Confirmed he's severed all ties with the club!...👏👏👏
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 5, 2021, 6:03pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Didn’t he sever Mike Newell’s tie?
Posted by: Kris2, May 5, 2021, 6:09pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

So that means neither he or any member of his family will make defensive posts here anymore?
Posted by: 140067 (Guest), May 5, 2021, 6:10pm; Reply: 5
He's gone new era, so please please move on and support the new owners.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, May 5, 2021, 6:14pm; Reply: 6
Hey, you can’t win them all.  I am sure that he will not totally disappear into the sunset.  His ego means that he will be back on here sometime if there is a slight misstep.  
Posted by: aldi_01, May 5, 2021, 6:35pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Kris2

So that means neither he or any member of his family will make defensive posts here anymore?

Well it’s questionable how much he/they visited BP previous to his ownership so now there’s no free meal I’d imagine they’ll be off spending the £200k he shouldn’t have kept...
Posted by: Hagrid, May 5, 2021, 6:35pm; Reply: 8
Bye John. Dont come back
Posted by: headingly_mariner, May 5, 2021, 7:15pm; Reply: 9
He’s put a statement out. Last one ever regarding the club hopefully. Get to intercourse
Posted by: pen penfras, May 5, 2021, 7:15pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from aldi_01

Well it’s questionable how much he/they visited BP previous to his ownership so now there’s no free meal I’d imagine they’ll be off spending the £200k he shouldn’t have kept...

No it isn't. Him and his brothers were season ticket holders and Fenty's company was part of the club's sponsors a long time before he was on the board. They travelled all over the country supporting Grimsby. There's enough excrement to throw at him without making up lies.
Posted by: aldi_01, May 5, 2021, 7:26pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from pen penfras

No it isn't. Him and his brothers were season ticket holders and Fenty's company was part of the club's sponsors a long time before he was on the board. They travelled all over the country supporting Grimsby. There's enough excrement to throw at him without making up lies.

*allegedly

I mean surely if they’re fans we’ll see them first game of the season but I highly doubt it...
Posted by: Humbercod, May 5, 2021, 7:36pm; Reply: 12
I know his brother and nephews go home and away and have done for years proper fans.
Posted by: DB, May 5, 2021, 8:04pm; Reply: 13
A departing word from the past regime owner:-

'the football club is in very good financial shape to be able to bounce back with swift return to the English Football League'

Other clubs are not in such good financial shape but are still in EFL 2.

Good riddance John

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/john-fenty-endorses-grimsby-town-5379076
Posted by: aldi_01, May 5, 2021, 8:07pm; Reply: 14

Quoted from DB
A departing word from the past regime owner:-

'the football club is in very good financial shape to be able to bounce back with swift return to the English Football League'

Other clubs are not in such good financial shape but are still in EFL 2.

Good riddance John

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/john-fenty-endorses-grimsby-town-5379076

So once again trying to justify failure becauee other clubs accessed support available based on their own planning?

A girl private to the very end...
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, May 5, 2021, 9:17pm; Reply: 15
[img]https://accessbydesign.uk/abd/wp-content/themes/design14/images/timthumb/timthumb.php?src=https://accessbydesign.uk/abd//wp-content/gallery/stock-images/goodbye.jpg&w=450&h=[/img]

....and do not come back.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 5, 2021, 9:29pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Humbercod
I know his brother and nephews go home and away and have done for years proper fans.

Me and my mates took Steve to a few away games back in the day ( when the family had that club near to Ramsdens, the Rutland Arms site )

I never knew John but Steve just seemed like your typical Town mad kid back then
Posted by: gtfc98, May 5, 2021, 10:17pm; Reply: 17
goodbye and good riddance you horrible girl private!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 5, 2021, 10:41pm; Reply: 18
“The club has all too often been the bridesmaid at national stadiums, but we can be proud that we have been there so many times.”

Considering that four of those visits were because we were in the lowest division* the club has ever been in, it is nothing to be proud of John. Delusional to the last.

* when we were relegated out of the League in 1910 there were only 2 divisions, so we were going into tier 3 not tier 5.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, May 6, 2021, 1:17am; Reply: 19
The turd flushed away at last
Posted by: SheepGTFC, May 6, 2021, 3:44am; Reply: 20
Thank you, intercourse you, bye
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 6, 2021, 7:54am; Reply: 21
Quoted from AdamHaddock
The turd flushed away at last

Yes the motion was passed!
Posted by: Mariner_501, May 6, 2021, 8:31am; Reply: 22
Out the club first, out the town next. The misery he’s knowingly brought to thousands in this town. And people are saying he’s a town fan LOL
Posted by: Honestjhonsbankbalance, May 6, 2021, 10:25am; Reply: 23
balderdash to him and his hangers on, he's in the past now look to the future we are all together in letting the new boys make us great again after 20 years of being as poor on and off the pitch as a Soviet gulag
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), May 6, 2021, 11:19am; Reply: 24
Notice he thanked everyone but the fans!
Posted by: HerveJosse, May 6, 2021, 11:27am; Reply: 25
The club still owes Fenty £1.5m. Until that is repaid he is not gone I am afraid.
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, May 6, 2021, 12:27pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from pen penfras

All the more reason to say as a fan why did he do the stuff he did?
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 11:34am