Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Brazilnut, February 22, 2021, 7:27pm
While in and out the car today someone text in and said it was great to hear burnsy commentary on the jevons goal which was played as part of 50yr celebration for RH

Did anyone hear it or got a link ?
Posted by: wigworld, February 22, 2021, 8:13pm; Reply: 1
Didn't hear it, but I think he was a Town supporter when we were in 2nd tier, then switched allegiance when the Mudrats left us behind.
Posted by: moosey_club, February 22, 2021, 8:43pm; Reply: 2
Yes I heard it , was a decent little snippet.

Was somewhere between 2 - 2:30p.m I think on the Phil White (?) show.
Posted by: Brazilnut, February 22, 2021, 9:10pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from moosey_club
Yes I heard it , was a decent little snippet.

Was somewhere between 2 - 2:30p.m I think on the Phil White (?) show.

Does anyone know how to find it and post link .....beyond me lol
Posted by: Brazilnut, February 23, 2021, 12:00pm; Reply: 4
I found it the Andy comfort show 43 mins in but don't know how to post it
Posted by: pizzzza, February 23, 2021, 12:15pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Brazilnut
I found it the Andy comfort show 43 mins in but don't know how to post it

[url]https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p096cgm4[/url]

Starts at 43:20
Posted by: pontoonlew, February 23, 2021, 12:27pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from pizzzza

Something I'll never ever tire of watching/listening/talking about.

Says 25 yards on that commentary, and the bloody rest!
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 23, 2021, 12:31pm; Reply: 7

No harm in watching it again  (thumbup2)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kckRb1Vz4hU
Posted by: Tommy, February 23, 2021, 1:03pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from pizzzza

Literally just gave me goosebumps listening to that. Brilliant.
Posted by: GG, February 23, 2021, 1:15pm; Reply: 9
I remember waving at the Liverpool fans who all started piling out of Anfield after that wondergoal. Lots of male masturbator signs from them, sour losers.

But what a game. Probably the greatest game I've ever been to. Unforgettable. I went on the coach from the Cricketers.
Posted by: BlackandWhiteBarmy2, February 23, 2021, 2:18pm; Reply: 10
Anyone know where to find the Humberside commentary on Wilkos goal at Everton. I was at the game so never heard it. My dad told me the commentator, I think it was Dave Gibbins, went absolutely mental. Would love to be able to hear it.
Posted by: Brazilnut, February 23, 2021, 2:23pm; Reply: 11
Anyone know where to find the Humberside commentary on Wilkos goal at Everton. I was at the game so never heard it. My dad told me the commentator, I think it was Dave Gibbins, went absolutely mental. Would love to be able to hear it.

I asked about this to RH but was told the recording wasn't found when looked for did remind them that commentary  was also used the next night on look north using pictures from Grimsby Telegraph I never heard anymore

I seem to remember  the commenter  just shouting it's in over and over again
Posted by: ex-merseymariner, February 23, 2021, 3:31pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Tommy

Literally just gave me goosebumps listening to that. Brilliant.

Same.   Love the way he says, 'and you daren't leave it....'   sets it up perfectly for what happens next.  Could spend all day alternating between Burnsy commentary and Alistair Mann ITV commentary on this  ; -)

Posted by: FishOutOfWater, February 23, 2021, 11:28pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Brazilnut
While in and out the car today someone text in and said it was great to hear burnsy commentary on the jevons goal which was played as part of 50yr celebration for RH

Did anyone hear it or got a link ?

I heard it (on the Andy Comfort afternoon show)

I actually sent in a tweet that he read out on the show saying it still sent shivers down my spine listening to it

I never went to the game but remember the commentary that night sending me crazy and even after all those years back, it still has an impact even now, in the same way Nathan Arnold's goal did

UTM
Posted by: Brazilnut, February 24, 2021, 12:26am; Reply: 14
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

I heard it (on the Andy Comfort afternoon show)

I actually sent in a tweet that he read out on the show saying it still sent shivers down my spine listening to it

I never went to the game but remember the commentary that night sending me crazy and even after all those years back, it still has an impact even now, in the same way Nathan Arnold's goal did

UTM

So it was your tweet that I heard read out that started this thread ..........thank you
Posted by: GYinScuntland, February 24, 2021, 12:45am; Reply: 15
Quoted from wigworld
Didn't hear it, but I think he was a Town supporter when we were in 2nd tier, then switched allegiance when the Mudrats left us behind.

Get your finger out Boris, we're losing fans here.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, February 24, 2021, 3:12am; Reply: 16
Remember watching it in a hotel in Tenerife. One of the best weeks of my life tbh iirc England had drawn with Greece on the Saturday before (beckham last minute free kick) to allow us to qualify at ‘ze Germans’ expense
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 24, 2021, 10:57am; Reply: 17
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Remember watching it in a hotel in Tenerife. One of the best weeks of my life tbh iirc England had drawn with Greece on the Saturday before (beckham last minute free kick) to allow us to qualify at ‘ze Germans’ expense

Ze Germans qualified for the 2002 World Cup Final despite us beating them 5:1. They went on to the final and lost to our nemesis, Brazil.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, February 26, 2021, 8:13pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Ze Germans qualified for the 2002 World Cup Final despite us beating them 5:1. They went on to the final and lost to our nemesis, Brazil.

Germany were in the “easy” half of the draw in 2002.

To guarantee teams knew whether their knock-out games would all be in Japan or all in South Korea the draw was different.

One half of the draw was group A, C, F & H which were potentially nations like France, Brazil, England, Argentina & Japan. The other half of the draw was group B, D, E & G which was potentially nations like Spain (before they were good), South Korea, Portugal, Germany & Italy.

France, Argentina & Portugal imploded in the group stage and Italy were robbed by some interesting refereeing decisions by South Korea in the R2 who then saw off Spain in the QF.

I was of the opinion at the time (and still believe) that the real Final was England v Brazil in the QF. Whoever won that match would go on and win the World Cup. And they did. Sadly it was Brazil and not England.

Fair play to Germany. They got the the Final. But they had the easiest route imaginable to the Final and didn’t face another top nation until the Final itself.
Posted by: Abdul19, February 26, 2021, 8:31pm; Reply: 19
The Beckham free kick v Greece got Ingerland top spot and meant Germany had to go through a playoff.    
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 9:16pm