Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: earwigo, January 24, 2021, 9:56am
The boardroom stipulated with their actions the club could only buy headless chickens. So that’s what we have running around the pitch, once those chickens have crossed the white line nothing the manager can do except bring on a different member. Sooner the old fashioned board are gone the better.  :-/
Posted by: cannylad68, January 24, 2021, 10:38am; Reply: 1
Who would red cross this post?

The same person who will red cross mine.
Posted by: DB, January 24, 2021, 11:44am; Reply: 2
And mine.... they must be supporters of headless chickens
Posted by: earwigo, January 24, 2021, 11:46am; Reply: 3
They can Red Cross all they like. I don’t agree with them if i did it would mean I’m wearing rose tinted also. End
Posted by: moosey_club, January 24, 2021, 1:54pm; Reply: 4
The boardroom are full of sh!t,  they voted for the salary cap because they knew it would be a good excuse not to spend money but stay on a par with the rival clubs....however while every club used the delayed introduction to get a few players in outside of the salary cap restrictions we failed to renew contract offers, introduced the covid clauses , delayed coming back in, furloughed everyone we could, lost an assistant manager, then said we have spent the budget....but then a short while later say that money us no object in the transfer window.....happy to try and woo a fraudster to prop them up but run a mile when their plot was uncovered.
They are even busy pedalling the propaganda now by stating that the incoming consortium have a say on the new management and the transfer window budget...trying to deflect any blame when we do eventually get relegated.

They are spineless tw@ts and I truly hope that should this takeover be completed they are all barred for life.
Posted by: mimma, January 24, 2021, 4:38pm; Reply: 5
The " boardroom", as you put it, will change once the takeover is completed. I expect to see a more forward thinking regime which, given time, will drag us into the modern world.

It's imperative that we survive as a league club this season. Should we fail, then I can't see us surviving as a club.

Time to stop bickering among ourselves, it's not helping, and get behind the club for the sake of the new regime

UTM
Posted by: oochiad, January 24, 2021, 4:50pm; Reply: 6
The consortium surely have a plan B for if we get relegated, otherwise they wouldn’t be investing as it’s a risk to far with this team of headless chickens to stay up. We won’t fold as a club I’m sure of that in non league........god forbid we end up there.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 24, 2021, 5:17pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from mimma
The " boardroom", as you put it, will change once the takeover is completed. I expect to see a more forward thinking regime which, given time, will drag us into the modern world.

It's imperative that we survive as a league club this season. Should we fail, then I can't see us surviving as a club.

Time to stop bickering among ourselves, it's not helping, and get behind the club for the sake of the new regime

UTM

Of course we'll survive, why wouldn't we?

What a ridiculous comment.
Posted by: Bigdog, January 24, 2021, 5:49pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from mimma

UTM

We'll survive due to goodwill extended to the new owners in the short to medium term. The big danger is the task of getting back into the EFL. Did the Conference clubs agree a salary cap of £900k? Because if they did, we'll lose any advantage of being able to offer better wages for players, even the smallest of clubs in that league will be able to match us and thanks to Fenty and Co, our reputation and standing as a respected Football League club has diminished over the past two decades.

While your " I can't see us surviving as a club" claim hasn't been very popular, a few seasons down there and not being able to capitalise on our greater income, more will come to that way of thinking. Any team that gets relegated this season under these communistic knee-jerk farcical salary cap rules could struggle for a very long time to get back if the cap remains in situ..
Posted by: DB, January 24, 2021, 5:56pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from oochiad
The consortium surely have a plan B for if we get relegated, otherwise they wouldn’t be investing as it’s a risk to far with this team of headless chickens to stay up. We won’t fold as a club I’m sure of that in non league........god forbid we end up there.

Apart from a tweet, commented on here, from Tom'o we've heard nothing from the 3 Amigos. There is no plan B, because we don't know plan A. Some sort of positive statement would be good. They said something like they want to involve the fans so TALK TO US.
Posted by: moosey_club, January 24, 2021, 8:04pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from DB

Apart from a tweet, commented on here, from Tom'o we've heard nothing from the 3 Amigos. There is no plan B, because we don't know plan A. Some sort of positive statement would be good. They said something like they want to involve the fans so TALK TO US.

i understand that but.....as they dont actually own fck all yet and have no power whatsoever then maybe they are keeping zipped until it all actually goes through.....if it does goes through....that is.  
The longer it goes i am getting less confident that it actually will happen.
Posted by: forza ivano, January 24, 2021, 8:33pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from moosey_club

i understand that but.....as they dont actually own fck all yet and have no power whatsoever then maybe they are keeping zipped until it all actually goes through.....if it does goes through....that is.  
The longer it goes i am getting less confident that it actually will happen.

i'm told it's progressing ok. Fingers crossed that state of affairs will continue and if so i'd expect to be hearing the news we all want in the next couple of weeks, given Tony Butcher's timescale when he spoke to Radio Humberside
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, January 24, 2021, 8:51pm; Reply: 12
Yes, would be very hard to get out of NL (again).  As in most things in life, it is much easier to prevent something happening than dealing with the consequences afterwards.

Oh wait, ................we don’t do that.
Posted by: Azimuth, January 24, 2021, 9:07pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from oochiad

I would take an actual Plan A, we havnt had one since our promotion back to the league.
Posted by: moosey_club, January 24, 2021, 9:19pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from forza ivano

i'm told it's progressing ok. Fingers crossed that state of affairs will continue and if so i'd expect to be hearing the news we all want in the next couple of weeks, given Tony Butcher's timescale when he spoke to Radio Humberside

i  hope you have a good source. I have zero optimism left in the club/ board/ EFL to even dare to believe its going to complete.  :o
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 6:56pm