Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 19, 2021, 3:14pm
We might as well try it nothing else seems to work.

First the players, if they go out onto the pitch fearing another defeat that will most likely be the outcome.

On the other hand if they go out thinking I don't care who we are playing we can beat anybody , they just might get a result.

Now us the fans. If the players are hearing us saying another defeat on Saturday it will be in the back of their minds and again their heads will go down once the other side scored first.

So it's up to us to be positive and think we can get out of this mess because our players are up for the fight . Let's all think we can win the next game and the ones after give confidence to the players and we might all be pleasantly surprised. A run of 2 or 3 wins on the bounce and the table looks a lot better.
The players are feeling they can beat whoever we play and us fans are not so depressed.

What have we got to lose ?  Come on Town we can do this together.

No more negative thoughts ok   :)
Posted by: Epworth Mariner, February 19, 2021, 3:25pm; Reply: 1
Great idea.......but when Saturday comes and we hear the team.......??
But both Southend and Stevenage had amazing away wins recently.........so the flag will be flying in Epworth on Saturday!
Come on town.....!!!!
Posted by: DB, February 19, 2021, 4:17pm; Reply: 2
Power of Positive Thinking, a book by Norman Vincent Peale. I read it decades ago so to answer the questions,

Yes we will win on Saturday

Yes we will stay up
Posted by: chrissy, February 19, 2021, 4:35pm; Reply: 3
It's staying positive that keeps us going. Or is that hope ?
Posted by: GrimRob, February 19, 2021, 5:27pm; Reply: 4
I'm always positive on Fridays. It's Saturdays that's the problem.
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, February 19, 2021, 6:27pm; Reply: 5
As I said on another thread Pete, I’m with you on the positive attitude. It’s all to play for and nothing to lose. They have to go out there and give it their all.
UTM
Posted by: ginnywings, February 19, 2021, 6:34pm; Reply: 6
Fans being positive won't make us win games. The team winning games will make the fans positive.

My stance has been and remains, we are not down until the maths say so.
Posted by: moosey_club, February 19, 2021, 7:02pm; Reply: 7
I'm positive we are getting relegated.

Does that count?

🙃
Posted by: DB, February 19, 2021, 7:27pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from moosey_club
I'm positive we are getting relegated.

Does that count?

🙃

NO
Posted by: malkamalka, February 19, 2021, 8:30pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from grimsby pete
We might as well try it nothing else seems to work.

First the players, if they go out onto the pitch fearing another defeat that will most likely be the outcome.

On the other hand if they go out thinking I don't care who we are playing we can beat anybody , they just might get a result.

Now us the fans. If the players are hearing us saying another defeat on Saturday it will be in the back of their minds and again their heads will go down once the other side scored first.

So it's up to us to be positive and think we can get out of this mess because our players are up for the fight . Let's all think we can win the next game and the ones after give confidence to the players and we might all be pleasantly surprised. A run of 2 or 3 wins on the bounce and the table looks a lot better.
The players are feeling they can beat whoever we play and us fans are not so depressed.

What have we got to lose ?  Come on Town we can do this together.

No more negative thoughts ok   :)

You know what Pete, you're right in every way. The whole GTFC project has been soooo negative lately, the new owners must be thinking "WTF have we done?"

Only last weekend, I was thinking, "How can we, the fans, help turn this around"? And I came up with the idea that if we could think of what has been positive - perhaps we can make the future more positive, by taking positivity from the past.

The two season 2014/15 and 2015/16 have been the high points, the Play Off season (that we lost) then the following season which saw us promoted back into League Two. What were we doing "On this day" in each of those seasons? Lets concentrate on those "Highs" and let somebody else deal with the "Lows".

For too long we've done nothing but moan about where we should be, but moan is all we have done.

Lets go out all positive about climbing the table. If anybody wants to be negative, maybe Rob could create a "Whingers Corner" for them.

UTM

Posted by: DB, February 19, 2021, 8:59pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from malkamalka

You know what Pete, you're right in every way. The whole GTFC project has been soooo negative lately, the new owners must be thinking "WTF have we done?"

Only last weekend, I was thinking, "How can we, the fans, help turn this around"? And I came up with the idea that if we could think of what has been positive - perhaps we can make the future more positive, by taking positivity from the past.

The two season 2014/15 and 2015/16 have been the high points, the Play Off season (that we lost) then the following season which saw us promoted back into League Two. What were we doing "On this day" in each of those seasons? Lets concentrate on those "Highs" and let somebody else deal with the "Lows".

For too long we've done nothing but moan about where we should be, but moan is all we have done.

Lets go out all positive about climbing the table. If anybody wants to be negative, maybe Rob could create a "Whingers Corner" for them.

UTM

Any contenders ?
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, February 19, 2021, 9:03pm; Reply: 11
There’s 57 points to play for yet isn’t there ?
Posted by: DB, February 19, 2021, 9:06pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

Being positive, absolutely brilliant. Yes we're staying up.

UTM
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, February 19, 2021, 9:51pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

Not long there was 69 points to play for, as each week passes this decreases, the optimism follows and before we know it we are in deep do do and looking forward to a weekend at Boreham Wood!!..
Posted by: Mayaman, February 20, 2021, 1:26pm; Reply: 14
Exactly mate.  Hurst came in an made a lot of changes.  In my opinion,  they've been positive ones. The game we played against Newport , we practically had a new team. It takes time to gel. If they play the way they did in the first half against that game and lady luck helps one or two shots the right side of the post I think we will stay up.  
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 20, 2021, 2:23pm; Reply: 15
Well it worked in a way we did not lose  ;D
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, February 20, 2021, 3:09pm; Reply: 16
Stevenage losing
Next week’s opposition Harrogate losing

Positive thinking
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, February 20, 2021, 3:26pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Stevenage losing
Next week’s opposition Harrogate losing

Positive thinking

Barrow losing...positive thinking
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 20, 2021, 4:51pm; Reply: 18

Barrow losing...positive thinking

Southend losing positive thinking  8)
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, February 20, 2021, 5:01pm; Reply: 19
Positive thinking wins the day
Two vital defeats and almost every result in our favour.

Two wins next week and we should be out of bottom two
Believe it.
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 20, 2021, 11:36pm; Reply: 20
Now we have to put all our positive thoughts for a win on tuesday.

By golly we are due one.
Posted by: chrissy, February 23, 2021, 12:38pm; Reply: 21
Let's put all our positivity behind the lads tonight.
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 23, 2021, 9:11pm; Reply: 22
Now for Harrogate it does not matter how we win as long as we win.

Come on Town we can do it.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, February 23, 2021, 10:01pm; Reply: 23
Positive thinking wins the day
Two vital defeats and almost every result in our favour.

Two wins next week and we should be out of bottom two
Believe it.

Beat Crawley...positive thinking
Colchester in free fall great for us
Stevenage draw
Lots of teams around 34 points....we can do it, positive thinking
Posted by: DB, February 27, 2021, 6:04am; Reply: 24
Positive thoughts for a win at Harrogate today
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 27, 2021, 9:24am; Reply: 25
If Harrogate are on a good run we’ll win.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 3:15am