Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Hurstomariner, May 10, 2021, 4:14pm
Any comments ?? Interest on Twitter
Posted by: Hagrid, May 10, 2021, 4:15pm; Reply: 1
a made up account on twitter

nothing in it, ignore them mate honestly, they pop up all the time spouting nonsense
Posted by: Madeleymariner, May 10, 2021, 4:18pm; Reply: 2
Nooooo way past his best less mobile than Hanson and just as injury prone
Posted by: denni266, May 10, 2021, 4:19pm; Reply: 3
We dont want has beens  wnd of
Posted by: Hagrid, May 10, 2021, 4:25pm; Reply: 4
he's also a total buffoon

The opposite of what PH would want
Posted by: Meza, May 10, 2021, 5:51pm; Reply: 5
we have Lenny to do that role.
Posted by: Croxton, May 10, 2021, 6:06pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Meza
we have Lenny to do that role.

Not keen on Pope but he has much more nous at set pieces and his record of goals and assists is far superior to Shop. FWIW Shop is so one paced that he is easy to mark. Pace and mobility are vital if we are to create more chances. Even then, Shop's finishing is erratic. Squad player at most.
Posted by: kamakazebear, May 10, 2021, 6:22pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Hagrid
he's also a total buffoon

The opposite of what PH would want

Normally I'd agree but then I remembered Richard Brodie.

We'll put that one down as a Rob Scott decision though.
Posted by: fishboyUTM, May 10, 2021, 7:29pm; Reply: 8
Let's look to sign up and coming players. Pope is around 35 years old, I liked him as a player and as a bloke, has an edge to him but the goals have dried up. It's retirement time for Tom.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, May 10, 2021, 8:13pm; Reply: 9
Let’s just leave it to the new management team. I hope they all know more than us!
Posted by: ska face, May 10, 2021, 8:47pm; Reply: 10
Any rumour on here that originated from EFL HUB on Twitter should be put in big red letters so we can avoid it, otherwise we’ll all have brain rot by July.
Posted by: TAGG, May 10, 2021, 9:20pm; Reply: 11
We should have pushed the boat out to get him when we came back into the league but not now.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, May 10, 2021, 9:32pm; Reply: 12
There’s several useful players released by Port Vale. If that’s the level that’s available, I’m sure PH will have plenty to choose from.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, May 11, 2021, 8:25am; Reply: 13
Signing an 'older player' normally tend to go wrong
Beagrie for example.

But on the other hand, look at what Hoolahan has done for Cambridge

Btw, i'm fully against the thought of this signing
Posted by: golfer, May 11, 2021, 8:36am; Reply: 14
Quoted from MuddyWaters
There’s several useful players released by Port Vale. If that’s the level that’s available, I’m sure PH will have plenty to choose from.

When will OUR retained list be announced
Posted by: Hagrid, May 11, 2021, 8:37am; Reply: 15
Quoted from golfer

When will OUR retained list be announced

today
Posted by: AdamHaddock, May 11, 2021, 10:40am; Reply: 16
Hopefully a brief list
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 11, 2021, 12:50pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Signing an 'older player' normally tend to go wrong
Beagrie for example.

But on the other hand, look at what Hoolahan has done for Cambridge

Btw, i'm fully against the thought of this signing

Like it did with Paul Futcher and Garry Birtles you mean?  ;)
Posted by: RonMariner, May 11, 2021, 2:16pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Les Brechin

Like it did with Paul Futcher and Garry Birtles you mean?  ;)

Wymark Tees and Bonetti weren’t bad either!
Posted by: trickeymickey, May 11, 2021, 2:35pm; Reply: 19
You lads dont need Pope. he got laid off at my team (Crewe) because of his behaviour.  We have had several bouts of young men with a good wage indulging themselves and being moved on.  Michael O Connor at Scunthorpe another example.  I keep an eye on The Vale because I have family who follow them.  He has calmed down a bit in later life but is always in trouble for foolish media posts and has been disciplined twice recently.  He has become a sort of hero but is simply now yesterdays man.
It will take time but you need to recruit youngsters and be patient for them to develop.  This will also help you to stay inside the pay ceiling rules.  Not a problem The Alex ever have to worry about.
Anyway, my sympathies are with you and I hope you get back soon.
I cant thank you enough for  taking Jimmy Mcguigan off us all those years ago.  I was smiling from ear to ear,
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, May 11, 2021, 2:55pm; Reply: 20
We get fixated don’t we, like we did on player managers years back. Allenby Chilton came from ManU and took us to promotion so when we were next desperate we went to Busby for advice and got Bobby Kennedy. He was a good player and started to build a decent team but was sacked when results didn’t go his way. The less said about Lyons the better but Chris Nichol was a great signing as player and assistant. So some good, some bad.

As people have said about Futcher, Whymark and Birtles, we have struck lucky sometimes with players the wrong side of 30. Sometimes not. I don’t think age is a barrier if the bloke has character and a football brain to compensate. Perhaps Coke is one such player if he gets and stays fit and, like Futcher, is not asked to be an Olympic sprinter. Fishy posters have often said we need someone in charge on the field, an old head amongst youngsters.
Posted by: DB, May 11, 2021, 3:01pm; Reply: 21
We get fixated don’t we, like we did on player managers years back. Allenby Chilton came from ManU and took us to promotion so when we were next desperate we went to Busby for advice and got Bobby Kennedy. He was a good player and started to build a decent team but was sacked when results didn’t go his way. The less said about Lyons the better but Chris Nichol was a great signing as player and assistant. So some good, some bad.

As people have said about Futcher, Whymark and Birtles, we have struck lucky sometimes with players the wrong side of 30. Sometimes not. I don’t think age is a barrier if the bloke has character and a football brain to compensate. Perhaps Coke is one such player if he gets and stays fit and, like Futcher, is not asked to be an Olympic sprinter. Fishy posters have often said we need someone in charge on the field, an old head amongst youngsters.

I agree with you about Coke, certainly one for the future and present. Even on his bad days, he is better than some squad players on their good days!

Posted by: acko338, May 11, 2021, 3:12pm; Reply: 22
We've had plenty of fast young sprinters who cannot deliver an end pass, cross or through ball, so a wise head not panicking with accurate passing and some younger runners around would not go amiss.

Another Metate like player alongside a wise head would be exciting to see.
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 11, 2021, 3:17pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from acko338
We've had plenty of fast young sprinters who cannot deliver an end pass, cross or through ball, so a wise head not panicking with accurate passing and some younger runners around would not go amiss.

Another Metate like player alongside a wise head would be exciting to see.

What's Paul Emson up to these days?  ;D
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, May 11, 2021, 3:54pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Les Brechin

What's Paul Emson up to these days?  ;D

Last seen still running ..............  up the left lane of the M180 looking for someone to cross to. :)

Print page generated: May 1, 2024, 11:46am