Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 15, 2021, 10:55am

Oh how we could do with a repeat next season....

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2021/may/-matchday-rewind---the-2016-national-league-promotion-final/
Posted by: aldi_01, May 15, 2021, 10:59am; Reply: 1
This was the greatest day of my life. For so many reasons. I never ever wanted to be in the position that a game like this would be needed again...

It feels somewhat tainted now, tainted by the incomprehensible a man who actually couldn’t care less.

It will still be my greatest day but it just seems to have lost a shine a tad...
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 15, 2021, 11:03am; Reply: 2
So just think Aldi. Without John you wouldn’t have had the greatest day of your life.
Posted by: sutton mariner, May 15, 2021, 11:36am; Reply: 3
Made me cry again on the carzi this morning. Nice one.
Posted by: aldi_01, May 15, 2021, 11:53am; Reply: 4
Quoted from sutton mariner
Made me cry again on the carzi this morning. Nice one.

Post male masturbation guilt again?
Posted by: buckstown, May 15, 2021, 1:02pm; Reply: 5
We'd booked a holiday in Spain, so the return flight left Madrid at 3pm UK time and landed about 5 minutes from full time.
My phone exploded with texts from my grandson telling me the score but not who was winning!
Watched the whole thing when we got home
Posted by: Grimsbynewhope, May 15, 2021, 1:52pm; Reply: 6
What a day, drove to Wembley with my sons and daughter in law for the game. The atmosphere before and during the game was brilliant, but the relief when that third goal went in was unbelievable.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, May 15, 2021, 2:07pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from aldi_01

It's not just me that has that then?.......
Posted by: the driver, May 15, 2021, 3:27pm; Reply: 8
What a brilliant day it was my second greatest day at Wembley the first was in 1966 need I say what match
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 15, 2021, 4:17pm; Reply: 9

It's not just me that has that then?.......

What’s the problem with masturbation? It’s sex with someone you love.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 15, 2021, 4:38pm; Reply: 10
When Nolan was carrying the ball forward in the final seconds I was just shouting “the corner the corner run it into the corner” 10 seconds or so later when Nathan belted in the 3rd the feeling was unbelievable, up there with the Jevon’s and Burnett goals but considering what we’d endured it probably meant more. I’m not afraid to say I shed the odd tear or two.

Where are we now? Starting all over again...... “we’re on our way we’re on our way”....... at some point anyway.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 15, 2021, 4:49pm; Reply: 11
For me it never compared to the joy I felt in 98. It was more a sense of relief. If I shed a manly tear it was from the strain, not tears of joy. Thatcunt Fenty has put us back there again.
Posted by: Posh Harry, May 15, 2021, 6:26pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from aldi_01

If you have guilt then you are not married, or haven’t been for long.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, May 15, 2021, 7:48pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Posh Harry

If you have guilt then you are not married, or haven’t been for long.

My guilt is primarily that I get the wife's sister to do it for me. Grip like a tyre fitter.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 15, 2021, 8:02pm; Reply: 14

My guilt is primarily that I get the wife's sister to do it for me. Grip like a tyre fitter.

Got a lot of experience having your wrench pulled by tyrefitters? 😆
Posted by: BlackandWhiteBarmy2, May 15, 2021, 8:25pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Everybody knows you can't get better than a Kwikfit fitter  :P
Posted by: Cambs Mariner, May 15, 2021, 9:51pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from KingstonMariner

He has 12 months experience.
It was a Good Year
Posted by: Bignic69, May 16, 2021, 1:44am; Reply: 17
It had been my mums 60th birthday party the night before and i had the worst hangover travelling down to London, I literally nursed a can of carling from Grimsby until parking up at Wembley, it was pi$$ warm when we got there.
I managed to get a couple of pints down me before the game and when Omar notched his second towards the end of the first half, I just went to bits, crying like a baby in the concourse lol.
Posted by: aldi_01, May 16, 2021, 6:50am; Reply: 18
Quoted from Bignic69
It had been my mums 60th birthday party the night before and i had the worst hangover travelling down to London, I literally nursed a can of carling from Grimsby until parking up at Wembley, it was pi$$ warm when we got there.
I managed to get a couple of pints down me before the game and when Omar notched his second towards the end of the first half, I just went to bits, crying like a baby in the concourse lol.

I wasn’t hungover or cried but I was found by my old man being sick...not sure if it was excitement, nerves or acruslly something wrong with me...some kind soul saw me with sick on my shoe, talking to me old man and offered me several swigs of his £8 beer...
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 5:11am