Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, January 20, 2021, 9:04am
After months of depressing news, think we have seen some better stuff over the last few days.

Last week.....new left back gets through 90 minutes and looks ok
                     Defence looks better and keeps clean sheet
                     New owners sending positive signals
                     Scunny lose

This week.....Young athletic centre back joins
                     Southend lose and remain bottom

Let’s hope for a couple more signings this week and a win v Scunny
Posted by: Mallyner, January 20, 2021, 10:01am; Reply: 1
Well Said Ilkley and also we have got a manager Baht' at.  :)
Posted by: Poojah, January 20, 2021, 10:07am; Reply: 2
I think you can add to that the return of some key players who will hopefully add to what has been playing recently in Hanson, Scannell and Wright.

If, and of course it remains an if, we can improve on what we’ve got with another shrewd signing or two, then it improves the complexion further.

A win on Saturday against Scunny would go even further.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 20, 2021, 10:24am; Reply: 3
Wednesday is the players day off, so Hurst will probably be concentrating on new signings today. We may see some movement before the weekend.
Posted by: Posh Harry, January 20, 2021, 12:38pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from ginnywings
Wednesday is the players day off, so Hurst will probably be concentrating on new signings today. We may see some movement before the weekend.

I know if I don’t see any movement by the weekend then I am bang in trouble 🙂
Posted by: Tommy, January 20, 2021, 2:20pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from ginnywings

Do players have EVERY Wednesday off? I assumed they just got a Wednesday off if it followed a Tuesday night game.
Posted by: bawarmy, January 20, 2021, 2:46pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from ginnywings

I think a lot of them should get Saturdays off
Posted by: DB, January 20, 2021, 2:47pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from bawarmy

I think a lot of them should get Saturdays off

I thought they every saturday  off.

Posted by: RonMariner, January 20, 2021, 3:03pm; Reply: 8
Things are staring to head our way, but we still desperately need new players and Saturday's game is crucial.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, January 20, 2021, 3:33pm; Reply: 9
I would like to see a striker come in. A new decent striker and Hanson fit for the rest of the season might make the world look very different (but don't get me started on Hanson....)

Not much has been said about the arrival of Morais (that all got a bit lost in the pre Christmas clusterf*ck) but he looks to have been a decent signing.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 20, 2021, 4:08pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Tommy

Do players have EVERY Wednesday off? I assumed they just got a Wednesday off if it followed a Tuesday night game.

Not certain, just thought that was the case, though as we are in deep trouble and we have a new manager, we may be in doing extra drills and training, trying to sort ourselves out. Think the biggest problem at the moment is the state of BP and Cheapside with all this rain. Can't be fun training on a waterlogged pitch.

Either way, I'm sure PH will be searching high and low for recruitments.
Print page generated: April 24, 2024, 8:22pm