Print Topic - Archive

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Mikey_345, May 6, 2021, 6:08pm
Hi all - isn’t it great feeling like a cloud has been lifted?

As we’re probably all aware there are a lot of us exiled around the country  - non more so than down here in London & the South East.

A few of us have been batting round the idea of a London and South East Supporters club for a while now and have decided to give it a go, why not eh?

We have organised a zoom meeting on 20th May for those that are in the area, interested in joining and taking part in trying to shape this and get it off the ground.

If you’re interested please either give us a follow on Twitter:

@GTFCLondon

https://twitter.com/gtfclondon

Alternatively if your not on social media, not to worry, drop us an email at gtfclondon@outlook.com or PM me on here.

UTM!

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E0kt2WlXIAMeKIw?format=jpg&name=small[/img]
Posted by: lukeo, May 6, 2021, 7:01pm; Reply: 1
I was part of aa South west one for a while but left it because I couldn't get to games..  Anyone know if it is still about? I may rejoin
Posted by: forza ivano, May 6, 2021, 7:25pm; Reply: 2
Have seen this on twitter.a 21st century 'it's a grim exile'! 👍👍
Few old timers on here may remember those pre internet days, eh east end mariner???👍
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 6, 2021, 7:28pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from lukeo
I was part of aa South west one for a while but left it because I couldn't get to games..  Anyone know if it is still about? I may rejoin

Yes it is luke
Posted by: Brough Mariner, May 6, 2021, 7:34pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from forza ivano
Few old timers on here may remember those pre internet days, eh east end mariner???👍

Just about remember those days mate
Posted by: lukeo, May 6, 2021, 7:38pm; Reply: 5
I'm still in the group! I had a really bad time around 12 months ago, became homeless for a very short while and disassociated myself with everything and even wierdly muted all my groups on Facebook.. I'm back on and unmuted it now 👍 cheers
Posted by: smokey111, May 6, 2021, 7:43pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from lukeo
I'm still in the group! I had a really bad time around 12 months ago, became homeless for a very short while and disassociated myself with everything and even wierdly muted all my groups on Facebook.. I'm back on and unmuted it now 👍 cheers

Hope you are back on your feet lukeo
Posted by: lukeo, May 6, 2021, 8:10pm; Reply: 7
Appreciate the message I am definitely back on my feet, genuinely better than I've been in a very long time!

Utfm
Posted by: GrimExile, May 6, 2021, 8:17pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from forza ivano

I remember it well and I stole my username from that very publication. It was run by Andy Stephenson who I still occasionally see at town away games, or should I say I used to before Covid!!
Posted by: toontown, May 6, 2021, 8:17pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from lukeo
Appreciate the message I am definitely back on my feet, genuinely better than I've been in a very long time!

Utfm

Good to hear
Posted by: forza ivano, May 6, 2021, 8:24pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from GrimExile

I remember it well and I stole my username from that very publication. It was run by Andy Stephenson who I still occasionally see at town away games, or should I say I used to before Covid!!

and am looking forward to seeing you at many a game next season Andy! ;)
Posted by: smokey111, May 6, 2021, 8:29pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from lukeo

Utfm

I think we are all feeling like that this week mate!!!
Posted by: GrimExile, May 6, 2021, 9:04pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from forza ivano

and am looking forward to seeing you at many a game next season Andy! ;)

Hi mate, I’m good and see you next season. 🤞🤞🤞
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 6, 2021, 10:24pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from GrimExile

Hi mate, I’m good and see you next season. 🤞🤞🤞

I got you confused the other year with the original poster known as GrimExile (Emma) from the Electronic Fishcake who took over editing It’s a Grim Exile from Andy.
Posted by: tarka, May 6, 2021, 11:29pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I got you confused the other year with the original poster known as GrimExile (Emma) from the Electronic Fishcake who took over editing It’s a Grim Exile from Andy.

I think I did a few weeks ago too!
Posted by: GrimExile, May 7, 2021, 12:31am; Reply: 15

Yes I remember that. I’ve never got over the shock!!! Cheers Andy (Leonard).
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 7, 2021, 1:40am; Reply: 16
Quoted from GrimExile

Yes I remember that. I’ve never got over the shock!!! Cheers Andy (Leonard).

Whoops sorry 😞

😆

Will hopefully be seeing her brother-in-law on Sunday for a pint with me and another local Mariner (also an Andy) if he’s allowed out.
Posted by: GrimExile, May 7, 2021, 6:17am; Reply: 17

Whoops sorry 😞

😆

Will hopefully be seeing her brother-in-law on Sunday for a pint with me and another local Mariner (also an Andy) if he’s allowed out.

Enjoy. #UTM
Posted by: Dan, May 7, 2021, 10:40am; Reply: 18
Good idea this and having been exiled down here for over 10 years now been thinking about it a lot myself over that time.

There’s a lot of us here and we see the same faces regularly at away games and last time we were in the conference in any pub we could convince to play premier sports and always felt something was ripe for taking off so happy to get involved in any way.
Posted by: forza ivano, May 7, 2021, 4:14pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Dan
Good idea this and having been exiled down here for over 10 years now been thinking about it a lot myself over that time.

There’s a lot of us here and we see the same faces regularly at away games and last time we were in the conference in any pub we could convince to play premier sports and always felt something was ripe for taking off so happy to get involved in any way.

agreed

ps mikey - you have a p.m.
Posted by: Saudimariner, May 7, 2021, 7:53pm; Reply: 20
Slightly off the title topic, but is there any way I could find out about any Mariners supporters in the USA (like me)?  I can only keep up with what's going on through the Fishy, and follow every match through the Telegraph live scores, etc., and it would be good to see if there are any other exiles out here - I'm in Maine.  I can use YouTube for the highlights (not been many of them lately!) but that usually only lasts a couple of minutes.
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, May 8, 2021, 8:20am; Reply: 21
Quoted from Saudimariner
Slightly off the title topic, but is there any way I could find out about any Mariners supporters in the USA (like me)?  I can only keep up with what's going on through the Fishy, and follow every match through the Telegraph live scores, etc., and it would be good to see if there are any other exiles out here - I'm in Maine.  I can use YouTube for the highlights (not been many of them lately!) but that usually only lasts a couple of minutes.

There’s a few US fans on Twitter, worth trying to find them
Posted by: tanga_the_indestructible, May 8, 2021, 8:24am; Reply: 22
Quoted from Mikey_345
Hi all - isn’t it great feeling like a cloud has been lifted?

As we’re probably all aware there are a lot of us exiled around the country  - non more so than down here in London & the South East.

A few of us have been batting round the idea of a London and South East Supporters club for a while now and have decided to give it a go, why not eh?

We have organised a zoom meeting on 20th May for those that are in the area, interested in joining and taking part in trying to shape this and get it off the ground.

If you’re interested please either give us a follow on Twitter:

@GTFCLondon

https://twitter.com/gtfclondon

Alternatively if your not on social media, not to worry, drop us an email at gtfclondon@outlook.com or PM me on here.

UTM!

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E0kt2WlXIAMeKIw?format=jpg&name=small[/img]

I set up one in the late 1980s which lasted for a few years from 1988 onwards, but then moved to New York so couldn't do it anymore.

Posted by: Mikey_345, May 8, 2021, 9:37am; Reply: 23
Quoted from forza ivano

agreed

ps mikey - you have a p.m.

Sorry - missed it mate. Back at ya
Posted by: forza ivano, May 20, 2021, 8:53pm; Reply: 24
successful initial meeting involving 12-15 ,including Kristine Green , which was really good to see and indicative of 1878's and the Trust's fresh approach

informal whatsapp group established, so it'll be interesting to see what comes out of follow up discussions

one positive outcome - it dragged me into the 21st century as it was my first ever Zoom meeting!

Thank God i didn't take the advice of the youngsters in the Pilgrim beforehand, who solemnly informed me that in order to get the attention of the virtual chair one had to brandish a big black Dildo ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: Mikey_345, May 20, 2021, 9:18pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from forza ivano
successful initial meeting involving 12-15 ,including Kristine Green , which was really good to see and indicative of 1878's and the Trust's fresh approach

informal whatsapp group established, so it'll be interesting to see what comes out of follow up discussions

one positive outcome - it dragged me into the 21st century as it was my first ever Zoom meeting!

Thank God i didn't take the advice of the youngsters in the Pilgrim beforehand, who solemnly informed me that in order to get the attention of the virtual chair one had to brandish a big black Dildo ;D ;D ;D

Was great to see you and your IT advisor mate! 😂

Ah so that’s what NOT to do? Will have to dig my receipt out the bin then....

Anyone interested in joining us, please just drop me a PM!
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 20, 2021, 9:55pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from forza ivano

Wouldn't have been a problem if I had to do that,  I would have borrowed the wife's.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 20, 2021, 10:52pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from forza ivano

Wondered what that buzzing noise was
Posted by: forza ivano, May 20, 2021, 11:05pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Mikey_345

Was great to see you and your IT advisor mate! 😂

Ah so that’s what NOT to do? Will have to dig my receipt out the bin then....

Anyone interested in joining us, please just drop me a PM!

I.T. advisorS (plural) wife and her son on hand to aid the neanderthal

thought Zoom worked really well - certainly easier than taking a train up to London to meet Eat End Mariner in a dingy pub 30 years ago in order to achieve the same thing!
Posted by: forza ivano, May 20, 2021, 11:08pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from arryarryarry

Wouldn't have been a problem if I had to do that,  I would have borrowed the wife's.

exactly what i did Arry - lucky for me/us/everyone that she seized it back before i had the chance to brandish it on air ;D ;D
Posted by: Mikey_345, May 20, 2021, 11:09pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from forza ivano

I.T. advisorS (plural) wife and her son on hand to aid the neanderthal

Ah, you’ve got a full backroom team in operation then 😂
Posted by: forza ivano, May 20, 2021, 11:16pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Mikey_345

Ah, you’ve got a full backroom team in operation then 😂

and much needed they were too!

ps meeting was far too short, ended well before i'd finished my bottle of Bateman's Victory Ale, which i thought was a very appropriate brew ;D
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 20, 2021, 11:47pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from lukeo

Utfm

That's good to hear Luke. :)
Posted by: DB, May 21, 2021, 3:48am; Reply: 33
Quoted from forza ivano

and much needed they were too!

ps meeting was far too short, ended well before i'd finished my bottle of Bateman's Victory Ale, which i thought was a very appropriate brew ;D

Batemans TripleXB is also very good, but I prefer the Victory Ale.

Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 21, 2021, 11:54am; Reply: 34
Quoted from forza ivano

exactly what i did Arry - lucky for me/us/everyone that she seized it back before i had the chance to brandish it on air ;D ;D

That’s not to be sniffed at!

Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, May 22, 2021, 5:41pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from Saudimariner

@sacktownmariner @gtfcusa and a few others who I cant remember the Twitter names of in the US. Look at who they follow and you'll find most people.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 22, 2021, 7:47pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from Saudimariner

There’s Connecticut Mariner on here. He’s not a million miles from you.
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 2:09pm