Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: GYinScuntland, April 6, 2021, 8:30pm
Played on a training pitch, yes I know the reasons but a game of this stature?
I'm a firm believer that fans still won't be allowed back next season either.
Is this the future, watching your team to the backdrop of the training pitch to save costs?
Would it matter to you even?
The backdrop of the ground even empty is all the fans have to cling onto and relate to and I can see this being taken away to save pennies.
Posted by: Hagrid, April 6, 2021, 8:38pm; Reply: 1
The Bernabau is being re developed
Posted by: Abdul19, April 6, 2021, 8:52pm; Reply: 2
And it's the B team ground.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, April 6, 2021, 9:11pm; Reply: 3
Town rarely pass as badly as Liverpool in the first half.  Real Madrid could have been 6-0 up, not just 2-0.

TAA very poor, giving one goal away and made another critical error.  Not likely for England then.

If Liverpool score they are right back in the tie.  There are now - scored this second!
Posted by: GollyGTFC, April 6, 2021, 9:34pm; Reply: 4
TAA has been the best right back in the world over the last 2 and a half years in my opinion. England are better with him in the team. If we don't pick him we're a poorer team for it and have less chance of doing well this summer.
Posted by: Heisenberg, April 6, 2021, 9:53pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from GollyGTFC
TAA has been the best right back in the world over the last 2 and a half years in my opinion. England are better with him in the team. If we don't pick him we're a poorer team for it and have less chance of doing well this summer.

I agree that TAA has been astounding for a couple of years now, but he has something in common with another great young European talent, Jason Sancho - he’s done nothing for England so far in his young career. Plenty of time to change that, but he’s not brought his Liverpool form onto the international scene as yet.
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, April 6, 2021, 10:01pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from GollyGTFC

TAA is a very good young player who has suffered a dip this season due to many reasons. Covid, all of the injuries Liverpool have had and burnout possibly.

I agree that for 18 months he was probably the best RB in the world. But that has only come from operating in a system built for full backs. When VVD is fit and Fabinho and Henderson are in midfield, TAA and Robertson can just fly forward knowing the space behind them will be covered.

Full backs love playing for Klopp. Look at the likes of Piszczek and Schmelzer who both looked world class under Klopp at Dortmund. Once Klopp left and the system changed, their deficiencies were shown up.

Would I have TAA in the England squad? Yes.

Would I start him? Probably not and definitely not in a knock out match. With Rice injured and Maguire and Stones at CB, TAA at RB would be too exposed.

Although Kyle Walker is an accident waiting to happen. I haven’t forgiven Trippier for limping off against Croatia (leaving us with ten men) and then playing in the 3rd place playoff a couple of days later. Reece James is even more raw than TAA.
Posted by: Heisenberg, April 6, 2021, 10:03pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Heisenberg

I agree that TAA has been astounding for a couple of years now, but he has something in common with another great young European talent, Jason Sancho - he’s done nothing for England so far in his young career. Plenty of time to change that, but he’s not brought his Liverpool form onto the international scene as yet.

Jason = Jadon, obviously.  Bloody phone!
Posted by: Heisenberg, April 6, 2021, 10:05pm; Reply: 8

TAA is a very good young player who has suffered a dip this season due to many reasons. Covid, all of the injuries Liverpool have had and burnout possibly.

I agree that for 18 months he was probably the best RB in the world. But that has only come from operating in a system built for full backs. When VVD is fit and Fabinho and Henderson are in midfield, TAA and Robertson can just fly forward knowing the space behind them will be covered.

Full backs love playing for Klopp. Look at the likes of Piszczek and Schmelzer who both looked world class under Klopp at Dortmund. Once Klopp left and the system changed, their deficiencies were shown up.

Would I start him? Probably not and definitely not in a knock out match. With Rice injured and Maguire and Stones at CB, TAA at RB would be too exposed.

Although Kyle Walker is an accident waiting to happen. I haven’t forgiven Trippier for limping off against Croatia (leaving us with ten men) and then playing in the 3rd place playoff a couple of days later. Reece James is even more raw than TAA.

If you want a defensive right back, what about Wan-Bissaka?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 6, 2021, 10:25pm; Reply: 9
A defensive right back?! What will they think of next?
Posted by: Poojah, April 6, 2021, 11:12pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from KingstonMariner
A defensive right back?! What will they think of next?

A goalkeeping goalkeeper?
Posted by: aldi_01, April 7, 2021, 10:32am; Reply: 11
Aren’t Real playing at the B team stadium whilst taking the current stadium closure opportunity to develop the bernebau? Not necessarily anything to do with Covid, rather taking the opportunity whilst it’s there ready for next season.

Liverpool were poor, the discussion can go on forever but in reality they were just very poor, Alison seems Teflon to criticism yet I thought he was Timmy chocolate wrists for the third and the passing from Liverpool was basic at best.

All to do in the second leg...
Posted by: Hagrid, April 7, 2021, 10:44am; Reply: 12
Quoted from aldi_01
Aren’t Real playing at the B team stadium whilst taking the current stadium closure opportunity to develop the bernebau? Not necessarily anything to do with Covid, rather taking the opportunity whilst it’s there ready for next season.

Liverpool were poor, the discussion can go on forever but in reality they were just very poor, Alison seems Teflon to criticism yet I thought he was Timmy chocolate wrists for the third and the passing from Liverpool was basic at best.

hope they dont

i watched city, dortmund impressed me, bellingham in particular, haaland is huge, city just have that knack of scoring when they need to most
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 7, 2021, 11:16am; Reply: 13
Quoted from Poojah

A goalkeeping goalkeeper?

Don’t be daft!
Posted by: Son of Cod, April 7, 2021, 2:05pm; Reply: 14

Trippier should start, absolute no brainer. Has been very good every time I've seen Atletico this season. His previous downfall was his defending, but one of the best defensive coaches in the world has him nailed on as his starting RB. That's good enough for me.
Posted by: Rick12, April 7, 2021, 2:30pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from aldi_01

Yes your right about the Bernebau. Once finished  its going to be spectacular.

I cant see Liverpool overturning Real Madrid in the second leg though. Saw the game last night on BT sport and loved watching them play. Modric is a beautiful player to watch .Stunning technician. Vincius Jr also is quality . Way he took the ball on his chest to score the first goal was class.
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 4:06am