Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Mariner_501, February 28, 2021, 12:53pm
Since it is so depressing to read the fishy these days (although understandable, we are doomed) I thought I’d try and think of something positive.

Eastwood. Great keeper and fills me with confidence which I haven’t had in that position for a while. Shame we haven’t had him all season.

He is much better than us currently, but if the conference doesn’t finish and we manage to stay up, I’d be over the moon having him as our number 1 next season, somehow.
Posted by: DB, February 28, 2021, 1:03pm; Reply: 1
Eastwood makes you realise how poor Macca is these days.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 28, 2021, 1:08pm; Reply: 2
He’s done good. And he’s taken Johnny Oster’s title:
“he’s a baby, he’s a baby!”
Posted by: cannylad68, February 28, 2021, 2:43pm; Reply: 3
Here we go again, after just a few games.
Posted by: pontoonlew, February 28, 2021, 2:46pm; Reply: 4
Him and Matete are the only two signings so far to genuinely improve us, both been excellent
Posted by: livosnose, February 28, 2021, 3:01pm; Reply: 5
Great GK , monster kick as well
Posted by: Mayaman, February 28, 2021, 3:27pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from DB
Eastwood makes you realise how poor Macca is these days.

Composure, decision making, distribution, positioning - alll tons better than Macca.  
Posted by: moosey_club, February 28, 2021, 3:32pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Mayaman

Composure, decision making, distribution, positioning - alll tons better than Macca.  

I actually think some of his kicking accuracy has been pretty poor. That aside though has looked promising so far , some smart saves yesterday but more importantly he is comfortable coming to catch a cross.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, February 28, 2021, 3:49pm; Reply: 8
Premier League goalkeeper better than 4th Division goalkeeper shock.
Posted by: Kris2, February 28, 2021, 5:47pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from pontoonlew
Him and Matete are the only two signings so far to genuinely improve us, both been excellent

Matete? He of the spinny spins? Didn't think he was much good against Harrogate, easily bullied off the ball and seemed more interested in showing how much he can spin like a ballerina over making something happen. He was even doing it when nobody was near him  ;D. His one run beating two players was good but apart from that don't recall him doing anything constructive...Not that there was much to pick out in a very dull game.

Eastwood is clearly well trained and has been with Sheffield United since he was a kid, still on the books so they clearly see the potential there and he's obviously going to stand out playing in lower divisions. He's kept us to conceding 1 goal per match when we could easily be letting in more, the only ones he let in are ones that he didn't really have a chance of saving. When you look at goalkeepers from that level you notice how much more vision and anticipation they have on what's happening around them because you need to have that when facing players of that level. If his anticipation and positioning wasn't what it was then opposition players would easily make him look very silly.

Tommy Forecast was also a Premier League goalkeeper and Barry from the local Sunday league pub team could have done a better job after four pints and a pie before the game.
Posted by: Mariner_501, February 28, 2021, 6:02pm; Reply: 10

How many premier league games has he played?

Posted by: coddy60, March 1, 2021, 10:07am; Reply: 11
Quoted from moosey_club

I actually think some of his kicking accuracy has been pretty poor. That aside though has looked promising so far , some smart saves yesterday but more importantly he is comfortable coming to catch a cross.

I thought he dropped a fair few balls that came into the box, although I agree he is a better all round keeper than Macca
Posted by: DB, March 1, 2021, 10:12am; Reply: 12
Quoted from coddy60

I thought he dropped a fair few balls that came into the box, although I agree he is a better all round keeper than Macca

Considering the lads learning his trade I can't fault him. You can see that he will be a top pro one day and we'll saying, like Henderson, I remember him when he played for us.
Posted by: coddy60, March 1, 2021, 2:57pm; Reply: 13
I don't disagree, but the point made, which I was responding to, said he was comfortable claiming crosses. I think he came for plenty of crosses, but was far from comfortable with them  
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, March 2, 2021, 5:46am; Reply: 14
I doubt they will let him go clearly will play further up the pyramid but a season long loan might be a option
Print page generated: April 18, 2024, 10:44am