Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: marinerdazza, May 18, 2021, 10:34am
Club advertising for a vacancy.

To include project management in relation to upgrading of current site buildings.

I may be slow on the uptake but presumably our previous incumbent furloughed and never re-employed?
Posted by: MarinerDevil, May 18, 2021, 10:42am; Reply: 1
Previously held by Nick Dale - https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/club/whos-who/

Good to see the old culture being dismantled.
Posted by: ska face, May 18, 2021, 10:56am; Reply: 2
A big first step in making BP more a welcoming experience.
Posted by: Hagrid, May 18, 2021, 10:58am; Reply: 3
good to see Nick Dale's gone
Posted by: SomeSanity, May 18, 2021, 11:08am; Reply: 4
Has he actually left though?

There’s no doubt ND is a controversial character but there is no confirmation he has moved on. Perhaps moved into a different position.

Either way huge positive the club is upping numbers off the field. Hopefully lightening the load for the current office staff.
Posted by: male private Nale, May 18, 2021, 11:29am; Reply: 5
He will definitely be gone, he had a total disconnect with the fans and his attitude flies in the face of what this new board believe in and are trying to achieve.

Lovely ole job.
Posted by: pizzzza, May 18, 2021, 11:42am; Reply: 6
The swamp is being drained.

Funny how all Fenty's hangers on are leaving now he is out the door eh?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 18, 2021, 12:04pm; Reply: 7
Wasn’t there some deal involving a private security company run by Dale? Something like we got a Stadium Manager on the cheap if we employed his security guards? I thought I read something like that on here at the time of Gategate.

I could be totally wrong. Can anyone get my facts right?
Posted by: ska face, May 18, 2021, 12:12pm; Reply: 8
Hoping that any new Stadium Manager takes a proactive approach to improving the atmosphere. Look at that section at Lincoln to the right of the Stacey West - all allowed to stand, drums, banners, hardly a steward in sight. Would never be allowed at BP previously.
Posted by: Fishy clapper, May 18, 2021, 12:32pm; Reply: 9
This board listen.

Fans survey actually doing some good
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, May 18, 2021, 12:35pm; Reply: 10
And introducing more than a 3 year ban for guilty racists
Posted by: Honestjhonsbankbalance, May 18, 2021, 12:57pm; Reply: 11
Nick the sharp object hopefully gone what an absolute tosser he was thought of himself above all fans 3 year bans for singing and showing abit of atmosphere
Posted by: grimps, May 18, 2021, 1:15pm; Reply: 12
He Never had a good word to say about our fans , his solution to anything seemed to be just take more seats out and have less fans .
The Coventry game did it for me when he said that he’d only give them 500 tickets as they’re likely to fill the away end , surely the first role of any ground safety manager is being able to manage a full stadium ?  
Posted by: forza ivano, May 18, 2021, 2:53pm; Reply: 13
just waiting for Pen Penfras and/or Filipe Noche to come on and tell us what a great asset to the club Dale was, and how 1878 are in danger of changing too much too soon, don't want to lose good people, there isn't that much around the club that needs changing, was in a safe pair of hands before etc etc etc
Posted by: Gaffer58, May 18, 2021, 3:42pm; Reply: 14
Probably got a new position at Fenty towers, doing a bit of gardening but mainly standing guard on the gate preventing them horrible Grimsby Town fans from getting near his lord and master.
Posted by: forza ivano, May 18, 2021, 4:07pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from ginnywings

Yes he has left from what I understand.

Been working at the ground liaising with him and he wasn't around yesterday.

George Holness on F.B. saying he was there this morning, someone else saying he'll be there until the new position is filled
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 18, 2021, 5:19pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from ginnywings

Yes he has left from what I understand.

Been working at the ground liaising with him and he wasn't around yesterday.

Isn’t it amazing how two people felt the need to red cross your simple statement.
Posted by: DB, May 18, 2021, 5:43pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Isn’t it amazing how two people felt the need to red cross your simple statement.

Weasels do have friends, don't know who, but I'm sure they do.
Posted by: aldi_01, May 18, 2021, 6:45pm; Reply: 18
What a cretin. The missus did some work worth the club for a school project, said he was a proper arrogant mammary trying to impress 9 year olds.

Dale does not fit the new image of the club the new guys want.

Someone mentioned the stewards and a business. I’m sure there was something to do with that, but of course honest John was whiter than white...
Posted by: toontown, May 18, 2021, 7:34pm; Reply: 19
Great to see the 1878 guys clearing out the deadwood ASAP.

I would bet most fans of lower league teams don't even know who their operations and safety manager is,so he certainly stands out for the wrong reasons.
Posted by: rancido, May 18, 2021, 7:39pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from DB

Weasels do have friends, don't know who, but I'm sure they do.

Yes, they are close friends with ferrets and stoats.
Posted by: moosey_club, May 18, 2021, 8:22pm; Reply: 21
Has he actually left.... There was a thread on here recently that he had got promoted ??
Posted by: Meza, May 18, 2021, 8:45pm; Reply: 22
Can we have new music when players come out onto the pitch.

Like I get knockdown but I get up again cos you'll never beat Grimsby Town 😁. Can't remember the band.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 18, 2021, 8:46pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Meza

Like I get knockdown but I get up again cos you'll never beat Grimsby Town 😁. Can't remember the band.

Chumbawumba
Posted by: Meza, May 18, 2021, 9:25pm; Reply: 24

Chumbawumba

That's the one lol
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 18, 2021, 9:41pm; Reply: 25

Chumbawumba

He was only asking.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 18, 2021, 10:42pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from arryarryarry

He was only asking.

😆
Posted by: EY Mariner, May 18, 2021, 11:43pm; Reply: 27
Assuming this does spell the end of Mr Dale's tenure, I can only say it's at least 22 months too late.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, May 19, 2021, 12:29am; Reply: 28
I could probably do a lot of the job specifications but over the years there has been many other aspects added to the job spec.
I was John Tuke's (remember him?) understudy for 3 seasons and was Chief Safety Officer for a small number of games, but sadly that was 20+years ago now and a lot of things have changed.
The latest incumbent just run it like he owned it
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), May 19, 2021, 8:48am; Reply: 29
Quoted from Meza

That's a terrific song to run out to!

Posted by: BeijingMariner, May 19, 2021, 9:13am; Reply: 30
Quoted from arryarryarry

He was only asking.

Noice. True story; Chumbawumba supported my band Product of Reason at Scunthorpe Baths, March 24th 1984.

[url]https://terminusest1983.weebly.com/a-brief-history-of-scunthorpe-area-bands-1.html[/url]

[url]https://www.facebook.com/richard.todd.58367/posts/376127150577350[/url]
Posted by: Manchester Mariner, May 19, 2021, 10:34am; Reply: 31
Nick Dale was mentioned in the Trust email sent out yesterday, saying he was looking into the bar licence for the fanzone so it appears he is still "in the building'.
Posted by: Son of Cod, May 19, 2021, 10:41am; Reply: 32
Quoted from Meza

It's a good one to have on at full time if we're in a promotion race the year after going down. Used to do that a lot in 97/98 if I remember correctly.
Posted by: HistonMariner, May 19, 2021, 11:03am; Reply: 33
Orphan Boy - Black & White(For You)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKW4iNhbyXw

Local, rousing and great memories.
Posted by: Townforlife, May 19, 2021, 11:13am; Reply: 34
Call me an old f@rt but can't they recorded singing Mariners or Fish and play it on the PA to get us singing rather than some cheesy music?  ;)
Posted by: DB, May 19, 2021, 1:20pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from Townforlife
Call me an old f@rt but can't they recorded singing Mariners or Fish and play it on the PA to get us singing rather than some cheesy music?  ;)

You're an old f@rt. ;)

Posted by: Northbank Mariner, May 19, 2021, 1:20pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from HistonMariner
Orphan Boy - Black & White(For You)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKW4iNhbyXw

Local, rousing and great memories.

Absolutely agree with this, should be the song blurting out as the mighty black n whites enter into the pitch for kick off. ..although we need a new PA system first, rather than speakers putting out noises like they're coming from the bottom of the Humber!!
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 19, 2021, 3:04pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from Manchester Mariner
Nick Dale was mentioned in the Trust email sent out yesterday, saying he was looking into the bar licence for the fanzone so it appears he is still "in the building'.

He may still be in the building but I understand he is on his way.
Posted by: LH, May 19, 2021, 3:16pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from Manchester Mariner

I sort of assumed that he is to remain until he is replaced for regulatory/legal reasons. I might be wrong on this but it is the sort of job that needs someone in post all the time.
Posted by: Civvy at last, May 19, 2021, 7:15pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from LH

I sort of assumed that he is to remain until he is replaced for regulatory/legal reasons. I might be wrong on this but it is the sort of job that needs someone in post all the time.

I fear you are right.
Even if they are totally inept  :-/
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 2:20am