somewhere else if he does great for us but we'll worry about that when it comes to it, if we get promoted he might stay on regardless of interest elsewhere on the back of a good season.
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, June 10, 2021, 2:01am; Reply: 31
Radio Humberside vid.

[tweet]1402686934888194052[/tweet]
Posted by: GtfcGarner, June 10, 2021, 6:45am; Reply: 32
Echo the above comments, feel like injury halted his season but was a good choice for a League One team. The one year deal makes senasense, if he is crocked again this season we can let him go, however he could have a blinding season then go for nothing at the end. I would rather us win promotion and then have to worry about the latter afterwards.
Posted by: jimgtfc, June 10, 2021, 7:13am; Reply: 33
Welcome to Grimsby Town Ryan

Also, great to see the pitch looking much better in the background!
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, June 10, 2021, 8:02am; Reply: 34
Maybe we have an option after the year, they don't always state that
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), June 10, 2021, 8:08am; Reply: 35
Quoted from jimgtfc
Welcome to Grimsby Town Ryan

Also, great to see the pitch looking much better in the background!

I thought I saw a post a few days ago that intimated work hadn't started on BP pitch yet.  Please correct me if I am wrong.
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), June 10, 2021, 8:10am; Reply: 36
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
Maybe we have an option after the year, they don't always state that

Errr, if you look at the video in the 4th post above this one you will see that we DO have an option for another year on his contract.

Posted by: jimgtfc, June 10, 2021, 8:45am; Reply: 37
Quoted from 123614

I thought I saw a post a few days ago that intimated work hadn't started on BP pitch yet.  Please correct me if I am wrong.

I think some work has, the irrigation system for one, and they had that tractor doing tractor things on it πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ It looks better anyway
Posted by: Son of Cod, June 10, 2021, 9:56am; Reply: 38
Quoted from 123614

Pretty sure they had the diggers on the pitch on about day two or three of JS and AP coming in?
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, June 10, 2021, 10:05am; Reply: 39
Quoted from 123614

Errr, if you look at the video in the 4th post above this one you will see that we DO have an option for another year on his contract.

Didn't see that when I posted sorry, there we are that answers peoples questions about the one year term.
Posted by: BeijingMariner, June 10, 2021, 10:08am; Reply: 40
Quoted from jimgtfc

I think some work has, the irrigation system for one, and they had that tractor doing tractor things on it πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ It looks better anyway

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGFgY2c6JII[/url]
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), June 10, 2021, 11:39am; Reply: 41
Nice!!  On another completely different subject, it's really good to see all the professionally produced GTTV videos now.
Posted by: Hagrid, June 10, 2021, 11:58am; Reply: 42
reminds me of the signing of Dan Jones

Welcome Ryan
Posted by: Davec, June 10, 2021, 12:19pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from Hagrid
reminds me of the signing of Dan Jones

Welcome Ryan

Aslong as he doesn't play in Centre mid when we lose 5-1 at home to a team.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, June 10, 2021, 12:34pm; Reply: 44
I thought that the tractor was a key part of our new defence.  Also effective again agricultural tactics.
Posted by: lukeo, June 11, 2021, 7:39am; Reply: 45
#TractorGate
Posted by: smokey111, June 11, 2021, 7:46am; Reply: 46
Would imagine the groundsman misses the days when he was sent down to B and M with a tenner to get some weed and seed.
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 4:21am