Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Yoda, March 6, 2021, 4:51pm
Save all the stress we are down cannot score cannot defend.
We are down furlough the dead wood play the kids and save the money for the conference.

And there’s a lot of deadwood.
Posted by: geir, March 6, 2021, 5:00pm; Reply: 1
Yeah... I have lost hope now too.

Does anyone know if there will be an IFollow in the conference? Would like to watch the team there too.
Posted by: Hagrid, March 6, 2021, 5:01pm; Reply: 2
When it flashed up Barrow Goal on Ifollow. That was it for me, to my stomach i feel sick. Do we deserve this
Posted by: forza ivano, March 6, 2021, 5:02pm; Reply: 3
i accepted it a month or so ago. It's like being on an icy slope - every week, at best, we stay in the same place, but mostly we just slip a little bit further down the slope, whilst others are clinging on or climbing away
Posted by: Plankton, March 6, 2021, 5:04pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from geir

Does anyone know if there will be an IFollow in the conference? Would like to watch the team there too.

No, it's only for the football league.
Posted by: jungleland, March 6, 2021, 5:06pm; Reply: 5
Not sure I can stomach the national league again
Posted by: chipsandgravy, March 6, 2021, 5:09pm; Reply: 6
Absolutely dead in the water now. The only very small crumb of comfort is that the new guys will dismantle the current set up and re-build with a new management and coaching set up, new Chief Exec., new frigging everything else and purge the  club of everything that it represents now!!
Posted by: 28195 (Guest), March 6, 2021, 5:09pm; Reply: 7
I’m already in the National League, not even gutted we lost today.
Posted by: Humbercod, March 6, 2021, 5:12pm; Reply: 8
It’s ok everybody we’ll be fine we’ve got Hurst next season💪
Posted by: DB, March 6, 2021, 5:12pm; Reply: 9
The Barrow game is the crunch match for me, It really is more than 6 points.
Posted by: kafunanapar140909, March 6, 2021, 5:12pm; Reply: 10
You know how they say you can tell a promotion team by the way they can play poorly yet still grind out a win? Obviously the exact reverse is true. We were better today for large parts than we've been in a while, but did anybody really see us getting anything from the match?
Posted by: cmackenzie4, March 6, 2021, 5:13pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from forza ivano
i accepted it a month or so ago. It's like being on an icy slope - every week, at best, we stay in the same place, but mostly we just slip a little bit further down the slope, whilst others are clinging on or climbing away

That’s how I feel too.
Posted by: Perkins, March 6, 2021, 5:19pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from chipsandgravy
Absolutely dead in the water now. The only very small crumb of comfort is that the new guys will dismantle the current set up and re-build with a new management and coaching set up, new Chief Exec., new frigging everything else and purge the  club of everything that it represents now!!

I doubt it, wasn't it the new owners who wanted Hurst back?
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, March 6, 2021, 5:20pm; Reply: 13
How many seasons have we at flirted with NL in the last few years?  I do lose track.  4, 5 or 6 seasons?

This season is not a one-off.

(Ignore the old re-election seasons).
Posted by: MuddyWaters, March 6, 2021, 5:24pm; Reply: 14
One pre season game, two squads, more players than you could ever imagine and a crushing inevitability.

This absolutely stinks, wreaks of sixteen years of penny pinching ineptitude.
Posted by: geir, March 6, 2021, 6:49pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Plankton

No, it's only for the football league.

Thank you for clearing that one up. I will really, really miss watching Town play. Guess it will be back to radio for me then.
Damned...

Posted by: forza ivano, March 6, 2021, 6:52pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from geir

Thank you for clearing that one up. I will really, really miss watching Town play. Guess it will be back to radio for me then.
Damned...

don't despair we will be on bt sport fairly regulalry!
Posted by: Sammo, March 6, 2021, 7:00pm; Reply: 17
Tuesday night was the first time I thought we might do down, today with Barrow winning I feel we will go down. Plenty of football to be played but I can’t shake off feeling we are now doomed.
Posted by: Stockport Mariner, March 6, 2021, 7:29pm; Reply: 18
We don’t look like winning do we. We aren’t creating any chances and we are too easy to score against. Even when we equalised today you always felt that FGR could step up a gear and get a winner if they wanted. And this is a side who lost 3-1 at home to Southend.
Posted by: Eastendmariner, March 6, 2021, 7:45pm; Reply: 19
One pre season game, two squads, more players than you could ever imagine and a crushing inevitability.

This absolutely stinks, wreaks of sixteen years of penny pinching ineptitude.

Exactly Holloway was part of the scam but it's been going on for a very long time, No long term plan,no retainment of influencel, players and no long term investment,No real ambition.

Even in the 70's this club was better run, had a solid youth policy to develop talent and was respected

Now just a laughing stock shame on you Grimsby Town Board Shame on YOU
Posted by: Bigdog, March 6, 2021, 7:54pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from DB
The Barrow game is the crunch match for me, It really is more than 6 points.

Never in my wildest 20th century GTFC dreams did I ever think that we'd be having a crunch game with Barrow at any time in the 21st century..
Posted by: Ashby mariner, March 6, 2021, 8:00pm; Reply: 21
I'm sat watching the national league highlights on bt sport with Josh Gowling presenting it. It's a crying shame that it looks nailed on we will be featuring on there come August.
Posted by: Heswall Mariner, March 6, 2021, 8:05pm; Reply: 22
It really doesn't matter now - the mighty Barrow are 5 points clear of us with a far superior goal difference having played the same number of games. We have to win both games in hand to even overtake Saffend.
We don't win games.
We are are rock bottom for a reason - we are the worst team in the FL.
It really hurts to say this after 60 + years supporting Town.
Posted by: Teestogreen, March 6, 2021, 8:16pm; Reply: 23
Even though I have accepted we are down - there are enough games for PH to get our reasonable players to prove this inevitability wrong.
UTM
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 6, 2021, 8:39pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Teestogreen
Even though I have accepted we are down - there are enough games for PH to get our reasonable players to prove this inevitability wrong.
UTM

On the basis of what I’ve seen I’m struggling with the “reasonable players” bit.
Posted by: GG, March 7, 2021, 2:21pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from geir

I think the majority of clubs have their own independent streams and charge £12 per game. King's Lynn, Woking and Notts County definitely do.
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 7, 2021, 2:29pm; Reply: 26
My head tells me we are down.

My heart tells me we are not down while there are enough points there to keep us up.

To be honest I am fed up of them arguing all the time.

No wonder I have got indigestion.

My gut agrees with my head by the way.
Posted by: arryarryarry, March 7, 2021, 2:46pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from GG

I think the majority of clubs have their own independent streams and charge £12 per game. King's Lynn, Woking and Notts County definitely do.

Is that since fans weren't allowed into grounds or have they been doing it prior to that?
Posted by: GG, March 7, 2021, 2:56pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from arryarryarry

Is that since fans weren't allowed into grounds or have they been doing it prior to that?

No idea although I believe some would continue it as it is a nice little earner for the clubs. I know King's Lynn made over £14k for their home game against Notts County.
Posted by: geir, March 7, 2021, 3:20pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from GG

All hope of watching games in the conference is not completely out of the question then. Thank you for giving me a glimmer of hope. I am used to this television coverage now and it would be terrible to lose it. Hopefully, the new owners (allegedly) will be future-thinking and offensive when it comes to things like this.
Posted by: Grimal, March 7, 2021, 7:12pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from GG

Boston United have their own streaming called InPlayer, it's very good with no glitches and runs along side Radio Lincolnshire. @ £7.99 per game. I've also watched their away games and several of NL use insight4 ,also very good streaming service. I personally have had no problem watching all Town matches with iFollow since changing to Chrome.

Posted by: RonMariner, March 8, 2021, 6:55pm; Reply: 31
Well at least we will be spared the cruelty of a last day relegation. My Sheffield United supporting pal was telling about the time when, on the last day of the season they were 5 places above the relegation zone. To go down they would need to lose and all five teams below them win. They conceded an 85th minute penalty and lost, and of course all 5 of the teams below them won and they went down.  
Posted by: DB, March 8, 2021, 8:42pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from Bigdog

Never in my wildest 20th century GTFC dreams did I ever think that we'd be having a crunch game with Barrow at any time in the 21st century..

With current situation if we don't beat Barrow were down, Southend are as good as so it's us or Barrow. Barrow next week is very much a 6 point crunch match and it's taking place in the 21stC
Posted by: cod_head_doug, March 8, 2021, 9:25pm; Reply: 33
Oh Yea of Little Faith.
We are Grimsby Town !!
We don't do things the easy way.
We have now given everyone a head start, it is now time to show what we have got in the locker.
We are not dead until we are mathematically dead.
Keep the faith, its all we have left
Don't give up, where there is life there is hope.
I think we are just lulling Barrow and Southend in to a false sense of security.
We are about to go on a winning run of epic proportions.
I will be dancing outside Blundell Park when we pull off the great escape.
UTMM - don't underestimate the power of positive thinking.
Posted by: RonMariner, March 8, 2021, 10:27pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from cod_head_doug
Oh Yea of Little Faith.
We are Grimsby Town !!
We have now given everyone a head start, it is now time to show what we have got in the locker.
I think we are just lulling Barrow and Southend in to a false sense of security.

I suggest you get down the bookies and put a stash on us staying up then.
Posted by: DB, March 8, 2021, 11:00pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from cod_head_doug
Oh Yea of Little Faith.
We are Grimsby Town !!

Brilliant, positive optimism at it's best. Couldn't agree more
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 1:14pm