Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Teestogreen, March 4, 2021, 7:17pm
This guy has proven that he can help Town previously.
Can’t understand his team selections and reticence for changing systems / personnel in the last game.
But I’ve seen this before with him - and he has generally got us climbing the league.
Stick rather than twist I say.
UTM

Posted by: Humbercod, March 4, 2021, 7:21pm; Reply: 1
Hurst out
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, March 4, 2021, 7:25pm; Reply: 2
Hurst shake it all about
Posted by: DB, March 4, 2021, 7:25pm; Reply: 3
Don't know what your on but it's better than my red wine.
Posted by: thefish, March 4, 2021, 7:32pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from DB
Don't know what your on but it's better than my red wine.

And that’s what it’s all about...!

Oh, we’re staying up...
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 4, 2021, 7:34pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
Hurst shake it all about

You do the hokey cokey
And you turn it all around
That's what it's all about   :o  

Woah, the hokey cokey
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 4, 2021, 7:38pm; Reply: 6
I don’t think we’re staying up but we should keep faith in Hurst the last thing we need is another managerial change.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 4, 2021, 7:41pm; Reply: 7
You put your left back in
Your left back out
In out in out
And change the squad about

You set up to nullify the opposition
And you keep us shape
That’s what we’re about at this club
Chris and me have been keeping tabs on their number 8
And we know he can hurt you
So you’ve got to make sure we’re not outnumbered in midfield,
Do you expect me to answer that John?

[the last bit may need a bit more work]
Posted by: Teestogreen, March 4, 2021, 7:42pm; Reply: 8
Nothing to do with staying up - I’m accepting of relegation - due to the the dream team pre Christmas and pre pre that. I think Paul’s appointment had relegation prepared for - otherwise he wouldn’t have taken the contract on offer.
I think swallow the pill and look forward to better times 😀😀🤙
UTM
Posted by: DB, March 4, 2021, 7:43pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from thefish

And that’s what it’s all about...!

Oh, we’re staying up...

You must have been reading my posts
Posted by: DB, March 4, 2021, 7:44pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Teestogreen
Nothing to do with staying up - I’m accepting of relegation - due to the the dream team pre Christmas and pre pre that. I think Paul’s appointment had relegation prepared for - otherwise he wouldn’t have taken the contract on offer.
I think swallow the pill and look forward to better times 😀😀🤙
UTM

Not till in certain, and it's not.    yet
Posted by: DB, March 4, 2021, 7:46pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I don’t think we’re staying up but we should keep faith in Hurst the last thing we need is another managerial change.

The last thing we need is relegation
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 4, 2021, 7:52pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from DB

The last thing we need is relegation

No sh1t.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 4, 2021, 8:00pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from HertsGTFC

No sh1t.

“You don’t wanna do that.”
Posted by: Son of Cod, March 4, 2021, 8:01pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Your left back out
In out in out

And you keep us shape

Surely it's "put us left back/leg in"?
Posted by: Son of Cod, March 4, 2021, 8:04pm; Reply: 15
And "woooah it's Hurst and Cokey!"
Posted by: psgmariner, March 4, 2021, 8:23pm; Reply: 16
6 years of never threatening to the win the conference ahead - woo yeah go hursty!
Posted by: arryarryarry, March 4, 2021, 11:11pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I don't understand comments like this, if you think we are going down what difference will it make if we change manager.

If we go down I wouldn't want Paul Hurst anywhere near the club.
Posted by: ginnywings, March 4, 2021, 11:26pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from arryarryarry

I don't understand comments like this, if you think we are going down what difference will it make if we change manager.

If we go down I wouldn't want Paul Hurst anywhere near the club.

And I don't understand this comment. It's merely conjecture at this point that we will go down and perhaps the people that employed PH have more faith in him than some of the fans do. There is also no guarantee that a new manager would fare any better. In fact, the evidence is that we would get worse, as we have done slowly but surely since Hurst left.

I also don't understand why you would want to get rid of a manager with a proven record in non league. Four play off appearances and 2 play off finals is pretty good going, and I say that as someone who isn't a big fan of his.

Posted by: Hagrid, March 4, 2021, 11:29pm; Reply: 19
Discuss this end of season. For what its worth id keep him regardless. And i dont think people Are quite understanding the magnitude of what PH has got to do here. This club stinks to the core. In 8 weeks he’s had to change our whole squad, listen to his interview tuesday. Its a man who cares, wants to do the best for us and himself.

Rather hurst than holloway, slade, bignot.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 4, 2021, 11:32pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Son of Cod

Surely it's "put us left back/leg in"?

😂👍👏
Posted by: arryarryarry, March 4, 2021, 11:42pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from ginnywings

And I don't understand this comment. It's merely conjecture at this point that we will go down and perhaps the people that employed PH have more faith in him than some of the fans do. There is also no guarantee that a new manager would fare any better. In fact, the evidence is that we would get worse, as we have done slowly but surely since Hurst left.

I also don't understand why you would want to get rid of a manager with a proven record in non league. Four play off appearances and 2 play off finals is pretty good going, and I say that as someone who isn't a big fan of his.

The only record I would be interested in would be getting out of the National League, it means diddly squat to get to a final / semi-final and lose, ask any Wrexham fan.

I don't fancy the prospect of spending at least another 4 years getting out of there if we go down.

And what is the likelyhood of finding another Amond and Bogle in the same season?
Posted by: ginnywings, March 4, 2021, 11:56pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from arryarryarry

The only record I would be interested in would be getting out of the National League, it means diddly squat to get to a final / semi-final and lose, ask any Wrexham fan.

I don't fancy the prospect of spending at least another 4 years getting out of there if we go down.

And what is the likelyhood of finding another Amond and Bogle in the same season?

With only one guaranteed promotion slot, getting to the play offs is better than not getting to the play offs surely? You have to be in them to lose them.

Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 5, 2021, 7:33am; Reply: 23
Quoted from arryarryarry

I have one question, did you go to the play off finals?

Also if we go down it won’t be the fault of if the manager who’s in the hot seat in May it’s the fault of Fenty for nearly 2 decades of apathy and topping it with letting Holloway run riot with his stupidity unchecked.

Hurst was recruited for 2 reasons the first to try and keep us up and the second he’s a proven promotion winning National League Manager.
Posted by: Humbercod, March 5, 2021, 8:39am; Reply: 24
Quoted from Hagrid
In 8 weeks he’s had to change our whole squad,

He hasn’t had to change the whole squad though has he?
This it what Hurst wants you to think but it’s simply not the reality.
Posted by: golfer, March 5, 2021, 8:39am; Reply: 25
Your left back out
In out in out

And you keep us shape

Oh Kingston, that was diabolically diabolical - suggest you download the App." Poetry made simple for kids in 500 easy lessons whilst watching a football match "
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, March 5, 2021, 8:51am; Reply: 26
2 from 3 teams probably to go down.  We should be concentrating all our energies on being the team above the line at the end of the season.  This is the only show in town.  Nothing else matters,  nothing should distract from this.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, March 5, 2021, 9:19am; Reply: 27
*cut,copy,paste...*

17 games to go. 50+ points available. 2 games in hand over the teams above us.

We are not relegated yet.
Posted by: arryarryarry, March 5, 2021, 12:18pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I have one question, did you go to the play off finals?

Also if we go down it won’t be the fault of if the manager who’s in the hot seat in May it’s the fault of Fenty for nearly 2 decades of apathy and topping it with letting Holloway run riot with his stupidity unchecked.

Hurst was recruited for 2 reasons the first to try and keep us up and the second he’s a proven promotion winning National League Manager.

What the intercourse has it got to do with anything whether I went to the finals or not, me going doesn't guarantee promotion.

As it happens I did as I go to about 95% of all games home and away.
Posted by: RonMariner, March 5, 2021, 12:56pm; Reply: 29
*cut,copy,paste...*

That is mathematically the case.

But the reality is that Southend are currently picking up more points than us, and have some impressive results behind then recently.  So there is no evidence based on current form that we are likely to overtake them.

Unless our performance level picks up we are doomed.
Posted by: DB, March 5, 2021, 1:32pm; Reply: 30
*cut,copy,paste...*

Positivity on a Friday, brilliant.
Posted by: DB, March 5, 2021, 1:34pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from RonMariner

That is mathematically the case.

But the reality is that Southend are currently picking up more points than us, and have some impressive results behind then recently.  So there is no evidence based on current form that we are likely to overtake them.

Unless our performance level picks up we are doomed.

You sound like Private Fraser in Dads Army.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 5, 2021, 1:38pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from golfer

Oh Kingston, that was diabolically diabolical - suggest you download the App." Poetry made simple for kids in 500 easy lessons whilst watching a football match "

The lessons I can cope with, but I couldn’t face 500 matches.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 5, 2021, 2:29pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from arryarryarry

What the intercourse has it got to do with anything whether I went to the finals or not, me going doesn't guarantee promotion.

As it happens I did as I go to about 95% of all games home and away.

You said " it means diddly squat to get to a final / semi-final and lose" clearly it meant something to you.

It's a play off final (or semi) it could go either way on the day. Whilst I agree winning is everything when Scott got his marching orders Hurst's record on his own was,

- Play off semi, agreed we where nowhere good enough that season in reality.
- Play Off final - Lost on pens to a decent Brizzle side and a ref who "didn't want to spoil the game".
- Play Off final - Won!

Maybe the length of time it took us to get promoted wasn't just down to him, in the time we where down there some clubs with really good long term plans went up ahead of us and have prospered or at least stabilised because they had a plan and everyone on the same page.  
Posted by: arryarryarry, March 5, 2021, 2:41pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from HertsGTFC

You said " it means diddly squat to get to a final / semi-final and lose" clearly it meant something to you.

It's a play off final (or semi) it could go either way on the day. Whilst I agree winning is everything when Scott got his marching orders Hurst's record on his own was,

- Play off semi, agreed we where nowhere good enough that season in reality.
- Play Off final - Lost on pens to a decent Brizzle side and a ref who "didn't want to spoil the game".
- Play Off final - Won!

Maybe the length of time it took us to get promoted wasn't just down to him, in the time we where down there some clubs with really good long term plans went up ahead of us and have prospered or at least stabilised because they had a plan and everyone on the same page.  

Oh FFS in terms of promotion.

Jesus effing wept.
Posted by: Teestogreen, March 9, 2021, 9:10pm; Reply: 35
Team performing much better - substitution selection timing needs improvement 😀
Posted by: DB, March 9, 2021, 9:21pm; Reply: 36
Name of the thread is Hurst In

And he is
In the sh!t without  a paddle and nothing up top to call a football brain. Somebody please ring him tonight and tell him his P45 is in the post.
Posted by: Teestogreen, March 9, 2021, 9:35pm; Reply: 37
Yep - Hurst in. Considering Carlisle were odds on for promotion a month ago - Town performed well against them tonight. I should give PH some credit for that and bodes well for the next games. The players were motivated and I think LJL is a part of that. Well done Town.
UTM
Posted by: arryarryarry, March 9, 2021, 9:44pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from Teestogreen
Yep - Hurst in. Considering Carlisle were odds on for promotion a month ago - Town performed well against them tonight. I should give PH some credit for that and bodes well for the next games. The players were motivated and I think LJL is a part of that. Well done Town.
UTM

We were perfoming well up to the substitutions, however I would add that Carlisle were shite.
Posted by: DB, March 9, 2021, 9:44pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from Teestogreen
UTM

Hurst has two problems.

Points aren't stacking up
He's running out of games

I'm sure your on his Christmas card list
Posted by: Teestogreen, March 9, 2021, 10:03pm; Reply: 40
Games are running out (this season)
Points are not stacking up.
Can’t see why I would be on the Christmas Card list
Posted by: Zmariner, March 9, 2021, 10:19pm; Reply: 41
That was a better performance, we are all sick but I can not be angry with the manager about that one utm all I want is fight and organisation and I feel it will come but we may be out of time
Posted by: bawarmy, March 9, 2021, 10:30pm; Reply: 42
If he had put Waterfall on and he’d made a last ditch clearance off the line we would all be saying what a great substitution. It’s just one of those things and they always happen when you’re bottom of the league.
Posted by: arryarryarry, March 9, 2021, 10:30pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from Teestogreen
UTM

They are 19 points ahead of us and on their forum they are using the words like, shite, dire and are calling for their manager to be sacked.
Posted by: bawarmy, March 9, 2021, 10:32pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from arryarryarry

They are 19 points ahead of us and on their forum they are using the words like, shite, dire and are calling for their manager to be sacked.

Also read they didn’t deserve anything and hope we stay up.
Posted by: arryarryarry, March 9, 2021, 10:37pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from bawarmy

Also read they didn’t deserve anything and hope we stay up.

Their recent form is worse than ours and we still couldn't beat them.
Posted by: arryarryarry, March 9, 2021, 10:40pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from bawarmy
If he had put Waterfall on and he’d made a last ditch clearance off the line we would all be saying what a great substitution. It’s just one of those things and they always happen when you’re bottom of the league.

If I had won £183,000,000 on the Euro lottery I would now be the new owner of GTFC.
Posted by: bawarmy, March 9, 2021, 10:45pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from arryarryarry

Their recent form is worse than ours and we still couldn't beat them.

I don’t doubt that. All I said was they thought we deserved to win and want us to stay up.
Posted by: arryarryarry, March 9, 2021, 10:51pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from bawarmy

I don’t doubt that. All I said was they thought we deserved to win and want us to stay up.

I wasn't referring to that if you read my post, you said if Waterfall had cleared off the line we would have said what great a substitution, he didn't so really pointless comment.
Posted by: bawarmy, March 9, 2021, 11:16pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from arryarryarry

I wasn't referring to that if you read my post, you said if Waterfall had cleared off the line we would have said what great a substitution, he didn't so really pointless comment.

If I had a pound for all the pointless comments I would be the new owner of GTFC
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 9, 2021, 11:20pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from arryarryarry

Was it a pointless comment? Aren’t all comments pointless then?
Posted by: Tommy, March 9, 2021, 11:42pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from bawarmy

But Waterfall has probably cost us more goals than he's prevented this season. So I know PH or any of us didn't know he was going to do that, but you go from past experience and it was probably more likely he'd do what he did than clear one off the line.
Posted by: HarrogateMariner, March 10, 2021, 12:39am; Reply: 52
I have been a critic of Hurst since he returned but I have to say I am feeling a lot more positive after the last 2 games. For the first time in ages, I feel like we are starting to get a settled team that may not be world beaters, but is showing promise and a collective strength and level of performance. It's easy to mention the substitutions, but I think he has got a few things spot on over last 2 games. Moving Hewitt into centre back has been an excellent move, whilst Lenny and Hanson up front together are a handful - we have to stick to a 442 and keep these in the team. I think it is obvious there is around 16/17 players he wants to work with that will be the squad for the rest of the season and a bond and spirit is building within them. Contrary to my thoughts a week or so ago I now think this gives us our best chance of survival, I think we will win games, it's just a question of if we will run out of time and games. I am still undecided beyond this season, but I am fully behind him for rest of season as I do think it is our best chance.

On a side note,  very interesting regarding players not making the squad. Clifton comes back from injury early (very happy with this as a big Clifton fan) with no Rose, Williams, Scannel, Spokes anywhere near the team. Underlines my point that I think Hurst has a group he wants and others are now surplus to requirements.
Posted by: cannylad68, March 10, 2021, 7:42am; Reply: 53
Some of us on here have been saying for weeks, play Hewitt centre back.

Obviously we are more clued up than Paul Hurst.
Posted by: smokey111, March 10, 2021, 7:57am; Reply: 54
Quoted from cannylad68
Some of us on here have been saying for weeks, play Hewitt centre back.

Obviously we are more clued up than Paul Hurst.

Obviously. I await the day a 'fishy' collective get the England job.
Posted by: RonMariner, March 10, 2021, 3:01pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from smokey111

Obviously. I await the day a 'fishy' collective get the England job.

About as likely as Hurst getting the England job.
Posted by: smokey111, March 10, 2021, 3:15pm; Reply: 56
Quoted from RonMariner

About as likely as Hurst getting the England job.

Would certainly be more interesting.
Posted by: arryarryarry, March 10, 2021, 5:26pm; Reply: 57

Was it a pointless comment? Aren’t all comments pointless then?

Saying that Waterfall may have stopped that goal when he clearly didn't.

Why not go the whole hog and say if LJL had scored a hatrick, or if a meterorite had landed on the pitch and ref had abandoned the game, (not sure which is the more likely) or if Paul Hurst had won all his games etc etc.
Posted by: RonMariner, March 10, 2021, 6:58pm; Reply: 58
Hurst in? Hurst out?

Well last night we saw what happens when he shakes the team about.........
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 3:05pm