Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Gaffer58, January 28, 2021, 2:18pm
You get one choice, save our league status or a change of ownership, which would you take?
Posted by: cardiffmariner, January 28, 2021, 2:24pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from Gaffer58
You get one choice, save our league status or a change of ownership, which would you take?

This kind of game doesn’t appeal right now.
Posted by: Gainsbro_Mariner, January 28, 2021, 2:32pm; Reply: 2
It's a horrible question to ask....

Which arm do you want to lose is what you are asking. It's almost an impossible question to answer.

If you choose League status? you are choosing to keep Fenty, so more penny pinching, more deluded stadium promises, more doing things on the cheap, more settling for being average, more consistently finishing in the bottom half of the League, more eventual relegation battles and more uninspiring appointments no doubt.

If you choose new owners? you are hitting the reset button, potentially revitalising the club but doing it at a level we aren't happy to be in and where we could be stuck in that vortex with the likes of Chesterfield, Wrexham and so on on of ex League clubs who are seemingly stuck. However with going down and being one of the bigger sides in the National League actually bizarrely attracts a similar if not better standard of players than being a bottom of League Two side. Players want to earn promotions and win things, so with new owners that chance may increase. New owners could bring a better level of transparency with the fans and hey you never know eventually maybe the new ground we've been promised for several decades.

Pros and cons on each side, but it's a tough one. I would like both league status and new owners please, more than anything,
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, January 28, 2021, 2:34pm; Reply: 3
I think League status should always take priority. We know the effect that relegation to non league had on us last time. If we had a strong enough squad, or financial backing to bounce straight back then that's when new owners could take over.
Posted by: Boris Johnson, January 28, 2021, 2:37pm; Reply: 4
Little Mix or Girls Aloud?
Posted by: Teesknees, January 28, 2021, 2:49pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Boris Johnson
Little Mix or Girls Aloud?

I always thought Little Mix were a group of Irish Dwarves!
Posted by: devs, January 28, 2021, 2:55pm; Reply: 6
Only one way to decide....
FIIIIGGGGHHHHTTT!
Posted by: devs, January 28, 2021, 2:57pm; Reply: 7
It has to be league status
That is the knowable (although JF not palatable)

Relegation and new owners - who knows?
Posted by: MarshMariner, January 28, 2021, 3:06pm; Reply: 8
Sometimes you have to take a step back to go forward...

We clearly seem to have "reached our ceiling" under Mr Fenty's leadership... :-/
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, January 28, 2021, 3:16pm; Reply: 9
It's taken 15 years to get rid of Fenty and it took 6 years to get out of non-league.  I would risk it in Non-league to get rid of the parasite.
Posted by: RonMariner, January 28, 2021, 3:19pm; Reply: 10
I would say New owners because we are never going anywhere but down with Fenty.

It's very possible that that we will get both anyway.  Unless we get two or three high quality additions to the squad then we will struggle to stay up this season.

However, even if we do go down I think the new owners will bring a new professionalism to the club, and will make the investment in the playing staff, sadly lacking for several years, that would enable a speedy return to the EFL and which will at last give us some realistic hopes of an upward trajectory.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 28, 2021, 3:28pm; Reply: 11
Maybe the question should be in the context of more of the same or the chance of a future with something better? I think 17 years of this is more than plenty.
Posted by: Meza, January 28, 2021, 3:29pm; Reply: 12
New owners Gaffer58, atleast town will be on btsport
Posted by: devs, January 28, 2021, 3:39pm; Reply: 13
I am convinced by the arguments
New owners
Posted by: Honestjhonsbankbalance, January 28, 2021, 3:50pm; Reply: 14
I'd take relegation to the national north if it meant getting rid of that tosser and his merry men
Posted by: paul1717, January 28, 2021, 4:04pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Maybe the question should be in the context of more of the same or the chance of a future with something better? I think 17 years of this is more than plenty.

I think that sums it up nicely.
Posted by: Sandford1981, January 28, 2021, 4:10pm; Reply: 16
We know exactly what we are getting with more Fenty, more abject failure and embarrassment. I know they say it’s the hope that kills you but I’ll take new owners and the hope that brings.
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), January 28, 2021, 4:10pm; Reply: 17
If you choose league status with the current owners, it won’t last long. That being the case, new owners. It’s the only way anything will ever change for the better.
Posted by: barrattstandman, January 28, 2021, 4:35pm; Reply: 18
Even with new owners you certainly can't guarantee  promotion. Too many proper ex league clubs have found that nothing is certain in non league . Throw money at it yes but will that be certain to get league quality players . Ask Wrexham Chesterfield York Stockport Aldershot Torquay fans if they thought that they would still be non league . Notts Co. Thought they would be straight back  . Sadly there you could add us to that list . Each season gets harderthe longer you don't make it . Unfortunately I would take anything not to go down . At least whoever owns the club we will have Paul who knows the ropes. Will he want to drop into non league with us ?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 28, 2021, 4:46pm; Reply: 19
Dead easy for me, new owners!
Posted by: oochiad, January 28, 2021, 5:28pm; Reply: 20
Has to be new owners, stick with the past we’ll inevitably be relegated anyway as there’s never been any form of plan/progression/investment etc.....
Posted by: OneLove, January 28, 2021, 5:56pm; Reply: 21
after everything we've been through this season especially and over the last 18 years Id take new owners all day long. Do we deserve too stay up, a huge no but us friggin fans deserve it!
Posted by: GYinScuntland, January 28, 2021, 6:12pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Gainsbro_Mariner
It's a horrible question to ask....

Which arm do you want to lose is what you are asking. It's almost an impossible question to answer.

If you choose League status? you are choosing to keep Fenty, so more penny pinching, more deluded stadium promises, more doing things on the cheap, more settling for being average, more consistently finishing in the bottom half of the League, more eventual relegation battles and more uninspiring appointments no doubt.

If you choose new owners? you are hitting the reset button, potentially revitalising the club but doing it at a level we aren't happy to be in and where we could be stuck in that vortex with the likes of Chesterfield, Wrexham and so on on of ex League clubs who are seemingly stuck. However with going down and being one of the bigger sides in the National League actually bizarrely attracts a similar if not better standard of players than being a bottom of League Two side. Players want to earn promotions and win things, so with new owners that chance may increase. New owners could bring a better level of transparency with the fans and hey you never know eventually maybe the new ground we've been promised for several decades.

Pros and cons on each side, but it's a tough one. I would like both league status and new owners please, more than anything,

Easy one for me, I male masturbation with my left.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, January 28, 2021, 8:51pm; Reply: 23
New owners . A brand new stadium on the docks in the NLP would be quality!!
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 28, 2021, 8:54pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from oochiad
Has to be new owners, stick with the past we’ll inevitably be relegated anyway as there’s never been any form of plan/progression/investment etc.....

This  (icon_arrowu)

Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, January 28, 2021, 10:11pm; Reply: 25
New owners, with JF we would continue to circle the drain which will only end one way eventually.
Posted by: 137 (Guest), January 28, 2021, 11:29pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
New owners, with JF we would continue to circle the drain which will only end one way eventually.

Brilliant analogy.

Agree 100%.
Print page generated: May 7, 2024, 3:16pm