Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: jaygy, May 7, 2021, 12:56pm
https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2021/may/gtfc-fan-survey-launched/

Just completed mine, some great questions in there
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 7, 2021, 1:51pm; Reply: 1
Just done mine, I went for Harry Haddock over Pettit's Sausage of course.  
Posted by: MuddyWaters, May 7, 2021, 2:50pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Just done mine, I went for Harry Haddock over Pettit's Sausage of course.  

Original recipe Pettit's sausages in a bap at half time smothered in HP please!!
Posted by: RonMariner, May 7, 2021, 3:15pm; Reply: 3
Yes, Harry the Haddock for me!
Posted by: DB, May 7, 2021, 3:56pm; Reply: 4
Done mine, fill it in tell them what you want. If you don't how the hell do you expect them to know what you want?
Posted by: Oly1987, May 7, 2021, 3:57pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Original recipe Pettit's sausages in a bap at half time smothered in HP please!!

Dang never even though of that, did suggest a small matchday portion of fish and chips to be available to buy though
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 7, 2021, 4:00pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from MuddyWaters

That's a damn good call though.....
Posted by: fishyfanny, May 7, 2021, 4:22pm; Reply: 7
All done.

A very well constructed survey. Please take the time to complete it everyone.

Good luck Jason and Andrew.

UTM
Posted by: Tangerine Chris, May 7, 2021, 4:23pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Oly1987

Dang never even though of that, did suggest a small matchday portion of fish and chips to be available to buy though

So did I, with option of fish fingers for kids
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, May 7, 2021, 4:40pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Tangerine Chris
......with option of fish fingers for kids

Arent adults allowed fish finger butties as well? Disgraceful behaviour by the owners.

Stockwood and Pettit out!

Posted by: Fillipe Noche, May 7, 2021, 4:41pm; Reply: 10
Completed the survey.

Harry the Haddock all day long for me.

Fish n Chips over the Pettit sausage for me, as I can’t honestly say I’ve eaten a Pettit sausage. But then why not go for both.

Great to see lots of questions about engagement with the community, and I think that’s vital to improving attendances and spirit in the town.

Also interested to see the ladies team question in there. I’ve never been to watch them play. Are they really any good and worth a look?

I’ve got a really great feeling about these new owners, and I hope it ends up being more fruitful than when I last got a good feeling about the club, when Holloway arrived. I am sure it will be.
Posted by: Perkins, May 7, 2021, 5:01pm; Reply: 11
Done, a good survey.
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, May 7, 2021, 5:34pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
Completed the survey.

Fish n Chips over the Pettit sausage for me, as I can’t honestly say I’ve eaten a Pettit sausage. But then why not go for both.

Great to see lots of questions about engagement with the community, and I think that’s vital to improving attendances and spirit in the town.

Also interested to see the ladies team question in there. I’ve never been to watch them play. Are they really any good and worth a look?

I’ve got a really great feeling about these new owners, and I hope it ends up being more fruitful than when I last got a good feeling about the club, when Holloway arrived. I am sure it will be.

I'm not sure about this. Are we confident that the quality of Haddock and Chips (with mushy peas for me) can be maintained from the food outlets that could be accommodated in any Blundell Park fan zone. GTFC cannot be seen to be associated with second-rate Haddock. Whereas locally produced Lincolnshire sausage is easy - grill and keep warm - serve with onion and a wholemeal bap - a fine pre-match snack to go with a pint of Batemans...(I would prefer properly poured Dublin Guinness in a glass but clearly not going to happen in any Blundell Park Fan Zone)

Posted by: Fillipe Noche, May 7, 2021, 5:40pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

I'm not sure about this. Are we confident that the quality of Haddock and Chips (with mushy peas for me) can be maintained from the food outlets that could be accommodated in any Blundell Park fan zone. GTFC cannot be seen to be associated with second-rate Haddock. Whereas locally produced Lincolnshire sausage is easy - grill and keep warm - serve with onion and a wholemeal bap - a fine pre-match snack to go with a pint of Batemans...(I would prefer properly poured Dublin Guinness in a glass but clearly not going to happen in any Blundell Park Fan Zone)

You are making me hungry 😋
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 7, 2021, 5:44pm; Reply: 14
I object strongly to seeing Pettit’s Inflatable Sausage! I know it’s 2021 but that’s a step too far.
Posted by: lukeo, May 7, 2021, 6:07pm; Reply: 15
Filled in during my lunch break earlier. Enjoyed answering alot of it although at times it was difficult as I wasn't sure whether to answer it 'pre take over'
Overall another fantastic idea and I'm massively falling back in love with our club ♥
Posted by: jamesgtfc, May 7, 2021, 6:21pm; Reply: 16
Great to see some engagement and people willing to learn what we want as fans. Whether they act on our ideas or not, at least we feel valued at long last.

Not completed it yet but I would like to see the relationship with the media being much less strained than in recent years. I appreciate that is a two way street though...
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 7, 2021, 7:39pm; Reply: 17

Got to question 21 and it wouldn't go any further when I clicked on Next  :-/
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 7, 2021, 7:51pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from promotion plaice

Got to question 21 and it wouldn't go any further when I clicked on Next  :-/

Happened a couple of times to me when I didn’t answer questions that were either something I didn’t have an answer for or didn’t have a N/A option on the how do you want to pay for your season ticket.
Posted by: forza ivano, May 7, 2021, 8:08pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
Completed the survey.

Funny how Filipe has changed his tune since Phillip somehow managed to retain his place on the board

just saying...... ;)
Posted by: pizzzza, May 7, 2021, 8:34pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from forza ivano

Funny how Filipe has changed his tune since Phillip somehow managed to retain his place on the board

just saying...... ;)

Has anyone ever seen Filipe and Phillip in the same room?
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, May 7, 2021, 9:19pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from pizzzza

Has anyone ever seen Filipe and Phillip in the same room?

Does anyone want to?
Posted by: dicko995, May 7, 2021, 10:11pm; Reply: 22
They should of added a 3rd one, Fenty the Fillet
Posted by: ginnywings, May 7, 2021, 11:59pm; Reply: 23
But didn't JF explain to us why it was not feasible to have fish and chips on the menu at the ground, despite them being available for the corporate lot in the Upper? Another example of the regular fans being short changed because they couldn't be arsed to sort it.

Not sure what the food stalls are going to be selling in the fan zone as yet but you can bet it will be better than the crap on offer at the moment, Think there is going to be "street food" of various types.

I do know the bar will be run by Docks Beers in the fan zone.
Posted by: Posh Harry, May 8, 2021, 6:55am; Reply: 24
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

You had me until you mentioned wholemeal bap. If your gonna treat yourself then I wouldn’t be going for wholemeal!!

Might be healthier but the fatty sausage and fried onions would suggest health isn’t top of the agenda 🙂

UTFM
Posted by: barrattstandman, May 8, 2021, 8:46am; Reply: 25
We won't pack the park cos we love the owners . Only a winning team will do that  after the initial euphoria  dies down .
Posted by: DocDock, May 8, 2021, 9:11am; Reply: 26
Completed the survey last night, definitely spent a fair amount of time on it, especially with some of the answers.

If we are as expected going to stay at Blundell Park for the foreseeable future, then the matchday experience definitely needs improving and i’m pleased to see the board addressing this. It’s just some of the minor things that’d make it so much more enjoyable to go watch a game. Why can’t we have food that’s comparable to the food at say Kidderminster? Why can’t we have decent alcohol and drinks options? Docks Beers are clearly up for some sort of deal with the club. Again Docks beers does this well with the food options having had different food options over time, I’m sure local food companies would be happy to strike up a deal. The other more basic facilities such as the toilets definitely need improving. The PA is another that needs improving too.

I’m not wanting or expecting improvements to the stadium or capacity, this would be an unnecessary cost, but the other things I’ve mentioned are areas that could be fairly easily altered in my opinion.
Posted by: ginnywings, May 8, 2021, 9:16am; Reply: 27
Quoted from barrattstandman
We won't pack the park cos we love the owners . Only a winning team will do that  after the initial euphoria  dies down .

I think that remains to be seen. Season ticket prices and what players we sign will have a bearing.

I also know of 2 or 3 lapsed fans who will be returning and suspect there are many more, but ultimately, we need to get winning games regularly and it would help if we had a decent cup run.
Posted by: buckstown, May 8, 2021, 9:47am; Reply: 28
I actually mentioned Kidderminster in my survey. My brother in law and I used to meet for midland games occasionally and we picked Kiddy purely on the reputation for food. (we weren't disappointed)
I want GTFC to use it's position as a professional sports team to help less fortunate people enhance their health and wellbeing. Get into schools and start early.
First thing on the list is good entertaining football, because as others have said the matchday experience will soon lose its attraction if the team are pants
Posted by: perthgeoff, May 8, 2021, 11:04am; Reply: 29
Some fantastic ideas posted on this forum. There are many comments regarding encouraging children to be involved which should be high on the list.  Get them interested and the club will have a fan for life, I know as I became a fan in 1941 when the Mariners played their games in Scunthorpe and am still a fervent fan and would`nt  have it any other way. Sadly I live too far away to be part of the exciting revival. Good luck to all involved,
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, May 8, 2021, 11:41am; Reply: 30
What the yanks do really well is food trucks. I know they are starting to be a tiny here, but the fanzone would be ideal for this as we as Docks of course.
Posted by: forza ivano, May 9, 2021, 11:11am; Reply: 31
JS tweeted yesterday that  1700 people had completed the survey within 24 hours of it being launched
Posted by: LH, May 9, 2021, 12:32pm; Reply: 32
If I’m honest not having to make a choice between going to the toilet, getting a pint or getting some food at HT would be a start. No reason all three can’t be done in 15 mins.
Posted by: lee65, May 9, 2021, 2:11pm; Reply: 33
Please remind me, where is the “fan zone” likely to be sited?, and would access be dependent on which stand your ticket is for?
Also, as a Findus stand supporter do we think the existing bar will still remain in use?
Posted by: ginnywings, May 9, 2021, 4:34pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from lee65
Please remind me, where is the “fan zone” likely to be sited?, and would access be dependent on which stand your ticket is for?
Also, as a Findus stand supporter do we think the existing bar will still remain in use?

It will be between the Findus and the Osmond, so both home and away fans can use it. It will be separate from the ground, so you will need to leave and then go to your chosen part of the ground. It will have it's own entrance/exit, so people who are not attending the match can also use the facilities. I think that's the plan anyway.
Posted by: aldi_01, May 9, 2021, 4:58pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from ginnywings

It will be between the Findus and the Osmond, so both home and away fans can use it. It will be separate from the ground, so you will need to leave and then go to your chosen part of the ground. It will have it's own entrance/exit, so people who are not attending the match can also use the facilities. I think that's the plan anyway.

That would make sense although could they also perhaps make use of the big empty space between the main stand and pontoon?

I’d block off the car park but I appreciate that’s unlikely.

A fanzine with decent ale and decent food would be a welcomed addition. Even if it’s not for you, it should still be recognised as a positive.
Posted by: lee65, May 9, 2021, 6:50pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from ginnywings

Thank you Ginny, sounds like a good plan  :)
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 10:23pm