Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, April 12, 2021, 8:12pm
[img]https://i2-prod.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/incoming/article5285604.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/0_Bradford-City-v-Grimsby-TownSky-Bet-League-2.jpg[/img]

Two players trying to calm one player down who shows no professional qualities at any point.

One player walking away, having being assaulted, and not reacting, showing what we should expect from an experienced professional.

I know which one I would want playing in our team.
Posted by: TonySmith, April 12, 2021, 8:52pm; Reply: 1
  I agree, and it's no excuse, but wouldn't you love to know what was said between the two of them before it happened? Paul Hurst definitely implied that both were in the wrong. Morais was subbed at half time too, don't forget. I also think it's unfortunate it happened right on half time. At any other point of the game words would have been exchanged in private ( if at all ) and no one outside the dressing room would even know about it.
Posted by: moosey_club, April 12, 2021, 9:25pm; Reply: 2
Upto Hurst to sort out.

Its happened , no point trying to do an autopsy as we will never know what was said by either party.

I think popular opinion is Morais was in the right ....... but obviously Hurst has more thoughts , potential codes of conduct to consider.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 12, 2021, 9:31pm; Reply: 3
I wonder what the mood was like in training this morning.
Posted by: Stew0_0, April 13, 2021, 12:16am; Reply: 4
I would almost guarantee that Morais was only having a go at Payne because of his lack of effort to chase the lost cause and show some fight for the team. In fact it was something every town fan watching was saying whilst watching him throw his hands in the air like a sulky child. And for it Filipe gets assaulted.

Dont expect Stefan to be near the team now till the end of the season then he can take his anger problems elsewhere when his contract is not renewed.

What annoys me most is that it seems Morais is being treated the same. Like hes the big brother who should no better, when he's the one with the attitude we need during this relegation fight.

Hope Hurst takes a more balanced response on this after calming down and considering the situation further
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 13, 2021, 12:20am; Reply: 5
We don't know what happened in the dressing room. That Bradford Argus(?) article implied there might have been some damage. So maybe some temper by Felipe? (Not you Notches).
Posted by: arryarryarry, April 13, 2021, 3:15am; Reply: 6
Quoted from TonySmith
  I agree, and it's no excuse, but wouldn't you love to know what was said between the two of them before it happened? Paul Hurst definitely implied that both were in the wrong. Morais was subbed at half time too, don't forget. I also think it's unfortunate it happened right on half time. At any other point of the game words would have been exchanged in private ( if at all ) and no one outside the dressing room would even know about it.

According to my contact Morais had a moan at Payne for not chasing his pass down the line, Payne moaned back that he wanted it to feet and so it carried on with a lot of effing this and effing that until it ended in the meeting of foreheads.

It then carried on as they walked half the length of the pitch towards the dressing room with I believe Coke, Hanson and McKewan getting involved with some pushing and shoving.  
Posted by: thefish, April 13, 2021, 7:09am; Reply: 7
Quoted from arryarryarry

According to my contact Morais had a moan at Payne for not chasing his pass down the line, Payne moaned back that he wanted it to feet and so it carried on with a lot of effing this and effing that until it ended in the meeting of foreheads.

It then carried on as they walked half the length of the pitch towards the dressing room with I believe Coke, Hanson and McKewan getting involved with some pushing and shoving.  

Your contact watched the highlights then!
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, April 13, 2021, 7:56am; Reply: 8
Payne's body language in this photo is the body language of the dimwit in the pub who's just had his pint spilled and despite the apology is ready to fight with anybody daft enough to get involved.

You can just hear him saying 'come on then, I'll have you.....'

What a c*ck.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 13, 2021, 9:12am; Reply: 9
Quoted from Stew0_0
I would almost guarantee that Morais was only having a go at Payne because of his lack of effort to chase the lost cause and show some fight for the team. In fact it was something every town fan watching was saying whilst watching him throw his hands in the air like a sulky child. And for it Filipe gets assaulted.

Dont expect Stefan to be near the team now till the end of the season then he can take his anger problems elsewhere when his contract is not renewed.

What annoys me most is that it seems Morais is being treated the same. Like hes the big brother who should no better, when he's the one with the attitude we need during this relegation fight.

Hope Hurst takes a more balanced response on this after calming down and considering the situation further

I think Hurst will deal with this fairly and properly, there is no reason to suspect why he wouldn't.
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 13, 2021, 9:16am; Reply: 10

I know Payne deserves everything he gets but this could have gone on the "Goodbye Stefan" thread IMO.

There's two threads on the same subject now, just saying.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, April 13, 2021, 9:55am; Reply: 11
Quoted from promotion plaice

I know Payne deserves everything he gets but this could have gone on the "Goodbye Stefan" thread IMO.

There's two threads on the same subject now, just saying.

No not really. This thread is more about professionalism of the players involved, and not just SP and FM.
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 13, 2021, 9:56am; Reply: 12

No not really. This thread is more about professionality of the players involved, and not just SP and FM.

Fair enough mate, I must be getting grumpy in my old age   :)

Posted by: jamesgtfc, April 13, 2021, 10:30am; Reply: 13
On Saturday Hurst had to be careful not to take sides publicly. We don't know what happened in the dressing room or exactly what Morais said.

I think Morais will be in the team Saturday.
Posted by: arryarryarry, April 13, 2021, 10:33am; Reply: 14
Quoted from thefish

Your contact watched the highlights then!

Nope, my contact was at the game.
Posted by: pen penfras, April 13, 2021, 11:39am; Reply: 15
Quoted from jamesgtfc
On Saturday Hurst had to be careful not to take sides publicly. We don't know what happened in the dressing room or exactly what Morais said.

I think Morais will be in the team Saturday.

Morais has a history of falling out with people, which isn't all that surprising since he tends to spend 85 minutes of every game moaning about something.
Posted by: barrattstandman, April 13, 2021, 11:55am; Reply: 16
I guarantee that if an opponent had done that to Morais he would have gone down . Credit him for hoping the ref didn't see it but the Bradford players made sure  .
Posted by: ska face, April 13, 2021, 12:03pm; Reply: 17
The ball was absolute dog, let’s be honest. Last minute of the half and he’s punting one down the line into the corner hoping Payne wins it the does something miraculous with it. Just give it to feet in the middle of the pitch ffs. Then Morais is still giving him grief as he’s walking away.

Two gobshites who need to be jettisoned.
Posted by: lee65, April 13, 2021, 1:15pm; Reply: 18
Payne's body language in this photo is the body language of the dimwit in the pub who's just had his pint spilled and despite the apology is ready to fight with anybody daft enough to get involved.

You can just hear him saying 'come on then, I'll have you.....'

What a c*ck.

It’s very Begbie from Trainspotting isn’t it 🙂
Posted by: Hagrid, April 13, 2021, 1:40pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from pen penfras

Morais has a history of falling out with people, which isn't all that surprising since he tends to spend 85 minutes of every game moaning about something.

i like him. need someone who aint afraid to say something
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, April 13, 2021, 2:38pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from promotion plaice

Fair enough mate, I must be getting grumpy in my old age   :)

It happens to the best of us....

And if you don't agree with me, then we'll take it outside right?   ;)
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, April 13, 2021, 4:39pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from ska face
The ball was absolute dog, let’s be honest. Last minute of the half and he’s punting one down the line into the corner hoping Payne wins it the does something miraculous with it.

And thats an excuse not to chase after the ball when our team are in the position we are in in the league?

We need players who WILL chase every ball....who WILL give their everything for the club.....who WONT p!ss and moan that a pass hasnt been made exactly where they wanted it (even though its proven that he wouldnt do anything with it anyway)
Posted by: ska face, April 13, 2021, 8:24pm; Reply: 22
If he’s just spent 45 minutes chasing speculative balls punted down the line, maybe he was blowing out his bottom & couldn’t physically get there? Certainly looked that way to me.
Posted by: Davec, April 13, 2021, 9:43pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from ska face
The ball was absolute dog, let’s be honest. Last minute of the half and he’s punting one down the line into the corner hoping Payne wins it the does something miraculous with it. Just give it to feet in the middle of the pitch ffs. Then Morais is still giving him grief as he’s walking away.

Two gobshites who need to be jettisoned.

The ball was not punted down the line into the corner.

The ball was a short ball probably intended for Payne to run onto it but the defender got it first, it probably needed more power on it than anything and even if Payne did chase it down the defender would still have got there first I think but atleast if he did chase it down it puts the defender under pressure

Posted by: Posh Harry, April 14, 2021, 7:11am; Reply: 24
Quoted from ska face
If he’s just spent 45 minutes chasing speculative balls punted down the line, maybe he was blowing out his bottom & couldn’t physically get there? Certainly looked that way to me.

Well he certainly seemed to have a little bit of energy left
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 12:43am