Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, May 14, 2021, 7:49am
Awwww diddums

Please don't laugh too loudly.

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/scunthorpe-united-retained-list-players-5412359
Posted by: Zero_as_a_limit, May 14, 2021, 8:07am; Reply: 1
Is Dan Gallimore related to Tony?
I wonder where Van Veen will end up.
Posted by: quebec38, May 14, 2021, 8:25am; Reply: 2
I don’t know too much about their finances but I wouldn’t mind being in their position having stopped up and wiping the slate clean regarding the playing staff. People in glass houses and all that.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, May 14, 2021, 8:27am; Reply: 3
They are a league above us
They last beat us 3-0

Lets not try laugh at Scunny for the time being
Posted by: brigg_mariner, May 14, 2021, 8:39am; Reply: 4

I would rather be a football league team, like them.

Unfortunately, we are once again looking up at our rivals with no real reason to gloat.
Posted by: acko338, May 14, 2021, 8:44am; Reply: 5
Obvious question to ask - Will any of these be rated by Hurst from his previous work there and also be affordable to sign ?

If any are settled in this area, it could be financially beneficial for them not to move locations with all of the costs and upheavals involved.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 14, 2021, 9:05am; Reply: 6
Suspect the nearest they live is Sheffield. It’s commutable and why would you live in Scunthorpe?
Posted by: pizzzza, May 14, 2021, 9:21am; Reply: 7
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Suspect the nearest they live is Sheffield. It’s commutable and why would you live in Scunthorpe?

Judging by the picture in that article it doesn't look like Van Veen lives anywhere...
[img]https://i2-prod.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/article5412360.ece/ALTERNATES/s810/0_irontrio.jpg[/img]

At least they still have Lewis Spence under contract...
[img]https://i2-prod.leicestermercury.co.uk/incoming/article3338502.ece/ALTERNATES/s810/0_Louie-Spence-The-Producers.jpg[/img]
Posted by: cannylad68, May 14, 2021, 9:45am; Reply: 8
I take no satisfaction criticising Scunthorpe United or any other Lincolnshire football club.

I always hope that there will be 4 Lincolnshire clubs back in the Football League one day.
Posted by: Youngy, May 14, 2021, 10:07am; Reply: 9
Quoted from Zero_as_a_limit
Is Dan Gallimore related to Tony?
I wonder where Van Veen will end up.

I believe its his son
Posted by: MuddyWaters, May 14, 2021, 10:14am; Reply: 10
Abo Eisa would be a useful addition. Certainly got a goal in him.
Posted by: diehardmariner, May 14, 2021, 10:28am; Reply: 11
Taken away the wage constraints that they're now under, the opportunity to wipe the slate clean probably isn't the worst thing to happen to them.  Few names on the list that you would presume are amongst the higher earners too.

In the greater scheme of things, it doesn't look great all for them.  But clearing the decks of a squad that finished as low as they did and in such poor form probably isn't the worst thing at all.

Van Veen won't have been on a cheap contract and with his injury record over the last few years I imagine Scunny offered him a massively reduced contract.
Posted by: Caveman, May 14, 2021, 10:30am; Reply: 12
Quoted from Youngy

I believe its his son

He is Tony's lad and one we missed out on.
Posted by: Garth, May 14, 2021, 10:40am; Reply: 13
They should be laughing at us, we are the non league club floundering at the bottom end of nowhere.
All they are doing is cutting their cloth to suit
Posted by: wiggers, May 14, 2021, 10:43am; Reply: 14
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Abo Eisa would be a useful addition. Certainly got a goal in him.

Hurst signed him for both Shrewsbury and the Scunts.......
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 14, 2021, 10:48am; Reply: 15

So, they are getting rid of most of a squad that finished one place above us?

I was hoping that was what we were going to do.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, May 14, 2021, 10:53am; Reply: 16
CDAJATL
Posted by: VinnyGTFC, May 14, 2021, 11:00am; Reply: 17
Quoted from Caveman

He is Tony's lad and one we missed out on.

We may not have missed out on him, he could make it or could be at Barton Town this time next year.
Posted by: rancido, May 14, 2021, 12:16pm; Reply: 18
What has surprised me is the lack of gloating on here either from the Ferrous Fingered Fornicators down the road or the Inbred Imps! The last time we went non-league they totally inundated The Fishy with their crowing.
Posted by: Mayaman, May 14, 2021, 12:46pm; Reply: 19
That's been one of our problems as a club.  Too busy focusing on other teams rather than working on ourselves.
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 6:00am