Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Hagrid, January 23, 2021, 2:56pm
Early. Gone to me room as i cant watch anymore, players have largely escaped criticism but they are gutless spineless dross with no pride. Equally all as bad as each other. I think we missed Waterfall badly at CB, he is a clogger but he organises, Send Preston Back, Bin off Rose Williams Green, Jackson Gibson, christ id get rid of the lot if we could. I dont buy into we sign a striker we’ll stay up, we dont create a thing. Im furious with JF & IH for what they have done but that performance today was a disgrace.
matete looked like he wants the ball and i thought he actually looked Ok
I’ve resigned myself to the drop now, just cant see a way out

Southend Port Vale Scunny. 0 goals 6 conceded barely a shot in each game, 1 point. Doomed.
Posted by: RonMariner, January 23, 2021, 3:03pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from Hagrid
Early. Gone to me room as i cant watch anymore, players have largely escaped criticism but they are gutless spineless dross with no pride. Equally all as bad as each other. I think we missed Waterfall badly at CB, he is a clogger but he organises, Send Preston Back, Bin off Rose Williams Green, Jackson Gibson, christ id get rid of the lot if we could. I dont buy into we sign a striker we’ll stay up, we dont create a thing. Im furious with JF & IH for what they have done but that performance today was a disgrace.

Southend Port Vale Scunny. 0 goals 6 conceded barely a shot in each game, 1 point. Doomed.

Hard to argue with any of that.

We've had it.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, January 23, 2021, 3:04pm; Reply: 2
It’s been awful.
Completely agree about Waterfall, Menayese really struggled on debut.

I thought Rose and Williams added a bit 2nd half. Hewitt was utterly shocking and I really think Habergham looks way off being ready to play, Preston was better at left back.

We were very unlucky with the decisions for the 1st and 3rd goal but we still were nowhere near deserving anything from the game.  

Positive to see Hanson get 70 minutes.

Shame on you John Fenty, Philip Day and Ian Holloway. This is your mess!!!!!
Posted by: horsforthmariner, January 23, 2021, 3:05pm; Reply: 3
Well I introduced my 4 day old baby boy to the mighty mariners today - he cried through the second half, I felt like doing the same
Posted by: Ruston AT, January 23, 2021, 3:06pm; Reply: 4

Come on Poojah, we need one of your letters.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 23, 2021, 3:10pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Ruston AT

Come on Poojah, we need one of your letters.

I don’t think that game told us anything we didn’t know.

The free kick was a worldly, the third was offside but no excuses, we’re rubbish and we know we are.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 23, 2021, 3:11pm; Reply: 6
Around 5 mins before the end someone played a square ball to Hendrie it was about 3 metres in front of him but he made no real effort to get it, that tells you everything you need to know.

Other than the lad from Fleetwood the rest especially the few with EFL experience need to hang their heads in shame.

If it doesn’t mean to them what it means to us they need to see their agents and try and get a move, some of the current squad are very lucky that the supporters aren’t allowed in as they’d be destroyed by even the most fair minded of us.

Even with this amount of games left based on what we’re seeing we need a miracle.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, January 23, 2021, 3:12pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from horsforthmariner
Well I introduced my 4 day old baby boy to the mighty mariners today - he cried through the second half, I felt like doing the same

Congratulations to you Horsforth even if he's clearly a bloody Jonah 😉
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, January 23, 2021, 3:13pm; Reply: 8
I'm too f@cking annoyed to comment!!..
Posted by: jimgtfc, January 23, 2021, 3:17pm; Reply: 9
I’ve had hope we could get out of this until today. I just can’t see a way out of this now.
Posted by: RichMariner, January 23, 2021, 3:18pm; Reply: 10
I've cut the players some slack before now (not sure why — maybe because we all know the issues stem from events that have happened off the pitch) but today's the first time I felt like turning on them.

Too many of them — no, just about all of them — looked like they were going through the motions, totally oblivious that it was a local derby and that thousands of Town fans were watching.

One of the biggest games in our recent history and we played it like it was a pre-season friendly.
Posted by: Mariner93er, January 23, 2021, 3:27pm; Reply: 11
We're copulated, down, no chance of survival. intercourse me, I want to grasp at straws but there's nothing to grasp at. Even the players I thought were dependable have become terrible - Hendrie's chin doesn't lift from his chest, maybe he knows as well as the rest of is that we're relegated.

My god I wish I didn't care, could just walk away from this shower of excrement that's constantly served up. It's like paying a tenner every week to get kicked in the balls.
Posted by: forza ivano, January 23, 2021, 3:31pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Mariner93er
We're copulated, down, no chance of survival. intercourse me, I want to grasp at straws but there's nothing to grasp at. Even the players I thought were dependable have become terrible - Hendrie's chin doesn't lift from his chest, maybe he knows as well as the rest of is that we're relegated.

My god I wish I didn't care, could just walk away from this shower of excrement that's constantly served up. It's like paying a tenner every week to get kicked in the balls.

you've summed it up perfectly
Posted by: headingly_mariner, January 23, 2021, 3:35pm; Reply: 13
Just heard Hurst’s interview, one of the only times I’ve heard him hammer the players publicly.

Hopefully we will see a reaction on Tuesday.
Posted by: Bigdog, January 23, 2021, 3:50pm; Reply: 14
Can only look forward after that horror show. A poor Scunthorpe side had to do nothing to win comfortably. Players culpable and Hurst too with that starting eleven. So where do we go now? Which players can we rely on and what do we need to get to 50 points? I don't know what budget we've got left but I'll try to create my own shopping list in order of importance.

First off all I think that we're not going to pick up points with only two in midfield, so a midfield three with four at the back, two wide men and one up top supported by one of the midfield and the two wide men.

With Max, Morais, Scannell and Williams, out wide we're covered, so new width not needed.

We don't need a right back and I hope Habergham's match fitness comes back quickly, I'm trusting Hurst on this one, although I'm not entirely convinced.

So that leaves us with the spine of the team.

Priority One

A mobile forward who can hold the ball up and has got a goal or two in him. I don't like the way we play when Hanson is in the team but he would be a good option to come off the bench. The other forwards are useless. If we could ship them out to get a second forward in, that would be great, but I can't see that happening.

Priority Two

Centre midfield. We need two, one to do Rose's job better in front of the back four, and one to play off the new striker. I don't mind either Bennett or Williams in that role and they may flourish with better players around them, so main midfield priority is a decent quality aggressive, mobile breaker up of play as a foil for Matete who was impressive today, but a better no 10 would be welcome too.

Priority Three

A centre half. I thought the new lad did ok today in his first game for a new club. Added some athleticism. I think we need to stop thinking that Waterfall and Pollock are decent at this level, they're both culpable for our shocking defensive record, not completely but still culpable. Nothing to lose at this point, so if I was Hurst I'd go for a completely new centre half pairing with Waterfall and Pollock as back ups.

Priority Four

A new keeper in on loan not getting games much higher up the pyramid. With Macca's form, it's a calculated risk worth taking. We're conceding so many goals, let's have a clear out of the spine at the back.

If we're still in the market for four or five, that's where I'd spend the money..
Posted by: toontown, January 23, 2021, 4:05pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Steve Richards

Bin Rose & Williams you are having a laugh by far our most creative players on the pitch today!

Williams has 1 good game in 6. Achieved nothing today.

Rose is a meh  player. OK if the game is going well to tick over possession but no real creativity, slow, immobile and some right clangers dropped this season.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, January 23, 2021, 4:08pm; Reply: 16
3 of Roses first 4 contributions were fouls. Williams gave it ago and even put a couple of tackles in, but not what we need right now.
Posted by: Hagrid, January 23, 2021, 4:08pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Steve Richards

Bin Rose & Williams you are having a laugh by far our most creative players on the pitch today!

They’re both useless
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, January 23, 2021, 4:09pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from toontown

Rose is a meh  player. OK if the game is going well to tick over possession but no real creativity, slow, immobile and some right clangers dropped this season.

Tom Newey was singing Rose's praises but I doubt the player we're seeing is the same one he remembers playing with

I've not seen anything from him this season that gives me any confidence he will achieve anything for us
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, January 23, 2021, 4:39pm; Reply: 19
“We played like it was a pre-season game, not a local derby against one of our main rivals, and with many Town fans watching”.

Would this be the ONLY pre-season game?
Posted by: sam gy, January 23, 2021, 4:48pm; Reply: 20
Williams at least showed a willingness to get on the ball and run at players/try and create something. Probably more so than the whole team in the first half.

Matete looked impressive.

Green for Scunny seemed to have the beating of Hendrie every time, what’s happened to him?

Habergham looks off the pace and was closed down by Gillead every time.

Wright...did he touch the ball?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 23, 2021, 4:51pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Bigdog
Can only look forward after that horror show. A poor Scunthorpe side had to do nothing to win comfortably. Players culpable and Hurst too with that starting eleven. So where do we go now? Which players can we rely on and what do we need to get to 50 points? I don't know what budget we've got left but I'll try to create my own shopping list in order of importance.

First off all I think that we're not going to pick up points with only two in midfield, so a midfield three with four at the back, two wide men and one up top supported by one of the midfield and the two wide men.

With Max, Morais, Scannell and Williams, out wide we're covered, so new width not needed.

We don't need a right back and I hope Habergham's match fitness comes back quickly, I'm trusting Hurst on this one, although I'm not entirely convinced.

Priority One

A mobile forward who can hold the ball up and has got a goal or two in him. I don't like the way we play when Hanson is in the team but he would be a good option to come off the bench. The other forwards are useless. If we could ship them out to get a second forward in, that would be great, but I can't see that happening.

Priority Two

Centre midfield. We need two, one to do Rose's job better in front of the back four, and one to play off the new striker. I don't mind either Bennett or Williams in that role and they may flourish with better players around them, so main midfield priority is a decent quality aggressive, mobile breaker up of play as a foil for Matete who was impressive today, but a better no 10 would be welcome too.

Priority Three

A centre half. I thought the new lad did ok today in his first game for a new club. Added some athleticism. I think we need to stop thinking that Waterfall and Pollock are decent at this level, they're both culpable for our shocking defensive record, not completely but still culpable. Nothing to lose at this point, so if I was Hurst I'd go for a completely new centre half pairing with Waterfall and Pollock as back ups.

Priority Four

A new keeper in on loan not getting games much higher up the pyramid. With Macca's form, it's a calculated risk worth taking. We're conceding so many goals, let's have a clear out of the spine at the back.

If we're still in the market for four or five, that's where I'd spend the money..

We all know what we need but players with the attitude, spirit, fight and ability we need to get us out of this mess won’t sign for us even on loan, who wants to be in a relegation dog fight with team mates like the ones we’ve seen today.
Posted by: smokey111, January 23, 2021, 4:56pm; Reply: 22
Had hope, trust and belief in Hurst to turn this around. Very worried now. A few appeared to not be putting 100% in. Inexcusable. Trying to grasp at something. The number of games still left? Maybe, some money will be thrown at the problem this week? A couple more loans? There has now been a public acknowledgement by the manager and a senior player that some are going through the motions?

Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, January 23, 2021, 5:02pm; Reply: 23
I believe Waterfall and Mayo will be a good pairing. Hendrie just isn't good enough, he got absolutely ripped apart today. Matete showed promise and if he had a Clifton next to him it may work but Hewitt was a passenger today and was all over the place. Desperately need another CM in there, our wide options are poor. We can't pin all our hopes on Scannell and Wright as they are too inconsistent for me and most of all we are desperate for a striker.
Posted by: jaf243, January 23, 2021, 5:27pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from smokey111
Had hope, trust and belief in Hurst to turn this around. Very worried now. A few appeared to not be putting 100% in. Inexcusable. Trying to grasp at something. The number of games still left? Maybe, some money will be thrown at the problem this week? A couple more loans? There has now been a public acknowledgement by the manager and a senior player that some are going through the motions?

Which player has said something? Macca?
Posted by: davmariner, January 23, 2021, 5:28pm; Reply: 25
Hanson post match I think.
Posted by: Numanoid, January 23, 2021, 5:46pm; Reply: 26
Poo!  Nuff said !😂
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 23, 2021, 7:03pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Hagrid

Not sure I can agree with that when you look at most of the goals we concede in and around the 6 yard area, I don't think we have anybody who organises our defence.
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 23, 2021, 7:07pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Bigdog

Priority One

Priority Two

Priority Three

Priority Four

Really? Morais and Scannell are nowhere near fit enough to play consistently, Williams ran about abit when he came on today but apart from the odd game has looked poor and sadly Max Wright is injury prone.
Posted by: Bigdog, January 24, 2021, 6:36am; Reply: 29
Quoted from arryarryarry

Really? Morais and Scannell are nowhere near fit enough to play consistently, Williams ran about abit when he came on today but apart from the odd game has looked poor and sadly Max Wright is injury prone.

Higher priorities in defence, up front, central midfield and keeper imho before we look at wide positions. Our spine is very weak. a wide player to add to those four would be about the sixth signing I'd make and I don't think we've got enough to spend within the cap. Based on today, money no object, I'd bin nine and keep the new signings..
Posted by: Davec, January 24, 2021, 7:45am; Reply: 30
Where is Hanson's interview please?
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, January 24, 2021, 8:09am; Reply: 31
I feel sick just thinking about GTFC at the moment. Literally feel sick and want to vomit. What a fooking disgrace.
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 24, 2021, 5:59pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from toontown

To be honest that has been my view since the first game.
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 24, 2021, 6:51pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from Davec
Where is Hanson's interview please?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p093pnzv

About 1.07 in.
Print page generated: April 24, 2024, 2:22pm