Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: RonMariner, January 25, 2021, 1:27pm
Top of the Prem seven weeks ago.

8 games later...... sacked today.

Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 25, 2021, 1:31pm; Reply: 1
Ludicrous innit
Posted by: RonMariner, January 25, 2021, 1:33pm; Reply: 2
On that basis Klopp must be at risk. I mean he may have won the Champions League, The Premiership, the Super Cup and the World Club Championship in the last two years, but he's had a bad last five games........
Posted by: aldi_01, January 25, 2021, 1:34pm; Reply: 3
Had a free pass last year, brought players in this year and at times has been so tactically naive they’ve been exposed.

Could be seen as harsh, club would argue its business and the threat of not qualifying for the champions league is both real and economical disaster.

Not sure Tuchel is the answer but in truth he’ll only get three years anyway....
Posted by: golfer, January 25, 2021, 1:49pm; Reply: 4
Rumour has it that Holloway applied for the job and asked if he bought £100 worth of shares he could be on the board. He has loads of contacts in the game and speaks Russian effluently.  Initial price at William hills  15/8 on . He said he was sure he could get several of his old signings from Grimsby to move with him.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, January 25, 2021, 2:25pm; Reply: 5
Holloway has also told Abramovich that he has an investor in the background who would be interested in putting some money in to improve Chelsea's training facilities and another contact, who will be available soon,  who has significant experience in running a major football club with a track record of considerable success.
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 25, 2021, 2:36pm; Reply: 6

Abramovich probably never got over the fact that Green scored against them when he can't hit a barn door with a banjo in League Two.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 25, 2021, 2:42pm; Reply: 7
Lot's of club legends get given a go as manager and few live up to the billing. A team with the wealth and success of Chelsea should be picking from the cream of Europe's proven managers. Can't understand why they make these kinds of appointments, as it's not the first time they have gone with an ex player.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, January 25, 2021, 2:43pm; Reply: 8
The Premier League has become a parody of itself.

It will be like the ad on the telly soon - they will be changing managers whilst a VAR check is underway or something similar.

Posted by: Abdul19, January 25, 2021, 2:56pm; Reply: 9
Spent a fortune and couldn't organise a defence.
Posted by: devs, January 25, 2021, 2:57pm; Reply: 10
The Premier League has become a parody of itself.

It will be like the ad on the telly soon - they will be changing managers whilst a VAR check is underway or something similar.

This!

Man U - resist several/may calls for Ole GS to sacked...now look at things
Chelsea - no mid/long term planning in any aspect of the club - Lampard is young - needed supporting - why appoint him in first place

Pathetic - but not surprising

Posted by: RonMariner, January 25, 2021, 3:01pm; Reply: 11
OGS would be long gone if he was at Chelsea. It seems a few weeks of bad results and you are done for, even if you'd won the Prem the season before!
Posted by: Bigdog, January 25, 2021, 3:34pm; Reply: 12
Tuchel > Lampard
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, January 25, 2021, 3:59pm; Reply: 13
Spent a fortune on Germans and attackers, but no defenders.  Paid a fortune (before) for a very poor keeper.  Due diligence anyone?  Foreign strikers and midfielders often take a year to settle-in to the Prem.   He was not given this time.

Ironically, did better with the yuffs, transfer embargo and lower expectations.  We kick-started their season with a confidence building win (for them).  
Posted by: lee65, January 25, 2021, 4:05pm; Reply: 14
Holloway has also told Abramovich that he has an investor in the background who would be interested in putting some money in to improve Chelsea's training facilities and another contact, who will be available soon,  who has significant experience in running a major football club with a track record of considerable success.

Chelsea then did "due diligence" on said investor and found that he wasn't up to their usual standard of dodginess  ;)
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 25, 2021, 4:23pm; Reply: 15
Odd decision, but shouldn't be suprised.
Posted by: smokey111, January 25, 2021, 4:35pm; Reply: 16
Humourless and sanctimonious. Pulling apart a journalist who dared to criticise him was the final bail. How the hell his Derby team never got automatic promotion I will never know. Will pop up at a Championship club with money to spend.
Posted by: golfer, January 25, 2021, 4:45pm; Reply: 17
Could Lampard be persuaded by an astute non chairman to make a comeback as a player for a financially secure 2nd. division team that is going places ?
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, January 25, 2021, 4:48pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Spent a fortune on Germans and attackers, but no defenders.  Paid a fortune (before) for a very poor keeper.  Due diligence anyone?  Foreign strikers and midfielders often take a year to settle-in to the Prem.   He was not given this time.

Ironically, did better with the yuffs, transfer embargo and lower expectations.  We kick-started their season with a confidence building win (for them).  

Lampard didn’t. Granovskaia did. Lampard was just Head Coach.

Sarri signed Kepa. Except he didn’t. Granovskaia did.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Lampard was a placeholder for when someone like Tuchel became free. Havertz, Ziyech and Werner didn’t really fit with Lampard’s preferred formation.

Posted by: RonMariner, January 29, 2021, 9:51am; Reply: 19
It's been a few weeks since Spurs topped the Premier League so presumably Jose is next on the chopping block after last night.
Posted by: Oggyfish, January 29, 2021, 10:26am; Reply: 20
Lampard new what he was letting himself in for at Chelsea, he played for them for long enough. If he'd been on £500 a week and lost his job and still had a mortgage and family to support I feel sorry. But he wasn't and he'll still get the pay off, being a so called legend as a player means nothing when it comes to management apart from it probably opens doors that a lesser player making the switch would find locked. Sorry no sympathy from me! He'll be sat at home feeling all sorry for himself, then he'll check his bank account and feel all better again!
Posted by: diehardmariner, January 29, 2021, 2:26pm; Reply: 21
Farcical that he walked into the Derby job and again that he got the Chelsea job.  No merit or credentials other than his name.

Only defence of him is that he's never had control of the transfers and I wonder how much pressure he was under to play the new signings ahead of the young lads who did him so well in his first season.

Lampard was always a player I struggled to warm to, no doubting his abilities but always seemed sulky.  As a manager he confirmed this with a lot of his interviews.  One of those who was chirpy when times were good but lashed out under the slightest bit of pressure.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, January 29, 2021, 2:34pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from diehardmariner
...........One of those who was chirpy when times were good but lashed out under the slightest bit of pressure.

Im getting the idea of deja vu. Who else do we know like that?

Posted by: diehardmariner, January 29, 2021, 2:37pm; Reply: 23
True!

In fairness, I think most managers are like that.  In fact most people.

I've just never taken to Lampard.  Something about him.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, January 29, 2021, 2:48pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from diehardmariner
Farcical that he walked into the Derby job and again that he got the Chelsea job.  No merit or credentials other than his name.

Only defence of him is that he's never had control of the transfers and I wonder how much pressure he was under to play the new signings ahead of the young lads who did him so well in his first season.

Lampard was always a player I struggled to warm to, no doubting his abilities but always seemed sulky.  As a manager he confirmed this with a lot of his interviews.  One of those who was chirpy when times were good but lashed out under the slightest bit of pressure.

It also says something about the craze for coaching qualifications. Famous player? Got all your badges? Here’s a job.

Next celeb for the sack, the current Derby manager?

Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, January 29, 2021, 4:22pm; Reply: 25
I bet even after all this time since he retired he is still better than everyone in our team. If it gets him out the house, I wonder if he would sign on a Pay per Play, if hes got nowt else on obviously.
Print page generated: April 18, 2024, 9:47am