Print Topic - Archive

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: It Bites, January 23, 2021, 8:29am
Very hard frost out this way. Hope they've got the covers on at the tin shed
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, January 23, 2021, 8:42am; Reply: 1
Wouldn't surprise me if they've left the covers off on purpose and sprayed the pitch with dry ice!...
Posted by: aldi_01, January 23, 2021, 9:04am; Reply: 2
Could be the worst surface ever, best surface ever...two atrocious teams won’t make it any better...
Posted by: moosey_club, January 23, 2021, 9:15am; Reply: 3
Well with Scunny having been such a massive club in the last 10 -15 yrs  I am sure Lincs Iron Man could confirm that the Sands Stadium does now in fact have undersoill heating, a retractable roof and the pitch actually gets fully relaid after every game.
Should be no problem with getting the game on.
Posted by: Epworth Mariner, January 23, 2021, 9:42am; Reply: 4
Could be a risk I reckon.........my garden still frozen solid.......sun out and clearing some frost but very hard underneath.
Their game v Bradford was called off recently with frozen pitch.....
Not heard of any pitch inspection.......but forecast still feels like freezing all day.....
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 23, 2021, 10:01am; Reply: 5
Quoted from moosey_club
Well with Scunny having been such a massive club in the last 10 -15 yrs  I am sure Lincs Iron Man could confirm that the Sands Stadium does now in fact have undersoill heating, a retractable roof and the pitch actually gets fully relaid after every game.
Should be no problem with getting the game on.

Is Scunny’s ground sponsored by that old night club above the slotties in Meggies?
Posted by: ginnywings, January 23, 2021, 10:04am; Reply: 6
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Is Scunny’s ground sponsored by that old night club above the slotties in Meggies?

It's about their level now. Sands club was rough as a badgers, and I spent many a drunken night in there.
Posted by: moosey_club, January 23, 2021, 10:10am; Reply: 7
Quoted from KingstonMariner

No not that one, that was later to become Dappers..... little desert island  logo....haha....I used to go school with the then Sands Club  owners daughter before it closed/ changed hands. Was too young to use the place but did go in with the daughter a couple of times to see her dad and get a free bottle of coke.
Happy days 79/80 ish
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 23, 2021, 10:12am; Reply: 8
Quoted from ginnywings

It's about their level now. Sands club was rough as a badgers, and I spent many a drunken night in there.

I enjoyed it. Went in a few times in the early 80s and it was something else. Always seemed to be a poor man’s Johnny Mathis singing and women swooning over him. In those days it was one of the few places you saw women with tattoos. I’m sure the drummer always had a homosexual in the corner of his mouth with an inch of ash hanging off.

Was mainly in there as it was late night drinking. Introduced to it by our old history teacher .
Posted by: ginnywings, January 23, 2021, 10:16am; Reply: 9
Wouldn't hurt if the game is off. Barrow have no game today and we play them Tuesday night. On the other hand, if it's on and we manage to sneak a win, Stevenage and Southend have tough looking fixtures today...

If only.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 23, 2021, 10:18am; Reply: 10
Frosty down here so must be cold there. Nice day for a walk but will do that before the afternoon so home in time for the match if it’s on.
Posted by: marinerdazza, January 23, 2021, 10:21am; Reply: 11
Oh I love the swear filter.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 23, 2021, 10:30am; Reply: 12
Quoted from marinerdazza
Oh I love the swear filter.

I thought I was the only one that noticed
Posted by: oochiad, January 23, 2021, 11:25am; Reply: 13
Made me laugh.......
Posted by: Epworth Mariner, January 23, 2021, 11:37am; Reply: 14
Sam Hamergham sat in his car near ground.....so obviously on!
Posted by: MarinerDevil, January 23, 2021, 11:38am; Reply: 15
Definitely on.

https://twitter.com/NathanRaynes26/status/1352940410923081728?s=19
Posted by: buckstown, January 23, 2021, 11:41am; Reply: 16
Took me a minute or two to work it out. What got me confused was that I did see a man with a homosexual in his mouth in Sands one night
Posted by: Grimal, January 23, 2021, 11:43am; Reply: 17
Quoted from Epworth Mariner
Sam Hamergham sat in his car near ground.....so obviously on!

Kin-Hell, he's keen and obviously up for it, let's hope the rest of the squad are as well. 💪👍

Posted by: RonMariner, January 23, 2021, 12:09pm; Reply: 18
Huge game today. Win this one and we are well on our way.

We are playing a very poor side that even we managed to beat a few weeks ago under Holloway. So this will be a good indicator of how much, if any, progress has been made since his departure.  
Posted by: Hagrid, January 23, 2021, 12:10pm; Reply: 19
Hanson starts!
Posted by: RonMariner, January 23, 2021, 12:11pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Hagrid
Hanson starts!

Great!

Anyone got line up?
Posted by: Sigone, January 23, 2021, 12:13pm; Reply: 21
Starting XI: McKeown (c), Hendrie, Menayese, Pollock, Preston, Wright, Matete, Hewitt, Habergham, Green, Hanson.

Subs: Russell, Rose, Scannell, Spokes, Gibson, Williams, Jackson Jr.
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, January 23, 2021, 12:14pm; Reply: 22
Here we go. Your #GTFC Starting XI: McKeown (c), Hendrie, Menayese, Pollock, Preston, Wright, Matete, Hewitt, Habergham, Green, Hanson.

Subs: Russell, Rose, Scannell, Spokes, Gibson, Williams, Jackson Jr.

#GTFC
Posted by: lee65, January 23, 2021, 12:14pm; Reply: 23
Not on iFollow yet, pitch looks ok
Posted by: RonMariner, January 23, 2021, 12:16pm; Reply: 24
Looks like 4-4-2.

No Bennet, Morais or Waterfall in the squad.  
Posted by: ginnywings, January 23, 2021, 12:17pm; Reply: 25
No Waterfall in squad.

Injured?
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 2:40pm