Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: forza ivano, January 18, 2021, 7:48pm
https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/18976247.former-carlisle-united-forward-made-available-move-port-vale/?fbclid=IwAR2dvjfMeBGiTqUhJK4ivlDzn3R2lWPcwmtk0EcwAM4Pwrcjda9y0jQ_9l0

apparently we are being linked with him.Seems unlikely as both Carlisle and Vale fans have said he's got an attitude problem and has been a disruptive element

Theo Robinson, the diving, cheating ex Swindon forward has also been released by Vale. Wonder if he'd now consider one of our special Covid contracts!? ;D
Posted by: gytone, January 18, 2021, 7:54pm; Reply: 1
Isn't Robinson the striker Hollowords tried to sign in the summer, but he chose Vale because they never had a covid clause in the contract??  
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 18, 2021, 7:54pm; Reply: 2
Unless we get desperate and have to take a risk I’d be surprised if Hurst brought anyone in with an attitude.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 18, 2021, 7:59pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from gytone
Isn't Robinson the striker Hollowords tried to sign in the summer, but he chose Vale because they never had a covid clause in the contract??  

Yes.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, January 18, 2021, 8:03pm; Reply: 4
Robinson is a handful at this level. McKirdy has a bit of quality and is capable of finding the net, did they not expect big things of him at Villa?
Posted by: Bigdog, January 18, 2021, 8:27pm; Reply: 5
Robinson not rated by Vale fans at all, some very disparaging remarks, but I'm clinging onto these two "positive" posts on the Port Vale forum if we sign him and McKirdy..

Theo may be a decent footballer at this level......just not for us unfortunately.

Yeah, I agree and it's as much an admission of failure on our part as it is a reflection on Theo. A good coach would have got him (and McKirdy) excelling at this level.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, January 18, 2021, 8:29pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Unless we get desperate and have to take a risk I’d be surprised if Hurst brought anyone in with an attitude.

We don't have time for attitudes in your position do we? In any case Hurst met quite a bit of attitude at Shrewsbury and he simply sent them off to play on their own.

I don't think we have time for anybody who cannot add to the first team from day one so slightly built loanee wingers need not apply. ;)

Posted by: immariner, January 18, 2021, 8:30pm; Reply: 7
Where have we been linked? They've sacked their manager since that article was written so the situation has most likely changed.
Posted by: oochiad, January 18, 2021, 8:35pm; Reply: 8
Whoever Hurst brings in you know will be able and up for the fight without causing problems. He’s far to pragmatic not to.....
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, January 18, 2021, 8:56pm; Reply: 9
You'd hope Hurst learnt his lesson after Brodie
Posted by: chaos33, January 18, 2021, 9:49pm; Reply: 10
Brodie was a Scott choice/signing. Hurst didn’t want to do it.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 18, 2021, 9:56pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from chaos33

Long time, no post chaos.

Hope you're well.
Posted by: Poojah, January 18, 2021, 10:07pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Southwark Mariner
You'd hope Hurst learnt his lesson after Brodie

I might be wrong on this, but I'm sure it was suggested at the time that it had been Scott who pushed to sign Brodie, rather than Hurst. Ah well, at least his last kick of a ball in a Town shirt was memorable.  ??)

[img]https://i.ibb.co/VtSm1Lv/Grimsby-vs-Wrexham-1-1-Wrexham-win-afer-penalties-FA-Trophy-Final-highlights.gif[/img]
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, January 18, 2021, 10:14pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Poojah

I might be wrong on this, but I'm sure it was suggested at the time that it had been Scott who pushed to sign Brodie, rather than Hurst. Ah well, at least his last kick of a ball in a Town shirt was memorable.  ??)

[img]https://i.ibb.co/VtSm1Lv/Grimsby-vs-Wrexham-1-1-Wrexham-win-afer-penalties-FA-Trophy-Final-highlights.gif[/img]

Well I was sure Scott, after he left, said Brodie was a Hurst signing. Obviously that doesn't mean he was though!
Posted by: forza ivano, January 18, 2021, 10:25pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from immariner
Where have we been linked? They've sacked their manager since that article was written so the situation has most likely changed.

both have been 'deselected' by interim manager Danny Pugh
plenty on McKirdy's attitude via his wiki page, an example is below

https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/18153854.nobody-criticism-wouldnt-react-sort-flak-carlisle-utds-harry-mckirdy-also-received/

have to say, i don't like Robinson but he's got a pretty decent, cocnsistent goalscoring record
There's obviously a player in McKirdy but would Hurst find him too much trouble. Trying to think of a precedent when he's taken on a 'troubled soul' and turned him around
Posted by: Croxton, January 18, 2021, 11:00pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from chaos33

Welcome back. Your pithy commentary has been missed. Some of the posts this year are more like essays!
Posted by: Madeleymariner, January 18, 2021, 11:10pm; Reply: 16
Robinson has scored for fun in the past and had barren spells. I know his brother, reckons Vale have shafted him and not given him much chance only been given 5 or 6 starts. Worth a go  I reckon at least he has scored goals in the not too distant past.
Posted by: toontown, January 19, 2021, 8:17am; Reply: 17
Quoted from forza ivano

both have been 'deselected' by interim manager Danny Pugh
plenty on McKirdy's attitude via his wiki page, an example is below

https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/18153854.nobody-criticism-wouldnt-react-sort-flak-carlisle-utds-harry-mckirdy-also-received/

have to say, i don't like Robinson but he's got a pretty decent, cocnsistent goalscoring record
There's obviously a player in McKirdy but would Hurst find him too much trouble. Trying to think of a precedent when he's taken on a 'troubled soul' and turned him around

KVV? He had a bit of attitude didn't he? After a rocky start and dropping him etc he started to get good performances out of him didn't he?
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, January 19, 2021, 8:43am; Reply: 18
Mckirdy was Carlisle top scorer last season, but didn't want to sign a new contract with them

Sounds like a young lad with quality, but a bit of a hot head
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 19, 2021, 8:50am; Reply: 19
Both May warrant the infamous 6 month rolling contract
Posted by: AdamHaddock, January 19, 2021, 8:57am; Reply: 20
McKirdy is talented yet tempremental / inconsistent it would seem but the brief Youtube snippets I've seen are promising. Solo runs, a bit of energy and a decent header. He would definitely add something to one of the most feckless town frontlines I've ever seen - if Hurst can get the best ot of him and on a consistent basis.

Robinson - a bit of a journeyman but with a half decent scoring record. I'd take them both on short term deals if the budget allows

I suspect Robinson will rejoin Colchester
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 10:14pm