Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, April 17, 2021, 4:22pm
Neil Cox rightly or wrongly lambasted his players after they were beaten 4-1 by Morecambe this week....

......but bizarrely he dropped these pearls of wisdom in amongst his rant at his players

"Thankfully, we haven’t yet delved as far into the realm of farce as Grimsby Town. Players hosting ridiculous (yet fashionable) so-called “gender reveal parties” in breach of lockdown regulations? Check.

One player sent off for headbutting a team mate in an actual game? Check. Relegation? Well, it looks like going that way..."
Posted by: Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie, April 17, 2021, 4:28pm; Reply: 1
They can’t stop thinking about us can they?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 17, 2021, 4:28pm; Reply: 2
Neil Cox rightly or wrongly lambasted his players after they were beaten 4-1 by Morecambe this week....

......but bizarrely he dropped these pearls of wisdom in amongst his rant at his players

"Thankfully, we haven’t yet delved as far into the realm of farce as Grimsby Town. Players hosting ridiculous (yet fashionable) so-called “gender reveal parties” in breach of lockdown regulations? Check.

One player sent off for headbutting a team mate in an actual game? Check. Relegation? Well, it looks like going that way..."

Where did he say that RH?
Posted by: Yoda, April 17, 2021, 4:41pm; Reply: 3
they are not out of the woods yet
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, April 17, 2021, 4:54pm; Reply: 4
I think they're fine for this season but they look like great contenders for next season to me.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 17, 2021, 5:29pm; Reply: 5
He’s not wrong though is he
Posted by: ginnywings, April 17, 2021, 6:14pm; Reply: 6
Classic deflection straight from the GTFC board play book. Yeah we're sh1te, but it could be worse. Look at Grimsby.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, April 17, 2021, 6:27pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Where did he say that RH?

If you look on the Grimsby Live website then click on 'Iron' at the top then the story is on there.
Posted by: moosey_club, April 17, 2021, 6:43pm; Reply: 8
Dont care how cr@p we are......rather that than have any association with Scunthorpe
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, April 17, 2021, 7:23pm; Reply: 9
He’s taking the urine out of us and why wouldn’t he , to go out the league a second time is embarrasing  
Posted by: huuuuu, April 17, 2021, 7:40pm; Reply: 10
Those quotes look like they are attributed to the jouranlist writing the article - not Neil Cox.
Posted by: bawarmy, April 17, 2021, 7:47pm; Reply: 11
Cox by name.......
Posted by: marinerdazza, April 17, 2021, 8:05pm; Reply: 12
*shrugs*

They’re a shambles and they’ll be down next season.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, April 17, 2021, 8:38pm; Reply: 13
Neil sucks Cox
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 17, 2021, 8:42pm; Reply: 14

If you look on the Grimsby Live website then click on 'Iron' at the top then the story is on there.

Just read it definitely written by someone claiming to be a journalist.
Posted by: Fillipe Noche, April 17, 2021, 10:58pm; Reply: 15
As distinct lack of professional class goes, I’d say that’s up there in the upper echelons of classlessness  

He ain’t going to be on a job much longer anyway
Posted by: Hagrid, April 17, 2021, 11:09pm; Reply: 16
Well you and John would know all about that wouldnt you
Posted by: AussieMariner, April 17, 2021, 11:16pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Hagrid
Well you and John would know all about that wouldnt you

Just to be clear Hagrid, are you referring to Fillipe’s comment about classlessness or being out of a job, or both?
Posted by: huuuuu, April 18, 2021, 12:08am; Reply: 18
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
As distinct lack of professional class goes, I’d say that’s up there in the upper echelons of classlessness  

Again, read the article properly. Nice and slowly now
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, April 18, 2021, 12:17am; Reply: 19
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
He’s taking the urine out of us and why wouldn’t he , to go out the league a second time is embarrasing  

You and I and most of us here would say it is embarrassing to go out of the league for a second time

There is one man I can think of though who seemingly won't have the slightest bit of embarrassment as he walks away with his payback for "leading" us there  :B
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 18, 2021, 2:35am; Reply: 20

Coming from an expert on the subject...  
Posted by: male private Nale, April 18, 2021, 4:30am; Reply: 21
It's bizarre people actually think these comments are attributed to Neil Cox, they part of an article written by a 'Journalist' not an extract from an interview.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 18, 2021, 10:50am; Reply: 22

There you go making comments without actually reading the article.
Posted by: 140067 (Guest), April 18, 2021, 10:51am; Reply: 23
Oh what an absolute professional, deflect detractors by having a go at someone else, you'd expect that comment from a supporter but not the manager.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, April 18, 2021, 11:02am; Reply: 24
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

You and I and most of us here would say it is embarrassing to go out of the league for a second time

There is one man I can think of though who seemingly won't have the slightest bit of embarrassment as he walks away with his payback for "leading" us there  :B

And yet he still thinks he’s not to blame 🤡  2 decades of shite tells me different
Posted by: MuddyWaters, April 18, 2021, 12:25pm; Reply: 25

On a similar level to a Chairman/ custodian telling Lincoln how to avoid relegation?
Posted by: 140067 (Guest), April 19, 2021, 12:05pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from 140067
Oh what an absolute professional, deflect detractors by having a go at someone else, you'd expect that comment from a supporter but not the manager.

I unequivocally withdraw the above comment, I thought it was a quote from Neil Cox. I've now read the article and realise it is the reporter , actually stating facts. I'd rather support a team that has things going on than the number 1 boring club in Lincolnshire.Check.
Print page generated: April 16, 2024, 3:25pm