Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: GrimRob, February 22, 2021, 6:06am
Please enter your nomination for last week (within the world of football)....
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, February 22, 2021, 12:09pm; Reply: 1
Philippe/Fenty/Runaway
Posted by: realist, February 22, 2021, 12:29pm; Reply: 2
Phil noche
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 22, 2021, 12:38pm; Reply: 3

Whoever thought it was a good idea for us to travel all the way down to Exeter when we all knew the match would be called off because of the weather.

It had been chucking it down all day Friday and the weather forcecast predicted it would do the same all day Saturday.
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 22, 2021, 2:25pm; Reply: 4
Barrow chairman for sacking Jolley  I was hoping he could save us. ;D
Posted by: 140348 (Guest), February 22, 2021, 3:00pm; Reply: 5
National League
Posted by: thefish, February 22, 2021, 6:54pm; Reply: 6
The Aston Villa players/ staff.

If you haven’t heard the ‘fantastic’ story, sit back and enjoy...

Dean Smith (Villa manager for any of you Anti-Premier Leaguers) was said to be furious that Grealish’s injury was ‘somehow leaked’ a mere 24-hours before their match with Leicester City.

He went on record stating, ‘If it's coming out of our training ground then I will find out where that's coming from and reprimand where it's coming from. It's something I wouldn't be happy with and we'll get to the bottom of it.’

However, it has since transpired that several of the Villa players and staff removed Grealish from their fantasy football teams the day before the game which alerted Leicester to the injury!

Dean Smith has now banned the staff from playing fantasy football!
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, February 22, 2021, 7:41pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from thefish

There is some very creepy stuff that goes on in the (wonderful) world of FPL...

- FPL cup players stalking their real life opponents on social media and then messaging them
- trawling girlfriend / wives’ instagram and other social media accounts for any insider information
- trying to work out menstrual cycles of players’ partners to work out when they are due to give birth
- some FPL players started reading Victor Lindelöf’s wife’s pregnancy blog to estimate the expected birth date (see also Harry Kane and Raúl Jiménez)
- tracking down Leeds’ physios team on FPL to work out the extent of Raphinha’s injury...

...the list goes on and on. It’s a very weird sub culture.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 22, 2021, 7:44pm; Reply: 8
Felipe’Bullying Victim’ Noches. Though this nomination will probably be banned for having nothing to do with football (pretty much like his tenure as a GTFC Director).
Posted by: Sandford1981, February 22, 2021, 7:47pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from thefish

If you haven’t heard the ‘fantastic’ story, sit back and enjoy...

Dean Smith (Villa manager for any of you Anti-Premier Leaguers) was said to be furious that Grealish’s injury was ‘somehow leaked’ a mere 24-hours before their match with Leicester City.

He went on record stating, ‘If it's coming out of our training ground then I will find out where that's coming from and reprimand where it's coming from. It's something I wouldn't be happy with and we'll get to the bottom of it.’

However, it has since transpired that several of the Villa players and staff removed Grealish from their fantasy football teams the day before the game which alerted Leicester to the injury!

Liverpool’s Andy Robertson also inadvertently revealed Sadio Mane’s injury a week or 2 back by taking him out his Fantasy team prior to a game.
Quite what he was doing having Mane in his team in the first place is anyone’s guess.
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, February 22, 2021, 7:51pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Sandford1981

Liverpool’s Andy Robertson also inadvertently revealed Sadio Mane’s injury a week or 2 back by taking him out his Fantasy team prior to a game.
Quite what he was doing having Mane in his team in the first place is anyone’s guess.

What I don’t get is that the clubs release loads of training photos and you can usually tell if a player is missing from those.

Plus on the Villa / Leicester incident, Rodgers still played Castagne and Pereira on the right, as if he expected Grealish to still be fit.
Posted by: DB, February 22, 2021, 7:52pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from realist
Phil noche

Now if you had said Fillipe Noche it may have been construed as bullying, but you didn't.
Posted by: Sandford1981, February 22, 2021, 8:01pm; Reply: 12

Plus on the Villa / Leicester incident, Rodgers still played Castagne and Pereira on the right, as if he expected Grealish to still be fit.

Exactly this. I know you don’t want a leak but clearly Rodgers hadn’t got the memo in any case, so I couldn’t really understand Smiths fury beyond that.
Posted by: RonMariner, February 22, 2021, 11:14pm; Reply: 13
Can't really think of anyone that stands out above by default twit.

So Holloway it is.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 7:36pm