Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: IrishMariner, May 10, 2021, 7:55pm
https://twitter.com/_julienlamy_/status/1391826971504619522?s=21

Looks to be the first “victim” of the mass exodus.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, May 10, 2021, 7:57pm; Reply: 1
Either he's been let go or decided he fancies his chances getting another league club...
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, May 10, 2021, 7:58pm; Reply: 2
One down.

Another 30 still to go
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 10, 2021, 8:08pm; Reply: 3
Apart from a few moments, not good enough.
Posted by: fishboyUTM, May 10, 2021, 8:10pm; Reply: 4
Hasn't shown enough. Not helped by not really fitting into our chosen formations perhaps.
Posted by: Abdul19, May 10, 2021, 8:20pm; Reply: 5
Lamy to the slaughter
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, May 10, 2021, 8:31pm; Reply: 6
Mint Sauce!!
Posted by: GollyGTFC, May 10, 2021, 8:36pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from fishboyUTM
Hasn't shown enough. Not helped by not really fitting into our chosen formations perhaps.

Or players like him are the reason Hurst had to choose the formation perhaps?
Posted by: ginnywings, May 10, 2021, 8:39pm; Reply: 8
Au revoir!
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, May 10, 2021, 8:41pm; Reply: 9
Already put a showreel up on twitter...the kids not hanging about..
https://twitter.com/_julienlamy_/status/1391832787175583746?s=19
Posted by: Teesknees, May 10, 2021, 8:49pm; Reply: 10
Lamb chopped!
Posted by: Stew0_0, May 10, 2021, 9:14pm; Reply: 11
Wouldnt be surprised if we end up playing against next season. Never showed his full potential or had many chances but we need better
Posted by: moosey_club, May 10, 2021, 10:18pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Stew0_0
Wouldnt be surprised if we end up playing against next season. Never showed his full potential or had many chances but we need better

Tricky lad , just didnt fit in with Hursts idea of a winger.....which tends to be defend first and attack much later.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 10, 2021, 10:26pm; Reply: 13
Was he a Town player? I’ve lost track. Time to block off the revolving door.
Posted by: forza ivano, May 10, 2021, 10:28pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from moosey_club

Tricky lad , just didnt fit in with Hursts idea of a winger.....which tends to be defend first and attack much later.

he started off quite well - i was pleasantly surprised by the amount of tracking back he did, but it didn't last, not helped by playing on the wrong side, in order to try and get some balance on the left hand side. He was then given a couple of chances on his favoured right, but had a couple of shockers.
not surprised.Will probably end up at somewhere like Boston or Kings Lynn, whilst we will sign someone far more effective
Posted by: toontown, May 10, 2021, 10:34pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Either he's been let go or decided he fancies his chances getting another league club...

I'd be amazer if it is not us letting him go, couldn't nail down  a starting spot even in this dreadful squad,Hurst was always going to want better for next season...
Posted by: Poojah, May 11, 2021, 12:18am; Reply: 16
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Already put a showreel up on twitter...the kids not hanging about..
https://twitter.com/_julienlamy_/status/1391832787175583746?s=19

The kid’s 21 and fighting for his career - can’t blame him for trying. He looked good in spells, particularly Carlisle away, anonymous in others.

Certainly not in the top 20 worst players to have played for us this season. The fact that still leaves it open to debate whether he makes it into the best 20 players this season says a lot about the year we’ve had.
Posted by: diehardmariner, May 11, 2021, 9:07am; Reply: 17
No surprise he's gone, nor am I disappointed.  Hoped he would produce more than he did but ultimately he's what you expect from shopping in the bargain basement in January.  The lad hadn't a club for ages and there's probably a reason for that.  

Maybe a slight victim of circumstance here, as has been said largely played on the wrong side and then often with another right-footer in Clifton down that side.  In a struggling and poor side, that can't be easy.

The change in formation...Morais, Lamy, Williams, Jackson....they all only showed fleeting glimpses with limited protection of the full-backs.  It's no wonder Hurst went to wingbacks.  
Posted by: Hagrid, May 11, 2021, 9:17am; Reply: 18
thanks for the efforts
Posted by: Son of Cod, May 11, 2021, 9:21am; Reply: 19
Quoted from Poojah

The kid’s 21 and fighting for his career - can’t blame him for trying. He looked good in spells, particularly Carlisle away, anonymous in others.

Certainly not in the top 20 worst players to have played for us this season. The fact that still leaves it open to debate whether he makes it into the best 20 players this season says a lot about the year we’ve had.

Yep, definitely nowhere near the main offenders. Carlisle away was the best I remember him too. I thought he looked decent coming off the bench generally. Had a good level of aggression. Looking forward to him terrorrising us at Borehamwood or Bromley next season.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, May 11, 2021, 10:07am; Reply: 20
Quoted from forza ivano

he started off quite well - i was pleasantly surprised by the amount of tracking back he did, but it didn't last, not helped by playing on the wrong side, in order to try and get some balance on the left hand side. He was then given a couple of chances on his favoured right, but had a couple of shockers.
not surprised.Will probably end up at somewhere like Boston or Kings Lynn, whilst we will sign someone far more effective

"Julien Lamy scores hat trick as Kings Lynn hammer Grimsby Town 5-0 to guarantee their first promotion to EFL"
Posted by: Croxton, May 11, 2021, 10:20am; Reply: 21
Thought he had promise. Competed well for second balls, ran at defences and not afraid to whip a cross in early. Finishing needed more composure but not given enough chances on his favoured right side. In a similar bracket to Jackson in not having the chance of a regular start in a settled team especially given the indulgence afforded Payne and Green.
With a proper preseason, either Lamy or Jackson may have thrived in the NL...... unless  Hurst is already working on persuading Abo Eisa to join Town?

Posted by: TonySmith, May 11, 2021, 2:45pm; Reply: 22
Paul Hurst knows what he wants and he sees the whole picture, but just from what I've seen I thought Lamy looked quite useful and was disappointed that he wasn't given more opportunities. His pinpoint cross onto Lenny's head for what should have been a winning goal at Carlisle showed some quality, I think. It might have been interesting to see what he could bring next season.
Print page generated: May 8, 2024, 10:19pm