Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: forza ivano, May 6, 2021, 5:57pm
http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=7946

brilliant stuff - the final sentence made me laugh out loud.

check out the diary section as well - sums up what a lot of us are feeling
Posted by: RonMariner, May 6, 2021, 6:38pm; Reply: 1
Brilliant stuff.

Can’t believe I am so happy after a relegation,

We now have hope!
Posted by: DB, May 6, 2021, 6:54pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from RonMariner
Brilliant stuff.

Can’t believe I am so happy after a relegation,

We now have hope!

Not you in particular Ron but many posted over the few games 'it's the hope that kills you'

As you put it 'we now have hope' that same hope has turned on its head and is now something to look forward to.

Hope for good ownership
Hope for a good team
Hope for better facilities
Hope for a community club
and
Hope for promotion

Posted by: Posh Harry, May 6, 2021, 7:05pm; Reply: 3
Great piece. Shows he gets us and is one of us (although significantly more coined up then most of us put together).

Hopefully the only way is up!

UTFM
Posted by: Azimuth, May 6, 2021, 7:42pm; Reply: 4
That game he referred to against Newcastle was my first ever trip to BP, stood in the open corner between the Pontoon and Barrett.
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, May 6, 2021, 11:20pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Posh Harry
Great piece. Shows he gets us and is one of us (although significantly more coined up then most of us put together).

Hopefully the only way is up!

UTFM

He must be, with the John Denver song reference - he's probably had a "night out in Nunsthorpe" as well. Seems like he didn't get a ticket for the Everton game. Sheffield Wednesday at home was a week later on the Tuesday night - ripped them to shreds (3-1) goals from Wiggy Drinks and Ford - 15k on after 22k+ for Everton - I think that is the biggest Tuesday night attendance for a league game since Exeter in 72.
Posted by: Heisenberg, May 7, 2021, 6:36am; Reply: 6
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

He must be, with the John Denver song reference - he's probably had a "night out in Nunsthorpe" as well. Seems like he didn't get a ticket for the Everton game. Sheffield Wednesday at home was a week later on the Tuesday night - ripped them to shreds (3-1) goals from Wiggy Drinks and Ford - 15k on after 22k+ for Everton - I think that is the biggest Tuesday night attendance for a league game since Exeter in 72.

I remember 17,000 in against Spurs, the Lineker game. My god, that was 30 years ago!
Posted by: Mariner_501, May 7, 2021, 8:16am; Reply: 7
I love him. The total opposite to that *beep* Fenty. Unlike Fenty, Jason is clearly one of us and will have my full support, along with the support of 99% of others you’d imagine.
Posted by: marinerdazza, May 7, 2021, 11:23am; Reply: 8
I still can't believe we've gone from Fenty to this.
Posted by: Heswall Mariner, May 7, 2021, 11:33am; Reply: 9
Don't want to look back - but whilst we're on the Cod Almighty thread - there's a very good article by Tony Butcher as to the real reason why JF probably sold out.
Posted by: Son of Cod, May 7, 2021, 1:23pm; Reply: 10
Quoted Text
"All Town Are We. UTM.

Jason

*This is a joke, not a call to action"

Okay...am I the only only that's been singing "OH Town ARE WE" for years? :-/
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 7, 2021, 3:11pm; Reply: 11
I thought it was

‘All town aren’t we’

🤷🏻‍♂️
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 7, 2021, 3:11pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Son of Cod

Okay...am I the only only that's been singing "OH Town ARE WE" for years? :-/

I misheard it got a long time and thought it was poorly phrased using syntax worthy of Yoda.

Then I discovered it was “all Town aren’t we”. That makes more sense to a pedant like me 😁
Posted by: forza ivano, May 7, 2021, 4:25pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Heswall Mariner
Don't want to look back - but whilst we're on the Cod Almighty thread - there's a very good article by Tony Butcher as to the real reason why JF probably sold out.

Here's the link. Very interesting
http://www.codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=7942
Posted by: meddaboy, May 7, 2021, 5:33pm; Reply: 14
you have a  christie lookalike there  ( 10 rillington place  )  same voice as well , could be a party piece at your xmas party ... all joking aside best of luck for  21 - 22 , no need to say how tough a league it is , but your manager could make a bit of history , win your first league game and your joint top of the table . yer man did say  (  the bristol bard  ) that he would get you out fl div 2 .
Posted by: Heswall Mariner, May 7, 2021, 9:31pm; Reply: 15
Thanks forza - admit I don't know how to attatch the link.
Posted by: mariners1, May 7, 2021, 9:36pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Heswall Mariner

I really want to believe that this true.... for once I our lives let’s hear it for the taxman!
Posted by: toontown, May 7, 2021, 11:05pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from forza ivano

Indeed! *chuckle*
Posted by: mariner83, May 8, 2021, 8:44am; Reply: 18
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
I thought it was

‘All town aren’t we’

🤷🏻‍♂️

Me too, as in; "we're all Town aren't we?"
Posted by: RonMariner, May 8, 2021, 11:05am; Reply: 19
I am sure we will hear plenty of 'He's one of our own, Jason Stockwood, he's one of our own.' if things go well.
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 11:48pm