Print Topic - Archive

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 6, 2021, 7:38pm

Believe it or not they are on a worse run of form than us.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-two/table

Home banker.
Posted by: Hagrid, March 6, 2021, 7:39pm; Reply: 1
Everyone is.

Then they play us
Posted by: Abdul19, March 6, 2021, 7:41pm; Reply: 2
2 seasons ago we were on a terrible run and went there. Won 1-0 with Hendrie scoring.

So could the same thing happen again?

No.
Posted by: DB, March 6, 2021, 7:41pm; Reply: 3
Let me get over today first
Posted by: ska face, March 6, 2021, 7:53pm; Reply: 4
We have a habit of turning bad runs around for teams.

I think Stevenage were 8 without a win when we went there and only scraped a point. Dagenham were bottom of the national league when they beat us in the FA Cup. Bolton had lost 6 of the 7 before us, we didn’t manage a shot on target. Scunthorpe had lost 5 of the 6 before they walked over us. Newport were 9 without a win before they beat us with 10 men. Orient 7 without a win and without a manager before they beat us at home. Now Forest Green have beaten us after conceding 3 each against Southend and Stevenage.

Honest to fcking Christ. One season, two píss poor squads, you couldn’t make it up.
Posted by: moosey_club, March 6, 2021, 8:16pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from ska face

I think Stevenage were 8 without a win when we went there and only scraped a point. Dagenham were bottom of the national league when they beat us in the FA Cup. Bolton had lost 6 of the 7 before us, we didn’t manage a shot on target. Scunthorpe had lost 5 of the 6 before they walked over us. Newport were 9 without a win before they beat us with 10 men. Orient 7 without a win and without a manager before they beat us at home. Now Forest Green have beaten us after conceding 3 each against Southend and Stevenage.

Honest to fcking Christ. One season, two píss poor squads, you couldn’t make it up.

if it hadnt already happened in 2009/10 i would think you had made it up.
Posted by: Eastendmariner, March 6, 2021, 8:30pm; Reply: 6
you right I thought Carlisle are struggling but then I saw we play them on Tuesday Problem solved
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 6, 2021, 8:37pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from promotion plaice

Home banker.

Banker for them on Tuesday then !
Posted by: Abdul19, March 6, 2021, 9:09pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from moosey_club

if it hadnt already happened in 2009/10 i would think you had made it up.

We've already lost 3 more games this season than we did in 09/10  :o
Posted by: marinerdazza, March 6, 2021, 9:24pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from ska face

Worst GTFC team(s) in history? Must be close.
Posted by: denni266, March 6, 2021, 10:20pm; Reply: 10
Whats our record low points,, could be heading for a new record
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, March 6, 2021, 10:40pm; Reply: 11
I never thought I’d see a worse team than the 2010 team but I’d confidently say they’d easily beat this lot . And they’d be drunk at ko
Posted by: Eastendmariner, March 6, 2021, 11:27pm; Reply: 12
We are on course for a record tally of defeats in a season I am afraid 29 in 47/48.

Since we arrived back in the league our defeat tally is 96  out of 255, nearly every season we run up over 20 games a season losing  ??)
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, March 6, 2021, 11:31pm; Reply: 13
The facts don’t lie
Posted by: Eastendmariner, March 7, 2021, 12:20am; Reply: 14
47/48 22 Points
50/51 28 points
54/55 43 Points
58/59 28 points
62/63 32 points
68/69 33 Points
77/78 33 points. All 2 points for a win

02/03 39 points 3 points a win
09/10  44 points won 9 DREW 17 LOST 20  RELEGATED TO CONFERENCE Darlington who finished bottom lost 32  ??)
Posted by: Eastendmariner, March 7, 2021, 12:21am; Reply: 15
54/55 was 34 points sorry  UTM :(
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, March 7, 2021, 1:20am; Reply: 16
Bromley should be a decent pub adventure
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, March 7, 2021, 1:23am; Reply: 17
And Sutton , and Maidenhead and .......
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 7, 2021, 3:25am; Reply: 18
Bromley was dead when we went there in 2016. Crap place for a drink.

Don’t know about Sutton, but at least I can hop on the 213 bus and get back quickly after a disappointing game.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, March 7, 2021, 9:10am; Reply: 19
I’ve got us at 5-1 to win on Tuesday
Gotta see a turn of fortunes soon.
Posted by: forza ivano, March 7, 2021, 11:15am; Reply: 20
was delivering to a house next door to Wealdstone's ground last week. Jeez , we will struggle to get a decent pint there.is in the middle of suburban desert
Posted by: TAGG, March 7, 2021, 11:18am; Reply: 21
Thank fook I'm at work.
Posted by: bobbyturtle, March 7, 2021, 12:24pm; Reply: 22
Our bad run has to end at some point
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 7, 2021, 12:32pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Eastendmariner
54/55 was 34 points sorry  UTM :(

55/56 we then got promoted. 8)

My first full season.
Posted by: Grimal, March 7, 2021, 9:53pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from bobbyturtle
Our bad run has to end at some point

4.45pm ,8th May  I'd imagine.  :(

Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, March 7, 2021, 10:02pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from grimsby pete

55/56 we then got promoted. 8)

My first full season.

Glory supporter 😃
Posted by: DB, March 8, 2021, 2:58am; Reply: 26
I'm just about over Saturday, not really, but another game. So it's a win for me with the hope that Bunny, Waterfall and Green don't even travel.

Whatever team Hurst puts out he needs some creativity in midfield which is where we seem to fail. Matete does ok but the others were poor again on Saturday not setting up any meaningful attacks nor defence.

Hanson and JLL didn't gel too good up front but they were the best pairing we've had so far. Apart from the performance overall was better than the previous 3 games, couldn't get worse, I'm still trying to think of something positive to look forward to on Tuesday.

Perhaps it was John Tondeur's commentary, he seems to have improved no end, certainly better than the 'bus' man at Harrogate!

A definite win for me, it has to be, and goals from anybody. Hopefully The Shop will break his duck for us.

UTM

Just watched the Carlisle Morecambe game, Carlisle's defending is worse than ours and it was a lucky goal they got. It's a win for us without a doubt.
Posted by: DB, March 8, 2021, 7:09pm; Reply: 27
Hursts prematch with GT wasn't awe inspiring.

“If there is a lack of confidence in their group, playing against a team at the bottom of the league, they’d probably go into it thinking it’s a good chance.

“If things aren’t quite going their way, maybe that can highlight that further, but we just have to be prepared to roll our sleeves up and have a real go again.

“You can never ask more than that from players, as much as we’d all want to have everything perfect, what you can ask for is the effort there.

“That’s what we need to do, and that’s a big strength of Carlisle’s. The intensity they play at, the energy levels, and we’ve got to try our best to at least match that.

“If not, it’ll be a tough night for us.”

I would ask the players to have ago for a first time, never mind again. Match Carlisle's intensity and energy levels. I have never heard so much dejection and excuse before a match. If he expects those words to appease the dross his teams have dished up and motivate the players he brought in. Then I can only believe he thinks they lost before they kick a ball.
HURST OUT NOW

Ps. I'm still hoping for a win !
UTM
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, March 8, 2021, 7:27pm; Reply: 28
Carlisle fans not hopeful......
Posted by: DB, March 8, 2021, 7:31pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Carlisle fans not hopeful......

They haven't read what Hurst said.
Posted by: smokey111, March 8, 2021, 9:35pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from DB
Let me get over today first

Come on DB. You usually give me a lift!!!!! Will the optimism begin tomorrow morning????
Posted by: GrimRob, March 8, 2021, 10:22pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from promotion plaice

Home banker.

Don't give me hope!
Posted by: DB, March 8, 2021, 10:53pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from smokey111

Come on DB. You usually give me a lift!!!!! Will the optimism begin tomorrow morning????

Just for you, a repeat of an early morning post :-

"I'm just about over Saturday, not really, but another game. So it's a win for me with the hope that Bunny, Waterfall and Green don't even travel.

Whatever team Hurst puts out he needs some creativity in midfield which is where we seem to fail. Matete does ok but the others were poor again on Saturday not setting up any meaningful attacks nor defence.

Hanson and JLL didn't gel too good up front but they were the best pairing we've had so far. Apart from the performance overall was better than the previous 3 games, couldn't get worse, I'm still trying to think of something positive to look forward to on Tuesday.

Perhaps it was John Tondeur's commentary, he seems to have improved no end, certainly better than the 'bus' man at Harrogate!

A definite win for me, it has to be, and goals from anybody. Hopefully The Shop will break his duck for us.

UTM

Just watched the Carlisle Morecambe game, Carlisle's defending is worse than ours and it was a lucky goal they got. It's a win for us without a doubt."

Of course we're gong to win Smokie, no problem. Just don't know how!

UTM
Posted by: DB, March 8, 2021, 10:55pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from GrimRob

Don't give me hope!

Bob Hope's dead so we might have some hope.

3 points coming our way and the start of a revival
Posted by: DB, March 9, 2021, 9:56am; Reply: 34
Well tonight's the night as the actress said to the Prince. Are we going to score?
Posted by: pontoonlew, March 9, 2021, 11:15am; Reply: 35
I don't know why I do it to myself every week (twice at the minute) but looking back on Saturday there were causes for hope. If you take away the refereeing performance and the fact Hurst ballsed up every sub, on the pitch we were far far better than the previous 3 games. The table after the game and the fact we should've got at least a point probably took away from that fact somewhat.

I really hope Hurst has seen the improvement and doesn't change too much from that XI, obviously Mizouni is out and if he puts Joe Bunney in that position I'll probably not even bother watching. It's awfully frustrating to think Hurst might do that, but history suggests Hurst doesn't like pacey wingers, so Adams & Lamy may not be the obvious replacement that we all think (hope) they might be.
Posted by: oochiad, March 9, 2021, 11:24am; Reply: 36
I’ll be paying up even though I said I wouldn’t. I did see a glimmer of hope on Saturday plus my ex’s family support Carlisle do it’d be rude not to hope they get put to the slaughter.....😂😂 Come on you town!!! Please please please!! UTM!!!
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, March 9, 2021, 11:26am; Reply: 37
Quoted from pontoonlew
I don't know why I do it to myself every week (twice at the minute) but looking back on Saturday there were causes for hope. If you take away the refereeing performance and the fact Hurst ballsed up every sub, on the pitch we were far far better than the previous 3 games. The table after the game and the fact we should've got at least a point probably took away from that fact somewhat.

I really hope Hurst has seen the improvement and doesn't change too much from that XI, obviously Mizouni is out and if he puts Joe Bunney in that position I'll probably not even bother watching. It's awfully frustrating to think Hurst might do that, but history suggests Hurst doesn't like pacey wingers, so Adams & Lamy may not be the obvious replacement that we all think (hope) they might be.

If you're having to do it to yourself twice a week I'd give Tinder a go....
Posted by: pontoonlew, March 9, 2021, 11:46am; Reply: 38

If you're having to do it to yourself twice a week I'd give Tinder a go....

With the amount of Saturdays and Tuesdays I ruin for my girlfriend at the minute there's every chance I'll have to!
Posted by: smokey111, March 9, 2021, 12:15pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from DB

Just for you, a repeat of an early morning post :-

"I'm just about over Saturday, not really, but another game. So it's a win for me with the hope that Bunny, Waterfall and Green don't even travel.

UTM

Just watched the Carlisle Morecambe game, Carlisle's defending is worse than ours and it was a lucky goal they got. It's a win for us without a doubt."

Of course we're gong to win Smokie, no problem. Just don't know how!

UTM

It is midday and I am already convinced we can nick a 1-0 tonight.
Posted by: Humbercod, March 9, 2021, 12:47pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from DB

“If there is a lack of confidence in their group, playing against a team at the bottom of the league, they’d probably go into it thinking it’s a good chance.

“If things aren’t quite going their way, maybe that can highlight that further, but we just have to be prepared to roll our sleeves up and have a real go again.

“You can never ask more than that from players, as much as we’d all want to have everything perfect, what you can ask for is the effort there.

“That’s what we need to do, and that’s a big strength of Carlisle’s. The intensity they play at, the energy levels, and we’ve got to try our best to at least match that.

I would ask the players to have ago for a first time, never mind again. Match Carlisle's intensity and energy levels. I have never heard so much dejection and excuse before a match. If he expects those words to appease the dross his teams have dished up and motivate the players he brought in. Then I can only believe he thinks they lost before they kick a ball.
HURST OUT NOW

UTM

Hurst bigging up the opposition shock!
Sooner he’s gone DB the better.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 9, 2021, 2:14pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from DB

HURST OUT NOW

UTM

Hurst never was one to try to whip up a storm now was he. What did you expect. At least now we are the division's whipping boys, so every other team is a real threat, unlike when we were in the Conference.
Posted by: fishcake63, March 9, 2021, 2:30pm; Reply: 42
in our position the next game is the most important , can we get a result at a bang out of form carlisle , nearly as bang out of form than us , lose tonight & i honestly fear for my sanity , bangs head against wall
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 11:26am