Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 22, 2021, 8:54pm
I won't add a poll as not too sure what to put for the options but on a scale of 1 to 10. where 10 is, Missing it like mad and can't wait to get back to 1, not missing it at all and probably won't go back when we're allowed. how much are you missing your regular visits to Blundell Park?

I'm thinking mainly of Town home games obviously, rather than awaydays.
Posted by: Hagrid, January 22, 2021, 8:57pm; Reply: 1
More than I can say, my saturday is football, my social life revolves around the match, i miss it so so much
Posted by: moosey_club, January 22, 2021, 9:37pm; Reply: 2
Really not anymore....the lockdown has put paid to my appetite for quite a few things i thought i would hardly  be able to live without prior.  Dont miss the lads night out , i miss not being able to pop in the pub of an afternoon for a couple of pints but a night on the strip i just cant see myself bothering with again on a regular basis......regards Town , although the football and quality on offer has been abysmal , that alone wouldnt normally put me off , but the enforced break of habit and whole p!ss poor affair of Fenty/Holloway/May/Day et all has just finished my enthusiasm off.
If the doors were opened next week i honestly think i wouldnt be there. My appetite may come back but i think even with doors open it will be restricted attendance, other measures in place and wont feel anything like it used to.

Going to be a long road back for football i think.  
Posted by: LH, January 22, 2021, 10:08pm; Reply: 3
Varies week to week. Would love to be there tomorrow but post May Day but before Christmas Town were pretty much dead to me. I will be back but I am one of the core 2000 who will buy a season ticket even if i had to pay with a different finger every season. Will the floating support be back now that the PL has a foothold on TV for all games? We’ll see.
Posted by: oochiad, January 22, 2021, 10:21pm; Reply: 4
More than I can say, as not only the football I’m missing but my father who I normally take. He’s 86 with health problems meaning he’s been shielding. I haven’t been able to see him for months. We still share match days via the phone, can’t wait for all this to be over.....UTM!
Posted by: GYinScuntland, January 22, 2021, 10:29pm; Reply: 5
I said on a previous thread in March or April last year when this all started that people would find better things to do with their time and it would be hard to get them back.
I honestly think we'll still be having this conversation this time next year with everyone blaming everyone else for the situation we're in.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 22, 2021, 10:33pm; Reply: 6
Quite a lot. Probably only managed a dozen games a year normally so I was nearly always keen to go. As much for the social aspect, and going to the occasional new place.
Posted by: wuffing, January 23, 2021, 7:39am; Reply: 7
Missing the football? Well: Getting the lunchtime Barton train to Clee with my lad and going straight into the Number 2 pub under the clock; getting fish and chips and walking to Fuller Street bridge whilst pondering how many away fans will come and what the gate will be?; the match result? Into the UF Trust bar for a couple more bevvies and chat to whoever about whatever. The mad half-time dash for a quick one and then join the queue for a pish, usually missing second-half kick-off and annoying everyone in your row; the full-time pondering pint on the game in the UF bar and then a nice walk back up to Meggies for a couple more jars and the Barton train home at 1903.

Think I might give that a 10 Les :o
Posted by: Mariner93er, January 23, 2021, 8:20am; Reply: 8
As an exile, i get to more away games than home games. But I’ve missed them a lot. I think it’s the match day routine I miss the most. I still get that excitement in the morning and then enjoy the social aspect of the journey down and the pub.

Having said that, there have been weeks where my motivation has waned, particularly pre Christmas with crackers Holloway, shocking performances and the Fenty debacle. Yet today I’ve got a tinge of excitement probably because of the performance of the game.

I also think that being couped up in our houses has the natural effect of lowering motivation, so wouldn’t be surprised if those who don’t miss it now find themselves in Blundell park the moment the gates are open.
Posted by: It Bites, January 23, 2021, 8:26am; Reply: 9
Don't miss it at all . It's been a excrement show for 15 years . Stepping away from it has been a blessing .
Posted by: Rick12, January 23, 2021, 8:27am; Reply: 10

I miss more the live boxing.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 23, 2021, 9:49am; Reply: 11
Not missing it much at all to be honest. I was disillusioned with it before lockdown and finding myself spending weekends doing stuff that was actually enjoyable.

So, do I give up a nice weekend away walking in the Dales or Lakes just to watch 90 mins of dire football, or do I head for the hills on a Friday?

Not as tough a choice as it once was.
Posted by: Sir Matt Tease, January 23, 2021, 12:27pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from ginnywings
Not missing it much at all to be honest. I was disillusioned with it before lockdown and finding myself spending weekends doing stuff that was actually enjoyable.

So, do I give up a nice weekend away walking in the Dales or Lakes just to watch 90 mins of dire football, or do I head for the hills on a Friday?

Not as tough a choice as it once was.

This sums it up perfectly for me, to miss it, it has to be something that you are looking forward to and at the moment I'm not.

Posted by: NorfolkImp, January 23, 2021, 1:59pm; Reply: 13
How much am I missing possibly the best Imps side in my entire lifetime (first game back in 75’) ... just our bleedin’ luck isn’t it? 😩
Posted by: moosey_club, January 23, 2021, 3:30pm; Reply: 14
Just to reaffirm Les....

no .... not missing it   ;D
Posted by: denni266, January 23, 2021, 3:42pm; Reply: 15
Missing my fishing . bloody frost    .. mind it would have reminded me of our local team ... stood there wondering what to do now
Posted by: Zmariner, January 23, 2021, 3:45pm; Reply: 16
Season ticket for many years, it has been a game changer this season and I would be amazed if I get a season ticket next season. Spending time doing other things, and simply just do not enjoy watching Grimsby anymore
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 12:07pm