Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 22, 2021, 9:36pm

Bought just about every Town game on iFollow this season but I think I will give this one a miss.

Not sure I can bring myself to watch a game that will probably be the final nail in the coffin  :o
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 22, 2021, 9:58pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from promotion plaice

Bought just about every Town game on iFollow this season but I think I will give this one a miss.

Not sure I can bring myself to watch a game that will probably be the final nail in the coffin  :o

I’m kind of thinking the same ☹️
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, April 22, 2021, 10:22pm; Reply: 2
Did you go to Burton?
Posted by: arryarryarry, April 22, 2021, 10:31pm; Reply: 3
Did you go to Burton?

Just going to post the same.

Who will invade the pitch, James Findlater and John Tondeur?
Posted by: aldi_01, April 23, 2021, 5:48am; Reply: 4
Quoted from arryarryarry

Just going to post the same.

Who will invade the pitch, James Findlater and John Tondeur?

Fenty, with a deconstructed flag that used to say ‘it’s not my fault, I am the saviour. I propped this club up and we got a new portacabin’.
Posted by: pizzzza, April 23, 2021, 10:24am; Reply: 5
One thing that won't be deconstructed this time will be Oldham's advertising hoardings.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, April 23, 2021, 10:36am; Reply: 6
Did you go to Burton?

Of all the depressing games that I've attended that was probably the most depressing. I couldn't get in the Town end so sneaked in to the stand on the right hand side of the ground (as Town fans looked at it). Had to watch a bloody awful performance on the pitch and the spectacle of 'our' morons as the inevitable approached. I didn't go to another Town game for a long time.
Posted by: DB, April 23, 2021, 12:41pm; Reply: 7
I'll be watching the Oldham game, can't be any worse than the Tranmere away under Holloway. As usual definite win for Town 1 - 0.

I was clutching straws, but I'm down to my last one!
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 23, 2021, 2:01pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from DB
I'll be watching the Oldham game, can't be any worse than the Tranmere away under Holloway. As usual definite win for Town 1 - 0.

I was clutching straws, but I'm down to my last one!

The fat lady ain’t singin’  just yet, but she’s warming up behind the curtain.
Posted by: tashee69, April 23, 2021, 2:22pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from aldi_01

Fenty, with a deconstructed flag that used to say ‘it’s not my fault, I am the saviour. I propped this club up and we got a new portacabin’.

He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy !! 🤣
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, April 23, 2021, 2:47pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Les Brechin

The fat lady ain’t singin’  just yet, but she’s warming up behind the curtain. new portakabin
   ;)

Posted by: grimsby pete, April 23, 2021, 3:32pm; Reply: 11

You are going to miss a treat then PP  Oldham are top scorers in the division and have let in more goals than everybody else

We are going to win 7--6  8) ;D
Posted by: Zmariner, April 23, 2021, 4:11pm; Reply: 12

Too many bad memories from that day at Burton. I will not even watch the port Vale game I have paid for never mind the away games
Posted by: oochiad, April 23, 2021, 4:42pm; Reply: 13
It’s my bday weekend so I’ll enjoy and watch a lovely win thankyou very much! UTM!!
Posted by: pen penfras, April 23, 2021, 6:34pm; Reply: 14
Watched every game this season. Not wasting my time any more when the weather is so nice. Something outside with the family sounds better
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, April 23, 2021, 7:19pm; Reply: 15
It's my time with the boy, I'll be watching, it's not over yet, almost a case of double jeopardy, we win, Colchester lose and we go again Tuesday
Posted by: DB, April 24, 2021, 12:57pm; Reply: 16
I wonder what the team will be. I hope Coke is fit to play as I didn't rate Lamy or Spokes in the last match. Spokes seem out of his depth and lost the ball twice which led to 2 of their goals.

Oldham I think are the top scorers and let in the most goals so probably 4 4 2.

Macca

Waterfall   Hewitt   Menayense  Hab

Khouri  Matete  Coke   Clifton

Shop    Hanson

Khouri has done well but tires, so bring on Jackson at half time or early in the 2nd half. As for the rest of the subs Green, Starbuck, Adlard, Rose, Lamy.

If I'm wrong and we're not winning( or worse Colchester and Barrow are) then I'd like to see Adlard and Starbuck given some game time to see how they get on.

Still, for me, a definite Town win, a performance like the Bolton one and I'm clutching my remaining straw.
Posted by: Mayaman, April 24, 2021, 1:14pm; Reply: 17
It's a bit like the end of a relationship, isn't it? You've known it's really been over for some time but little things make you think it can be resurrected.  She starts being nice to you again and you go out for dinner or coffee and a little flame is rekindle (the unbeaten run).  Then she seems to be getting a lot of messages from someone else (Bradford).  Your heart sinks.  But, she pops up and invites you to her friend's birthday party. You feel warm and fuzzy as people remark how you look so good together. (Bolton). Your basking in the glow together for a few days when a mate spots her in a pub with a bloke with hair and lacking a paunch. (Morecambe).  But if anything you're an optimist and you hope it's one of her gay friends (Oldham)
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 24, 2021, 1:53pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Mayaman
It's a bit like the end of a relationship, isn't it? You've known it's really been over for some time but little things make you think it can be resurrected.  She starts being nice to you again and you go out for dinner or coffee and a little flame is rekindle (the unbeaten run).  Then she seems to be getting a lot of messages from someone else (Bradford).  Your heart sinks.  But, she pops up and invites you to her friend's birthday party. You feel warm and fuzzy as people remark how you look so good together. (Bolton). Your basking in the glow together for a few days when a mate spots her in a pub with a bloke with hair and lacking a paunch. (Morecambe).  But if anything you're an optimist and you hope it's one of her gay friends (Oldham)

Yeah, pretty much sums it up for me.

A Gold Star coming your way   :)  

Posted by: FishOutOfWater, April 24, 2021, 2:17pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Mayaman

That's a very poignant and very funny analogy

I've just heard that old Carole King song, "It's too late"  as well

About the end of a relationship but just as relatable to our love of football too  ::)
Posted by: Mayaman, April 24, 2021, 2:54pm; Reply: 20

Yeah, pretty much sums it up for me.

A Gold Star coming your way   :)  

Thanks mate.

Posted by: Mayaman, April 24, 2021, 5:00pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Mayaman

OMG he was gay.  

Posted by: AussieMariner, April 24, 2021, 5:23pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Mayaman

Crikey then she gives you a blow job (Oldham) - does that mean we’re definitely going down now? Or staying up? I’m confused...
Posted by: Heisenberg, April 24, 2021, 5:30pm; Reply: 23
Mayaman, I’m ordering you to stay with that b#tch, no matter what!
Posted by: Abdul19, April 24, 2021, 6:36pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Mayaman

You sound like that funny fella who managed QPR and Blackpool  ;)
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, April 24, 2021, 8:00pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Mayaman

And now she's turned around saying how confused she is ..... is she making a big mistake?

Can there be yet another roll of the dice before she slams the door for the last time?  ;)
Posted by: Mayaman, April 25, 2021, 12:50am; Reply: 26
Quoted from Abdul19

You sound like that funny fella who managed QPR and Blackpool  ;)

I've never been so insulted in my live.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, April 25, 2021, 12:51am; Reply: 27
Quoted from Mayaman

I've never been so insulted in my live.

At least Abdul didn't approach you about this behind your back  ;)
Posted by: lukeo, April 25, 2021, 7:51am; Reply: 28
..... All of this and yet her sister (Doig) had no clue about what was going on.
Posted by: Davec, April 25, 2021, 7:52am; Reply: 29
Quoted from lukeo
..... All of this and yet her sister (Doig) had no clue about what was going on.

Apparently she only saw about it on social media!
Print page generated: April 23, 2024, 12:01pm