Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Stew0_0, March 3, 2021, 12:33pm
Its obvious that we cannot lineup with a 4-4-2 as a centre midfield of Matete and one other would be too lightweight and over run. Hell we get over run with 3 in there. 4-5-1 is too defensive and despite 2 wingers we rarely give them the service, quality of ball or they simply struggling to put in decent service when they have the ball. Also we lack creativity and build up play resulting in very few chances being made.

Goals win you games and with in mind is it not time to get all 3 of our strikers on the field with Hanson the target with Lenny and Payne either side. Get the Ball up the pitch quicker and more directly from defence and Matete and El Mizouni can pick up any scraps.
4-3-3 is the way forward in my eyes.

Its now time to throw a passing game and tippy tappy triangles to the side in return of results. Get the strikers in the box and shooting instead of receiving the ball with our backs to goal with little support.

Its been said the best form of defence is attack and i think in our case this has to be the solution as we are poor defensively anyway.
I'd rather win 5-4 than be negative and hope to score a fortitous 1-0 win on the counter attack.

Cmon Hurst release the shackles and lets have a real go till the end of the season.
Posted by: ginnywings, March 3, 2021, 12:46pm; Reply: 1
I don't think Hurst will throw off any shackles, at least not yet. He may do if and when it gets to the point of no return, and despite what many are saying, we are not there yet.

There are two ways of looking at it when something isn't working. You either change what you are doing, or you try to get better at it. I think Hurst will stick with the latter.

I don't think the formations are to blame, rather the players within those formations not performing to a required level. Too many mistakes and bad decision making.
Posted by: pen penfras, March 3, 2021, 1:03pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from ginnywings
I don't think Hurst will throw off any shackles, at least not yet. He may do if and when it gets to the point of no return, and despite what many are saying, we are not there yet.

There are two ways of looking at it when something isn't working. You either change what you are doing, or you try to get better at it. I think Hurst will stick with the latter.

I don't think the formations are to blame, rather the players within those formations not performing to a required level. Too many mistakes and bad decision making.

The formations are also a problem, or at least the personnel selected in that formation. 2 big men up front with wingbacks that are full backs was a terrible decision. 1 big man up front on his own and midfielders that aren't running beyond him was always going to go the way it did last night. I don't understand why Hurst can't see it, and I don't understand why he takes so long to change it.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, March 3, 2021, 1:08pm; Reply: 3
Tend to agree that any system works when players are confident and playing well as you then automatically get the required movement and commitment but personally don’t like any formation that only has one player up front.

I accept Hurst’s point that we don’t see the players in training but for me I would prefer to see the experienced Scannell playing wide left with Morais on the right. Scannell has shown some glimpses of real quality when he has appeared and played with a combination of Hanson/LJL/Payne we should get crosses in the box and hopefully create opportunities. Tend to agree that having Jackson on the bench would give us a different attacking option with some pace.

In reality we are probably clutching at straws and like moving chairs on the Titanic with no meaningful end result other than what appears an inevitable relegation.
Posted by: Tommy, March 3, 2021, 1:17pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Stew0_0
Its now time to throw a passing game and tippy tappy triangles to the side in return of results.

This confused me.

What passing game and tippy tappy triangles? Have you watched us for the last two months? It's been dire, aimless hoofing the ball upfield apart from at Newport where we did well 1st half and were allowed to have possession 2nd half.

The Dog and Duck FC play more passing football than us at the moment.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, March 3, 2021, 3:07pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Stew0_0
Its obvious that we cannot lineup with a 4-4-2 as a centre midfield of Matete and one other would be too lightweight and over run. Hell we get over run with 3 in there. 4-5-1 is too defensive and despite 2 wingers we rarely give them the service, quality of ball or they simply struggling to put in decent service when they have the ball. Also we lack creativity and build up play resulting in very few chances being made.

Goals win you games and with in mind is it not time to get all 3 of our strikers on the field with Hanson the target with Lenny and Payne either side. Get the Ball up the pitch quicker and more directly from defence and Matete and El Mizouni can pick up any scraps.
4-3-3 is the way forward in my eyes.

Its now time to throw a passing game and tippy tappy triangles to the side in return of results. Get the strikers in the box and shooting instead of receiving the ball with our backs to goal with little support.

Its been said the best form of defence is attack and i think in our case this has to be the solution as we are poor defensively anyway.
I'd rather win 5-4 than be negative and hope to score a fortitous 1-0 win on the counter attack.

Cmon Hurst release the shackles and lets have a real go till the end of the season.

I think your suggestion falls down in 2 areas:

1. 4-3-3 will allow us to get overrun in midfield (even more)
2. Your selection assumes that Hanson will be available to play regularly. Evidence suggests otherwise.

A midfield diamond might be a better option - a defensive midfielder screening the defence and a more creative minded midfielder freed up to create for a front 2. But, can this group play that way?
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, March 3, 2021, 3:14pm; Reply: 6
With the amount of players we’ve got surely we can just go 442 and have a go ?!
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, March 3, 2021, 4:11pm; Reply: 7
I personally think it is more of a bollocking the players need.

They have stopped working, they are not running, they are not passing the ball and they give every indication they are not bothered.

Amazingly, after last nights results, we are still not cut adrift so if Hurst is to continue he needs to get them motivated regardless of the formation.

What is Doig's role? Is he the bad cop in the relationship? Could he bark out some home truths to underperforming players?

Failing that, would a monetary bonus offer spark the players into life? A new car each, although not one that costs 80k in case it gets scratched maybe?

It is difficult to fathom why the players are not putting the effort in, as this is surely their last chance saloon to be in the Football league? Hurst and Doig too, come to that.
Posted by: lee65, March 3, 2021, 4:22pm; Reply: 8
I never get how 433 is more solid than 442?, as with the former it means (unless you have a very fit MF 3) it allows the opposition a free run at our FB's because it's too narrow.
Even if 433 might work, inevitably with us it simply becomes 451 as soon as we kick off and then we are too isolated up top

442 might be outdated, but at least all eleven would know where they were supposed to be playing and I think that would be a start, and it does suit the personnel we have too
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, March 3, 2021, 5:58pm; Reply: 9
433 works best with 6 greyhounds that are the 2 banks of 3 . We don’t have greyhounds
Print page generated: April 23, 2024, 9:14am