Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Marinerdeano, May 8, 2021, 9:06pm
If we had won at Scunny they would be down and we would have stayed up. Fine margins but I'd rather be us next season than them.
Posted by: marinerjase, May 8, 2021, 9:11pm; Reply: 1
Every club could say the same..

Quite simply there at no ifs, buts or maybe’s..
Posted by: bawarmy, May 8, 2021, 9:52pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Marinerdeano
If we had won at Scunny they would be down and we would have stayed up. Fine margins but I'd rather be us next season than them.

I thought that earlier. It’s a shame but amazingly I’d rather be us in the league below than them.
Posted by: moosey_club, May 8, 2021, 10:57pm; Reply: 3
Too many ifs and buts in this season...the one constant is that at every turn we failed.

Deserve to go down and weirdly glad that the final act of the Fenty era is another low point and relegation. Anything other would have given him wriggle room to argue his own greatness in the future. Now there is no doubt whatsoever.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, May 9, 2021, 11:20am; Reply: 4
Quoted from moosey_club
Too many ifs and buts in this season...the one constant is that at every turn we failed.

Deserve to go down and weirdly glad that the final act of the Fenty era is another low point and relegation. Anything other would have given him wriggle room to argue his own greatness in the future. Now there is no doubt whatsoever.

It certainly under lines the fenty era was a complete failure
Posted by: Abdul19, May 9, 2021, 12:33pm; Reply: 5
In a way it's a fine margin, except that they smashed us 3-0
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, May 9, 2021, 1:43pm; Reply: 6
LJL miss from 2 yards v Colchester was season defining
Posted by: Yoda, May 9, 2021, 3:11pm; Reply: 7
Stevenage last minute winner after we just equalised killed us
i knew we where down then.
Also Carlisle last minute again did us.
Posted by: ginnywings, May 9, 2021, 4:44pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Yoda
Stevenage last minute winner after we just equalised killed us
i knew we where down then.
Also Carlisle last minute again did us.

And the Salford equaliser, which should have been disallowed. We didn't get the rub of the green with refereeing decisions. Matete getting sent off at Exeter when we were winning was another.

That unbeaten run of draws did for us. Before yesterday, we had won 3 of the previous 5 games and ended the season in 13th place in the form guide, but it was too late.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 10, 2021, 5:48pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
LJL miss from 2 yards v Colchester was season defining

I saw Jarrod Bowen miss a similar chance yesterday for West Ham.... a proven finisher and he screwed it up when you'd have expected to see the ball hit the back of the net

The ball came to him at an awkward height right in front of the goal and while I know the old cliché is it should be easier to score than to miss,  these things do happen though

I don't hold that one missed opportunity against the Shop at all... I'm happier he scored four valuable goals for us that at least meant we had a little bit of hope as the season came to an end
Posted by: Meza, May 10, 2021, 6:02pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

I saw Jarrod Bowen miss a similar chance yesterday for West Ham.... a proven finisher and he screwed it up when you'd have expected to see the ball hit the back of the net

The ball came to him at an awkward height right in front of the goal and while I know the old cliché is it should be easier to score than to miss,  these things do happen though

I don't hold that one missed opportunity against the Shop at all... I'm happier he scored four valuable goals for us that at least meant we had a little bit of hope as the season came to an end

Yeah i saw it on MOTD but i'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt, as the ball towards him actually took a deflection and he didn't have enough time to adjust his feet to get a proper connection.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, May 10, 2021, 6:09pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Marinerdeano

But we didn't.
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 9:56pm