Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: forza ivano, January 18, 2021, 3:36pm
https://twitter.com/officialgtfc/status/1351190146339758081

young 6' 3 defender;presumably a Coughlan signing who has fallen out of favour

described as a powerful, quick right footed defender
https://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/2020/july/stags-capture-powerful-defender/
Posted by: Mikey_345, January 18, 2021, 3:37pm; Reply: 1
Welcome aboard. Quick and 6ft 3, attributes we miss.
Posted by: forza ivano, January 18, 2021, 3:49pm; Reply: 2
https://www.stagsnet.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=37805&p=859395&hilit=rollin+menayese#p859395

some encouraging words on here.

also noted that they have their own fans' ratings on a match by match basis and he was rated as 1 of this season's best performers
Posted by: RonMariner, January 18, 2021, 3:59pm; Reply: 3
Well many of us have bemoaned the lack of pace at centre half with the Waterfall/Pollock pairing so this signing looks like it sorts that out.
Posted by: RonMariner, January 18, 2021, 4:03pm; Reply: 4
Looks like the first two signings add much needed resource to the defense. Should make us harder to score against.

Now we need the midfield and front line strengthening.

Be great if we could get a couple more in this week.
Posted by: CatchOfTheDay, January 18, 2021, 4:07pm; Reply: 5
He's made 14 appearances this season so shouldn't be short of match fitness. I'd imagine him to start on the bench on Saturday after the team getting a clean sheet this weekend but should hopefully get to see a glimpse of him when Hurst introduces him as a late sub to sure up our 3-0 victory  ;)
Posted by: Total Hawsehole, January 18, 2021, 4:12pm; Reply: 6
Thought that was a wind-up since we've been "rolling back the years" with centre backs of yore!
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, January 18, 2021, 4:17pm; Reply: 7
Thought it said Roland Mayonaise
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, January 18, 2021, 4:23pm; Reply: 8
I'm pleased we've signed him but we need to sign his brother as well....

His brother is called Elvis. Elvis Menayese. THAT is a name.

(if Wikipedia is to be believed).
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, January 18, 2021, 4:34pm; Reply: 9
Keep rollin' rollin' rollin' rollin' (what?)
Keep rollin' rollin' rollin' rollin' (come on)
Keep rollin' rollin' rollin' rollin' (yeah)
Keep rollin' rollin' rollin' rollin'
Posted by: 140067 (Guest), January 18, 2021, 4:41pm; Reply: 10
Last played vs Cambridge away. Mansfield won 1-0, been on the bench since.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, January 18, 2021, 4:47pm; Reply: 11
Like this one.

all positive comments, but Mansfield like to splash the cash every year, and looks like they've done it with this lad, but then the manager lost his job.

Everyone has a way of playing, and a type of player... i reckon this one will do us the world of good
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 18, 2021, 4:50pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from forza ivano
https://www.stagsnet.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=37805&p=859395&hilit=rollin+menayese#p859395

some encouraging words on here.

also noted that they have their own fans' ratings on a match by match basis and he was rated as 1 of this season's best performers

More comments

https://www.stagsnet.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=38021

I wonder why Clough wants rid?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 18, 2021, 5:29pm; Reply: 13
Thought it said Roland Mayonaise

You missed the second L and the space

Roll and Mayonnaise. But with what filling?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 18, 2021, 5:30pm; Reply: 14
Bit of pace in defence won't come amiss.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 18, 2021, 5:33pm; Reply: 15
Just tried to listen to the interview. Gave up. Too much traffic noise.
Posted by: barrattstandman, January 18, 2021, 5:46pm; Reply: 16
Hope he is what we need . The question is why would a relegation rival want to let him go to a fellow  relegation rival  ?  If that had been an Ollie signing the reaction would be not so complimentary  that is a fact . Nevertheless welcome  and I hope you prove Nigel wrong .
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 18, 2021, 5:52pm; Reply: 17
Good signing on the face if it, will he be up front with Hanson?
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, January 18, 2021, 5:59pm; Reply: 18
Meanwhile Barrow sign 3 players today so movement is happening and can’t believe Barrow is any more an attractive proposition than Grimsby so hopefully our numbers will be boosted further this week.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, January 18, 2021, 6:03pm; Reply: 19
I would hazard a guess that he may have been the defender that Hursty wanted last week but was not allowed to leave, as Mayo Roll said that it was a week (or two) ago that it was organised.

I think it may have been a little bit naughty of Mansfield if it was him, as they probably didnt want to give us any advantage over Southend, hoping that we would lose and put some distance between us and everyone else.
Posted by: Croxton, January 18, 2021, 6:04pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Good signing on the face if it, will he be up front with Hanson?

Reassuring to see Hanson in full training and smiling! Much more activity in the background and with more positive body language.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 18, 2021, 6:33pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from barrattstandman
Hope he is what we need . The question is why would a relegation rival want to let him go to a fellow  relegation rival  ?  If that had been an Ollie signing the reaction would be not so complimentary  that is a fact . Nevertheless welcome  and I hope you prove Nigel wrong .

When Olly was still here, the reaction would have been positive. There were doubts about him but it only turned really anti-Holloway when he left.
Posted by: immariner, January 18, 2021, 6:38pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from barrattstandman

Mansfield aren't relegation rivals.They'll finish much closer to the play offs than the relegation spots. Wouldn't be surprised if they make the play offs.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 18, 2021, 6:38pm; Reply: 23
Keep rollin' rollin' rollin' rollin' (what?)
Keep rollin' rollin' rollin' rollin' (come on)
Keep rollin' rollin' rollin' rollin' (yeah)
Keep rollin' rollin' rollin' rollin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYnFIRc0k6E&list=RDRYnFIRc0k6E&start_radio=1&rv=RYnFIRc0k6E&t=70
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 18, 2021, 7:08pm; Reply: 24
Nah. Reckon his nickname is Rawhide
Posted by: Incognito, January 18, 2021, 7:25pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Meanwhile Barrow sign 3 players today so movement is happening and can’t believe Barrow is any more an attractive proposition than Grimsby so hopefully our numbers will be boosted further this week.

I think it helps that Barrow train just south of Manchester and they travel up to Barrow on the day of the match.
Posted by: Mariner_501, January 18, 2021, 7:53pm; Reply: 26
Mansfield fans reviews sound good. Strong pacy defender exactly what we needed. Feeling positive about this one.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, January 18, 2021, 7:57pm; Reply: 27
Looks good, I'm sure he'll do well
Posted by: golfer, January 18, 2021, 8:00pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from KingstonMariner

You missed the second L and the space

Roll and Mayonnaise. But with what filling?

Hell Man
Posted by: RonMariner, January 18, 2021, 8:02pm; Reply: 29
Could be a tasty signing.
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 18, 2021, 10:31pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from Incognito

I think it helps that Barrow train just south of Manchester and they travel up to Barrow on the day of the match.

Barrow Football Club haven't trained in Barrow for years, previously they trained in Middleton, Manchester. They have only moved because of the state of the pitches there.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 18, 2021, 10:33pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from arryarryarry

Barrow Football Club haven't trained in Barrow for years, previously they trained in Middleton, Manchester. They have only moved because of the state of the pitches there.

Why, was the groundskeeper furloughed?
Posted by: friskneymariner, January 18, 2021, 10:54pm; Reply: 32
Spreads himself about the pitch.
Posted by: Marinerdan, January 19, 2021, 10:13am; Reply: 33
[img]https://www.dictionary.com/e/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/they-see-me-rollin.jpg[/img]
Posted by: 3610 (Guest), January 19, 2021, 11:03am; Reply: 34
Quoted from arryarryarry

Training near wilmslow now I think. Next to where jolley lives.

If we trained further towards donny I really wouldn’t have a problem with it.  

Players very rarely live where they play anyway. If it means we could attract better quality of player then it’s a no brainier for me.

I don’t buy the argument that unless they are training in the town, they won’t feel a connection with the club. I actually think if you make them travel an extra hour in and to be greeted with shite facilities they will feel less connection to the club-
Print page generated: May 8, 2024, 11:38pm