Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: DB, March 1, 2021, 8:48am
New month and 8 games, 24 points and survival at stake. Hopefully the deal will be done and new owners soon. My red wine has worn off and thinking about Orient a definite win. Eastwood will keep a clean sheet and among the rest somebody will poke one in.

Are we staying up, off course we are. The negatives of Saturdays crap have diminished and my positives are coming through. We're fans, supporters and we have to be optimistic.  :)
Posted by: denni266, March 1, 2021, 9:46am; Reply: 1
Sorry but i just dont see any change with Mr Hurst in charge.  Too negative in his planning when we need to get forward and score goals . We may win the odd one here and there  and of course everyone will be saying we turned the corner when we have not,. And i for one will not be putting money in to a non league team next season . Hope i am proved wrong
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 1, 2021, 9:51am; Reply: 2
If we win our home games we’ll stay up. We could lose the away games. Obviously we won’t win all of the home games and we won’t lose all of the away games.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, March 1, 2021, 9:54am; Reply: 3
Quoted from denni266
Sorry but i just dont see any change with Mr Hurst in charge.  Too negative in his planning when we need to get forward and score goals . We may win the odd one here and there  and of course everyone will be saying we turned the corner when we have not,. And i for one will not be putting money in to a non league team next season . Hope i am proved wrong

Typical that, you either support town or you don't!..you don't get to pick n choose if you have GTFC at heart..I'll follow this club until the last breath leaves my lungs, through thick, thin, good and bad times...
Posted by: DB, March 1, 2021, 10:04am; Reply: 4
Quoted from denni266

So put some positivity into keeping the team in league 2
Posted by: DB, March 1, 2021, 10:05am; Reply: 5
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Typical that, you either support town or you don't!..you don't get to pick n choose if you have GTFC at heart..I'll follow this club until the last breath leaves my lungs, through thick, thin, good and bad times...

So will I down when they lose, but up for the next game
Posted by: arryarryarry, March 1, 2021, 1:49pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from DB

So put some positivity into keeping the team in league 2

As I have tried to mention before, motivation, positivity etc means nothing, what we need is someone to score goals and to stop them going in the other end.
Posted by: DB, March 1, 2021, 1:54pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from arryarryarry

As I have tried to mention before, motivation, positivity etc means nothing, what we need is someone to score goals and to stop them going in the other end.

I agree and we now have Eastwood. As I've posted our top scorer is Pollock a defender! At this stage I'm past caring who scores as long as one of them does.
Posted by: RonMariner, March 1, 2021, 4:44pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Obviously we won’t win all of the home games and we won’t lose all of the away games.

Well we have lost our last 7 away games on the trot, so don't be too sure.
Posted by: DB, March 1, 2021, 4:52pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from RonMariner

Well we have lost our last 7 away games on the trot, so don't be too sure.

So we're due a win at Carlisle a week tomorrow, even though I think it'll be a draw.
Posted by: moosey_club, March 1, 2021, 7:48pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from DB

I agree and we now have Eastwood. As I've posted our top scorer is Pollock a defender! At this stage I'm past caring who scores as long as one of them does.

So this  wave of optimism you are trying to create is based on Pollock or Eastwood scoring the goals to win our games ?
🤣
Posted by: DB, March 1, 2021, 7:56pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from moosey_club

So this  wave of optimism you are trying to create is based on Pollock or Eastwood scoring the goals to win our games ?
🤣

Silly question
Posted by: DB, March 2, 2021, 8:05am; Reply: 12
Wins for Cheltenham, Harrogate and a definite win for us will take us of the bottom. Fantastic way to start the day full of positive optimism.

Absolutely staying up.

UTM
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 7:23pm