Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, April 30, 2021, 2:50pm
There have been plenty of occasions when I have been critical of the media and the GT in particular for toadying up to those in charge of the club.

It makes a refreshing change to see a journalist come out and apologise for his part in that and to stick the blame squarely where it belongs.

[url] https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/grimsby-town-relegation-fenty-holloway-5360326[/url]

Posted by: promotion plaice, April 30, 2021, 2:57pm; Reply: 1

Anyone heard when JF is going to apologise to the fans?
Posted by: kafunanapar140909, April 30, 2021, 3:46pm; Reply: 2
I do feel for local sports journalists sometimes because you can only criticise the owners of a club so much before they simply ban you from the ground. Swann kicked the Scunny Telegraph out when he thought it was being too critical; the Allams did the same with the Hull Daily Mail and have essentially done likewise by not renewing Radio Humberside's rights.  

At least now Fenty's off Findlater can say what I am sure has been on his mind for ages, without fear of being banned from the place he does a lot of his work.

He did do well reporting on the May scandal but I wonder what would have happened had Loyd Griffith not broken the story in the first place?
Posted by: aldi_01, April 30, 2021, 4:15pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from promotion plaice

Surprised he hasn’t used the club website to release an illiterate rambling that passes the buck and blames everyone from the fans, the scratch on his car, that young lads flag, tyre kickers and ITV digital...
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, April 30, 2021, 4:21pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from aldi_01

Surprised he hasn’t used the club website to release an illiterate rambling that passes the buck and blames everyone from the fans, the scratch on his car, that young lads flag, tyre kickers and ITV digital...

I hope he’s lost control of the club website now .. I never want to hear from him ever again in fact I want him barred from BP for life and hopefully the GET never give him a voice in the future.  
Posted by: aldi_01, April 30, 2021, 4:22pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

I hope he’s lost control of the club website now .. I never want to hear from him ever again in fact I want him barred from BP for life and hopefully the GET never give him a voice in the future.  

Won’t need to bar him, he and his hangers on won’t go anywhere near the place again. Especially now there’s no free meal attached...
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, April 30, 2021, 4:24pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from aldi_01

Won’t need to bar him, he and his hangers on won’t go anywhere near the place again. Especially now there’s no free meal attached...

Yeah your right
Posted by: friskneymariner, April 30, 2021, 4:34pm; Reply: 7

The same day that somebody builds a snowman in hell.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 30, 2021, 4:37pm; Reply: 8
The local media are always in a difficult position with things like this. No body’s perfect. We’ve all to a greater or lesser extent gone along with the current set-up, been hoodwinked or just so desperate for success not wanting to countenance the unpleasant truth or fearing rocking the boat, or just plain being loyal to our club.

Reporting on Town had slowly improved in recent years in the Grim Tel, and Findlater played a big part in bringing this regime to its rightful end.

I’d love to know who discovered Alex May’s involvement, just do I can raise a glass to him or her, and give thanks.
Posted by: toontown, April 30, 2021, 4:40pm; Reply: 9
There have been plenty of occasions when I have been critical of the media and the GT in particular for toadying up to those in charge of the club.

It makes a refreshing change to see a journalist come out and apologise for his part in that and to stick the blame squarely where it belongs.

[url] https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/grimsby-town-relegation-fenty-holloway-5360326[/url]

Totally echo that, and also highlight he did his bit in revealing fenty for the odious toad he is with his articles on the May debacle.
Posted by: DB, April 30, 2021, 5:13pm; Reply: 10
This was a very good article by James and I think we can see that had this appeared a year ago the GT would have been banned from BP. It is a sorry state when we have free speech, as per this site, but then have it muffled by dictators who only want their ego to be reported on.

Let's hope that in the future James can report on what he wants, rather than what he's told to report on.
Posted by: Poojah, April 30, 2021, 5:28pm; Reply: 11

I like how the Fishy's URL shortener has thrown up an impromptu wheel of fortune puzzle there:

[img]https://i.ibb.co/xgKPKQZ/url-fw.png[/img]
Can anyone guess the final missing letter?

Posted by: jamesgtfc, April 30, 2021, 5:32pm; Reply: 12
James has certainly done his CV no harm the last few months. Journalists (I include Radio Humberside in this) can't always ask the probing questions we want answering because they have to maintain a working relationship with the people they are interviewing and continue having access to the players, which isn't contractual. In fact, Slade and Jolley prevented the media having access to players.
Posted by: aldi_01, April 30, 2021, 6:09pm; Reply: 13
Let’s face it, Fenty’s petulance has meant that journos have perhaps had to hold back a tad to ensure they can get back in.

A sorry state of affairs. It’s actually embarrassing yet people at the club thought it fine and the followers seemed to always find someone else to blame rather than the culprit.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, April 30, 2021, 7:38pm; Reply: 14

He's very much like the Fonz from Happy Days... it's not in him to say sorry  :-/
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, April 30, 2021, 7:40pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Poojah

I like how the Fishy's URL shortener has thrown up an impromptu wheel of fortune puzzle there:

U can see the missing letter quite clearly
Posted by: rancido, April 30, 2021, 8:04pm; Reply: 16

Yes, when Hell freezes over and just after Nelson gets his eye back.
Posted by: scrumble, May 14, 2021, 5:28pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Poojah

There's not much on the fishy that has made me genuinely lol over the last few years, God knows there hasn't been much opportunity, but that did
Print page generated: April 18, 2024, 8:28pm