Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /    /  
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, March 6, 2021, 4:34pm
One man has done this, taking his £250k Trust money?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 6, 2021, 4:52pm; Reply: 1
Pretty much so. His chums don’t agree.
Posted by: TAGG, March 6, 2021, 4:55pm; Reply: 2
Ffs
Is it not bad enough on a match day.

We don't need reminding every flipping time we play.

flipping leave it out for now.
Posted by: LH, March 6, 2021, 5:00pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from TAGG
Ffs
Is it not bad enough on a match day.

We don't need reminding every flipping time we play.

flipping leave it out for now.

It is absolutely the time. The bloke should never show his face at BP ever again - better still move flipping miles away!
Posted by: denni266, March 6, 2021, 5:12pm; Reply: 4
I dont think fenty is going to get his money  ,, we are down and the 3 amigoe`s are not going to pay 2 1/2 mill for a non league club ,Thats my guess  as its going to cost another same ammount to get us back in to the league , and thats not guaranteed
Posted by: Humbercod, March 6, 2021, 5:13pm; Reply: 5
intercourse off this is now on cuppy!
Posted by: DB, March 6, 2021, 5:15pm; Reply: 6
If they deal doesn't go through guess who'll still own the club??????????????

We badly need them to own the club or National League North??
Posted by: jungleland, March 6, 2021, 5:15pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Humbercod

What ?
Posted by: Hagrid, March 6, 2021, 5:17pm; Reply: 8
I hope you never show your face here again.

Im sure you’re on the blower to Rob right now crying John

You’re a girl private. I hate you
Posted by: psgmariner, March 6, 2021, 5:23pm; Reply: 9
New board chose hurst didn’t they?
Posted by: LH, March 6, 2021, 5:25pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from psgmariner

That is what we were told by the current ownership yes.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, March 6, 2021, 5:26pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from psgmariner

Old board chose to buy the Holloway dream.
Posted by: marinerdazza, March 6, 2021, 5:31pm; Reply: 12
I have to admit, I’d be trying my hardest to pull the plug if I was halfway through a deal to buy the club.
Posted by: Yoda, March 6, 2021, 5:32pm; Reply: 13
I was begging ten years ago for a fans boycott to force fenty out.
But all the happy clappers kept backing the moron.

How he stayed after our relegation is BEYOND belief he should of been forced out then.
Posted by: Plankton, March 6, 2021, 5:46pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Yoda

How he stayed after our relegation is BEYOND belief he should of been forced out then.

What was the other option? Fold the club due to bankruptcy and be relegated to oblivion? - Not disagreeing, just trying to see what other options we had.
Posted by: friskneymariner, March 6, 2021, 5:51pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Yoda

Agree with Yoda, the Happy Clappers have a lot to answer for .For a couple of seasons anyone who knew anything about the game could see where we were heading.This hasn't happened over 1-2 seasons it has been a long slow process.Whilst some of us were getting slated for pointing this out. People have now woken up to the fact the King has got no clothes.
Posted by: Bigdog, March 6, 2021, 5:52pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Yoda

It was exactly a year earlier for me. Allowing himself to be carried shoulders aloft at Bournemouth. The die was well and truly cast then. I can clearly remember how ashamed and angry I was for an owner of our club to behave in that way setting the success bar so low, which at that point in time was at the end of the most embarrassing season in our history.. Little did I know that it would get much worse, and much worse for such a sustained amount of time..
Posted by: RonMariner, March 6, 2021, 6:10pm; Reply: 17
Can't be many owners who have managed to get chucked out of the EFL twice.

At the end of the day he must know that it is all his fault. He has made a succession of managerial choices the cumulative effect of which has destroyed us.

False economies have cost the club millions.

I really want the new owners to buy the club, but part of me thinks it is totally unjust for him to walk away with £2.5 million given what he has reduced the club to.

Perhaps he might consider doing the decent thing and returning those 200,000 shares to the Trust. If he truly cared about the club he might consider writing off some of those loans too, to help finance the squad rebuild that is so necessary given his disastrous stewardship of the club.
Posted by: jungleland, March 6, 2021, 6:11pm; Reply: 18
Does Fenty & his cohorts still attend matches ?
Posted by: Yoda, March 6, 2021, 6:16pm; Reply: 19
No he’s in his rat hole somewhere
Posted by: RexFannies, March 6, 2021, 6:19pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from RonMariner

At the end of the day he must know that it is all his fault. He has made a succession of managerial choices the cumulative effect of which has destroyed us.

I really want the new owners to buy the club, but part of me thinks it is totally unjust for him to walk away with £2.5 million given what he has reduced the club to.

Perhaps he might consider doing the decent thing and returning those 200,000 shares to the Trust. If he truly cared about the club he might consider writing off some of those loans too, to help finance the squad rebuild that is so necessary given his disastrous stewardship of the club.

Without Luton’s points deduction he’d be on a hatrick

Posted by: MuddyWaters, March 6, 2021, 6:21pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Bigdog

It was exactly a year earlier for me. Allowing himself to be carried shoulders aloft at Bournemouth. The die was well and truly cast then. I can clearly remember how ashamed and angry I was for an owner of our club to behave in that way, which at that point in time was the at the end of the most embarrassing season in our history.. Little did I know that it would get much worse, and much worse for such a sustained amount of time..

Totally agree. So many cringeworthy episodes, Bournemouth, tipping juice over Slade, flag breaking, telling Lincoln what to do (!), interrupting Bogle’s interview at Wembley, Fans Forums, chavvy interviews, you can go on forever. Actually feels like it has gone on forever. The last third of my GTFC life has been excrement because of you, John Fenty.
Posted by: ginnywings, March 6, 2021, 6:26pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from marinerdazza
I have to admit, I’d be trying my hardest to pull the plug if I was halfway through a deal to buy the club.

Why?

They knew it was a possibility that we would be relegated. They even tried to enter a clause for it, which was the sticking point in negotiations for a while. They eventually decided to pay JF what he wanted whatever league we were going to be in.

They will take over, JF will walk away with all his money back and we will likely start the new reign as a non league club.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, March 6, 2021, 6:27pm; Reply: 23
The way they've run the club its felt like the death by a thousand cuts, a decade and half long slow motion car crash.

Sycophants and happy clappers have propt up a dead on arrival regime for far too long, but at long last there is light at the end of the tunnel, even if it means we have to reboot the club again in the national  league.

This excrement show of a season is the incumbents death rattle, we get our club back next year,  and for me it's a fresh start and a blank page. I'm looking forward to  it.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, March 6, 2021, 6:33pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
The way they've run the club its felt like the death by a thousand cuts, a decade and half long slow motion car crash.

Sycophants and happy clappers have propt up a dead on arrival regime for far too long, but at long last there is light at the end of the tunnel, even if it means we have to reboot the club again in the national  league.

This excrement show of a season is the incumbents death rattle, we get our club back next year,  and for me it's a fresh start and a blank page. I'm looking forward to  it.

We get our club back but at what price? This didn’t need to happen. This shouldn’t have been allowed to happen.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 6, 2021, 6:36pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Humbercod

Really?
Posted by: psgmariner, March 6, 2021, 6:38pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Really?

3 points clear when he took over.

What does it take for people to apportion some blame on Hurst?

It’s the Fenty happy clappy thing all over again.

Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, March 6, 2021, 6:40pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from MuddyWaters

We get our club back but at what price? This didn’t need to happen. This shouldn’t have been allowed to happen.

This is true, but he wouldn't sell would he, nobody was willing to go full boycott so we limped on season after season.

I think we just all need to come together next year and blow the bloody doors off the national league. This is not the end, it wouldn't have been the end even if we forced the club into administration and had to start again  in the Northern League. We go again next year.
Posted by: BlackandWhiteBarmy2, March 6, 2021, 6:50pm; Reply: 28
You only have to look at todays match to see the full Fenty effect.

We beat Forest Green in the play off final, they had to wait until the next year. Yet after todays match they are in the top three of league 2 and we are rock bottom. Dale Vince may be a bit of a male private BUT he has supported his club and his manager and nurtured them. We are going back to the National League. When we got promoted we let our top scorer go, we let a manager go because the board (Fenty) weren't prepared to shell out for an extra member of the back room team. We sold our prize asset, something that had always been the plan since we bought him. We have had four managers and yet Forest Greens manager was appointed, although not in charge, when we played that play off final.

The man in control of the purse strings and the future of our club has let us go to rack and ruin for want of a few quid.
Posted by: marinerdazza, March 6, 2021, 6:54pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from ginnywings

Why?

They knew it was a possibility that we would be relegated. They even tried to enter a clause for it, which was the sticking point in negotiations for a while. They eventually decided to pay JF what he wanted whatever league we were going to be in.

They will take over, JF will walk away with all his money back and we will likely start the new reign as a non league club.

Allegiances aside, they’re paying massively over the odds.
Posted by: Plankton, March 6, 2021, 7:14pm; Reply: 30
It's a sickening feeling that this man may get 2.5 million following 17 years of decline under his leadership. I honestly cannot see how the club is being valued at what it is unless there's massive room for manouvere in a future ground, expansion of income potential and government funding.

What happens if the buyers pull out, JF decides to leave and we can't fund the club?
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 6, 2021, 7:20pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Plankton
It's a sickening feeling that this man may get 2.5 million following 17 years of decline under his leadership. I honestly cannot see how the club is being valued at what it is unless there's massive room for manouvere in a future ground, expansion of income potential and government funding.

What happens if the buyers pull out, JF decides to leave and we can't fund the club?

It's a benign loan (allegedly) so we should end up being debt free if JF leaves and keeps his promise.

A very attractive club for future investors I would suggest.

Posted by: Plankton, March 6, 2021, 7:23pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from promotion plaice

It's a benign loan (allegedly) so we should end up being debt free if JF leaves and keeps his promise.

Thank you, that's very interesting. It doesn't seem an implausible situation that any potential buyers may wait for such a time.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 6, 2021, 7:29pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from marinerdazza

Allegiances aside, they’re paying massively over the odds.

On the face of it I’d agree but they’re looking long term and all being well “long term”’ means playing our home games back in Grimsby 🤞
Posted by: BlackandWhiteBarmy2, March 6, 2021, 9:07pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from promotion plaice

It's quite obviously not a benign loan as Fenty refused to sell the club without it being repaid. If the buyers pull out Fenty will not relinquish his shares (ownership) of the club without that £2.5m being repaid to him. We will never be debt free until that money is paid to him. He is not just going to walk away.

Posted by: mariner91, March 6, 2021, 9:25pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from RonMariner

And maybe, if I ask her nicely, Margot Robbie will shag me
Posted by: bawarmy, March 6, 2021, 9:56pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Totally agree. So many cringeworthy episodes, Bournemouth, tipping juice over Slade, flag breaking, telling Lincoln what to do (!), interrupting Bogle’s interview at Wembley, Fans Forums, chavvy interviews, you can go on forever. Actually feels like it has gone on forever. The last third of my GTFC life has been excrement because of you, John Fenty.

Him singing the Bogle song wrong and badly at Wembley took the gloss off the day for me.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 7, 2021, 3:22am; Reply: 37
If the deal breaks down we should boycott the club. If we go bust we get to start from scratch without that monkey on our backs.

The guy’s got no self-awareness and consequently no shame.
Posted by: buckstown, March 7, 2021, 9:11am; Reply: 38
JF's stewardship of our club has been done using our old family motto "why do a job properly in 60 seconds when you can bodge it up completely in 45?"
In general the fans have supported his managerial choices but they can't all be bad can they? They operate on shoestring budgets, get fired and a the next one comes in and rebuilds, albeit at a cost. Of course the money comes from two sources, more JF loans which make the club harder to sell, or decreased profit meaning the loans can't be repaid.
You'd think after 10 years the penny would have dropped, just get it right first time. But no we just carry on doing the same thing year after year. Trouble is this year we got it wrong in royal proportions
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 6:11pm