Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 26, 2021, 9:13pm

Win it and we are out of the relegation places tea-time Saturday.

Would be a massive psychological boost, come on Town.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, January 26, 2021, 9:17pm; Reply: 1
Would also save my wife another miserable weekend, be great not to spend Saturday night crying and trying to avoid the L2 highlights on Sky Sports.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, January 26, 2021, 9:21pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Would also save my wife another miserable weekend, be great not to spend Saturday night crying and trying to avoid the L2 highlights on Sky Sports.

Didn’t realise there were any highlights of league 2.     Ever
Posted by: RonMariner, January 27, 2021, 12:26am; Reply: 3
A real 6 pointer if ever there was one.
Posted by: DB, January 27, 2021, 5:44am; Reply: 4
It's a win from me. Losing doesn't bear thinking about.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, January 27, 2021, 10:08am; Reply: 5
Quoted from IlkleyMariner

Didn’t realise there were any highlights of league 2.     Ever

It was supposed to be a joke about GTFC 😀

Posted by: IlkleyMariner, January 27, 2021, 10:09am; Reply: 6
Think we might just sneak this one. 1-0
Posted by: oochiad, January 27, 2021, 10:20am; Reply: 7
Smash them 2-0!
Posted by: quebec38, January 27, 2021, 11:03am; Reply: 8
They were the worst side I saw at BP last season - absolutely atrocious. They are a point ahead of us this time around so I can’t imagine they have improved a great deal. If we don’t beat these we won’t stay up and neither will we deserve to. 3 points and I will start to believe we can still get out of this mess.
Posted by: RonMariner, January 27, 2021, 12:27pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from RonMariner
A real 6 pointer if ever there was one.

Could the person who red crossed this post care to explain why?

I am curious as to what there is about it to disagree with.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, January 27, 2021, 12:30pm; Reply: 10
Ron, I could offer everyone on here a thousand pounds if they PMd me their details, but I would still get a red cross off someone. Its not worth bothering about.
Posted by: RonMariner, January 27, 2021, 12:45pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Ron, I could offer everyone on here a thousand pounds if they PMd me their details, but I would still get a red cross off someone. Its not worth bothering about.

Yes, I think you are right.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, January 27, 2021, 1:01pm; Reply: 12
And I thank you  :)
Posted by: chipsandgravy, January 27, 2021, 2:01pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Madeleymariner
And I thank you  :)

That was me Madeley!! Just couldn't resist. Sad but got to get your amusement in any way you can these days! I am sure you understand.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, January 27, 2021, 2:49pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from RonMariner

I wouldn't be too concerned with red crosses and green ticks Ron.
Posted by: mimma, January 27, 2021, 2:56pm; Reply: 15
If the red and green crosses get to you, do what I have done, turn them off!

Wonder how many red crosses this will get?
Posted by: ginnywings, January 28, 2021, 10:41am; Reply: 16
Looking at the weather today, chances are we will be training on the artificial surface at Bradley again and BP will be a bog on Saturday. Not the best of preparation for a crucial game is it?

It must be a nightmare for Hurst and Doig, trying to drum tactics into the players and work on drills on a surface like that. It's also not the best for players carrying knocks.

As for the game, it won't be easy. Over the last 10 games, we have taken 6 points, they have taken 14. They look like they are hard to break down and we have trouble breaking teams down, so unless we suddenly start to look threatening, it is going to be a very tight match. Probably 1-0 either way or another 0-0.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, January 28, 2021, 10:52am; Reply: 17
Getting stuffed by Scunny was a very sobering moment for me. I think we'll lose this one.
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, January 28, 2021, 10:57am; Reply: 18
Not to worry, everything is in hand, Hurst will have us playing like this on Saturday..... guess they didn't furlough the groundsmen. ::)
[tweet]1354538551510265857[/tweet]
Posted by: RonMariner, January 28, 2021, 11:02am; Reply: 19
Getting stuffed by Scunny was a very sobering moment for me. I think we'll lose this one.

Yes, it is a worry. The only new face we have in so far this week is Payne, who is a good signing, but so far no additional support in the midfield to provide service.

Maybe if Morais or Scannell are fit enough to start it will be an improvement on last weekend.  But I am really hoping for another signing.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, January 28, 2021, 12:15pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from RonMariner

Yes, it is a worry. The only new face we have in so far this week is Payne, who is a good signing, but so far no additional support in the midfield to provide service.

Maybe if Morais or Scannell are fit enough to start it will be an improvement on last weekend.  But I am really hoping for another signing.

I think we will be in a much stronger position than last week. Payne is a big lift, it also means Morais, Scannell, Clifton, waterfall, rose and Hanson have had a week longer to recover from their various ailments.
Posted by: Norseman, January 28, 2021, 1:06pm; Reply: 21
we couldn't beat southend so why would anyone think we can beat a team above us .Its not as if we have brought in any great improvements in the transfer window is it ,
Posted by: IrishMariner, January 28, 2021, 1:29pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Norseman
we couldn't beat southend so why would anyone think we can beat a team above us .Its not as if we have brought in any great improvements in the transfer window is it ,

Sheffield United won at Old Trafford last night.
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 28, 2021, 2:07pm; Reply: 23
Unless any new players are a huge improvement on what we already have here I don't see us winning another game.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, January 28, 2021, 3:57pm; Reply: 24
OK, here's a tiny shaft of light....

Just got off the phone to a friend who is a season ticket holder at Stevenage. He maintains that they are awful, their squad is the worst they have had for years and you can see the fear (of relegation and doom) in the way they play.

I said that I thought we'd lose and his response was "f*ck you must be bloody awful.."

One to watch from behind the sofa.
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 28, 2021, 4:20pm; Reply: 25
OK, here's a tiny shaft of light....

Just got off the phone to a friend who is a season ticket holder at Stevenage. He maintains that they are awful, their squad is the worst they have had for years and you can see the fear (of relegation and doom) in the way they play.

I said that I thought we'd lose and his response was "f*ck you must be bloody awful.."

One to watch from behind the sofa.

Just to confirm, that is what he said to you or was it what you said to him about us? ;)
Posted by: supertown, January 28, 2021, 4:35pm; Reply: 26
It will be the turning point . 3 points
Posted by: RonMariner, January 28, 2021, 5:41pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from supertown
It will be the turning point . 3 points

You could well be right. I certainly hope so.

We need a bit of luck to go our way too. No daft referring decisions against us would be a start.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, January 28, 2021, 6:29pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from arryarryarry

Just to confirm, that is what he said to you or was it what you said to him about us? ;)

Ha! I started with 'we have the worst squad' and he agreed they were the same but he added that you could see their fear.
Posted by: smokey111, January 28, 2021, 6:44pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from arryarryarry
Unless any new players are a huge improvement on what we already have here I don't see us winning another game.

FFS. That rallying cry is almost Churchillian!
Posted by: Heswall Mariner, January 28, 2021, 7:10pm; Reply: 30
PH has quite reasonably said that he is not going to over commit to signings following last summers mistakes. & he doesn't want another 7 loanees.
In effect there is no one available out there on a freebee who is anything better than we have.
I do not blame him in any way for the mess we are in but I think anything less than a win on Saturday it's hello to our old friends at Boreham Wood & Easltleigh. next season - if there is one. UTM.
Posted by: DB, January 28, 2021, 10:29pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from RonMariner

I didn't start out to be an expert in gaining X's but at the sign of a thread or post of DB the X's come out. I wouldn't worry about a logical explanation Ron they just do it. Logic explanation or reasoning is beyond them.

Nil carborundum desperandum
Posted by: smokey111, January 28, 2021, 11:49pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from DB

I didn't start out to be an expert in gaining X's but at the sign of a thread or post of DB the X's come out. I wouldn't worry about a logical explanation Ron they just do it. Logic explanation or reasoning is beyond them.

Nil carborundum desperandum

Is that Latin for oversensitive?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 29, 2021, 12:55am; Reply: 33
Quoted from smokey111

To be fair to the bloke, he gets red-crossed tobuggery and I bet half those hadn’t read his posts, just red-crossing whatever he posts because it’s him not what he says.
Posted by: Abdul19, January 29, 2021, 6:18am; Reply: 34
Quoted from smokey111

You ought to have a basic grasp of Latin if you're posting on The Fishy.
Posted by: smokey111, January 29, 2021, 9:46am; Reply: 35
Quoted from KingstonMariner

To be fair to the bloke, he gets red-crossed tobuggery and I bet half those hadn’t read his posts, just red-crossing whatever he posts because it’s him not what he says.

Actually, looking back you make a fair point.
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 30, 2021, 9:27am; Reply: 36

Very windy here in Cleethorpes today, here's hoping for a scrappy win to kick-start our season and give the lads some much needed confidence.
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 30, 2021, 12:07pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from smokey111

FFS. That rallying cry is almost Churchillian!

Just my honest appraisal of the excrement squad we had before PH came and having seen every game so far this season.
Posted by: Neilo83, January 30, 2021, 12:15pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from mimma
If the red and green crosses get to you, do what I have done, turn them off!

Wonder how many red crosses this will get?

3 and 16.. you don’t need me to tell u which one got 3 and which one got 16.
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 4:03pm