Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: It Bites, January 23, 2021, 5:49pm
Will they still want to be associated with the club after everything that's gone on ?
Posted by: forza ivano, January 23, 2021, 6:03pm; Reply: 1
so long as they keep brewing their double chocolate stout, i don't give a shiite
Posted by: moosey_club, January 23, 2021, 6:33pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from forza ivano
so long as they keep brewing their double chocolate stout, i don't give a shiite

Ooohhhh...been a while since I have had one of those...

Just had the tiny rebel imperial mint choc stout though.
Posted by: forza ivano, January 23, 2021, 7:18pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from moosey_club

Ooohhhh...been a while since I have had one of those...

Just had the tiny rebel imperial mint choc stout though.

sounds nice. Think Youngs have changed the recipe, it's notas chocolatey as before, more bitter/coffee. Bateman's Victory is continuing to be my number 1 lockdown bottle
Posted by: moosey_club, January 23, 2021, 8:13pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from forza ivano

sounds nice. Think Youngs have changed the recipe, it's notas chocolatey as before, more bitter/coffee. Bateman's Victory is continuing to be my number 1 lockdown bottle

Not seen the youngs double choc for a while .....the tiny rebel was one of a Christmas box l got...over 9% ..

Working my way through a gift pack of Flavourly ....mainly pales and pils but nice...and only the small 330ml cans so great for lots of different tasting in a session
Posted by: friskneymariner, January 23, 2021, 8:23pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from forza ivano

One of 2 good things to come out of Wainfleet.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 23, 2021, 8:31pm; Reply: 6
Have they stopped making Ocean pies and fish fingers?
Posted by: SomeSanity, January 23, 2021, 8:40pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from It Bites
Will they still want to be associated with the club after everything that's gone on ?

I don't think that's the issue.

The issue is the club has put all their eggs in Young's basket. Shirt, back-of-shirt and short sponsor oh and the Young's stand while other clubs spread it out over multiple businesses.

What happens when they eventually pull out? The whole commercial and marketing output of this club is p*iss poor. I think is that down to the lack of having professionals at the club? Or is it something else?

By sticking with the same partners without pursuing other avenues for over a decade shows a real lack of forward thinking by this football clubs commercial dept. It either needs knowledgable additions or people need to move on. Our problems are more that our playing staff.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, January 23, 2021, 9:38pm; Reply: 8
I think this is why the new owners want to bring Mark Palmer and his business acumen in to shake up sponsorship deals etc
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 4:48am