Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 18, 2021, 3:26pm
Twitter alert gone up!
Posted by: Hagrid, January 18, 2021, 3:28pm; Reply: 1
Oooooooo
Posted by: Poojah, January 18, 2021, 3:32pm; Reply: 2
Rollin Menayese. Mansfield. Big centre half, ex-Bristol Rovers.
Posted by: Mariner_09, January 18, 2021, 3:35pm; Reply: 3
This is what Hursty has to say about him:

"He's probably a little different to Mattie and Luke at the back. He's quick and athletic and hopefully he brings that competition and he's keen to get involved. He's very much a centre half, that's his best position. He broke through at Bristol Rovers and his manager there took him to Mansfield and obviously a change of manager has meant he hasn't been able to force himself into the team there, but that's to our benefit".

"One of his biggest assets is his mobility and how he moves. Just in training this morning, you can see he wants to get tight to people, he's aggressive in his defending and I think we need that, as I said we have got 20 odd games to go and we want players who are committed, he is up for the challenge and I really like that about him. Once the interest was there, he was just saying he wants to be involved and that is the attitude you want from people".
Posted by: CatchOfTheDay, January 18, 2021, 3:36pm; Reply: 4
[url]https://twitter.com/officialgtfc/status/1351190146339758081[/url]
Posted by: Poojah, January 18, 2021, 3:37pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Mariner_09

"He's probably a little different to Mattie and Luke at the back. He's quick and athletic and hopefully he brings that competition and he's keen to get involved. He's very much a centre half, that's his best position. He broke through at Bristol Rovers and his manager there took him to Mansfield and obviously a change of manager has meant he hasn't been able to force himself into the team there, but that's to our benefit".

"One of his biggest assets is his mobility and how he moves. Just in training this morning, you can see he wants to get tight to people, he's aggressive in his defending and I think we need that, as I said we have got 20 odd games to go and we want players who are committed, he is up for the challenge and I really like that about him. Once the interest was there, he was just saying he wants to be involved and that is the attitude you want from people".

I think it's been well observed on here that Pollock and Waterfall are too alike and lack pace, so going on nothing more than that description, he sounds like he will give us a dimension at the back that we are very much missing.
Posted by: CatchOfTheDay, January 18, 2021, 3:39pm; Reply: 6
Mansfield and Bristol Rovers fans seem to rate him. League 1 & 2 experience. We've been crying for a natural CB with some pace to him so hopefully he slots straight in and won't take long to adapt as he knows this league. Good luck to the lad and UTFM
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, January 18, 2021, 3:41pm; Reply: 7
Presumably this is the defender whose move was blocked a few days ago.
Sounds ok.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, January 18, 2021, 3:42pm; Reply: 8
Welcome Rollins
Posted by: Madeleymariner, January 18, 2021, 3:43pm; Reply: 9
From the video he looks a tall lad.
Posted by: Mariner_09, January 18, 2021, 3:43pm; Reply: 10
More mobility and athleticism at the back would be very helpful. I'd probably be throwing him straight in, the toll of so many games for a young lad has shown a bit with Mattie I think.
Posted by: CatchOfTheDay, January 18, 2021, 3:47pm; Reply: 11
[url]https://www.thewestonmercury.co.uk/sport/menayese-on-his-rise-to-the-top-4556954[/url]

A bit of background about his career. Sounds like a good lad
Posted by: Mariner_09, January 18, 2021, 3:48pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from CatchOfTheDay
[url]https://www.thewestonmercury.co.uk/sport/menayese-on-his-rise-to-the-top-4556954[/url]

A bit of background about his career. Sounds like a good lad

I've always taken a first-class attitude and work ethic to be prerequisites of any Hurst signings.
Posted by: Alfie, January 18, 2021, 3:51pm; Reply: 13
Good signing

Who's this from the video interview? Don't recognise him.

[img]https://i.ibb.co/b12jYrK/fishy.png[/img]
Posted by: Boris Johnson, January 18, 2021, 3:55pm; Reply: 14
2 down 6 to go....Hurst is Rockin now
Posted by: CatchOfTheDay, January 18, 2021, 3:55pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Mariner_09

I've always taken a first-class attitude and work ethic to be prerequisites of any Hurst signings.

From reading a few fans thoughts of him, he reminds me a bit of Nsiala. Tall, quick and has been referred to be a bit clumsy with the ball at his feet. We all know that we'd take Nsiala back in a heartbeat so if he could even be a margin of the player Toto was then I think he could do well here.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, January 18, 2021, 3:56pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Boris Johnson
2 down 6 to go....Hurst is Rockin now

I would be amazed if it was as many as 6 more. Probably more like 4 if all goes well.

Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, January 18, 2021, 4:02pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Alfie
Good signing

Looks a lot like Giles Coke and he's at Hereford, could just be training
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 18, 2021, 4:15pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

Looks a lot like Giles Coke and he's at Hereford, could just be training

Shame it’s not Giles Barnes
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, January 18, 2021, 4:18pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Madeleymariner

Was he stood next to Hurst?
Posted by: Heisenberg, January 18, 2021, 4:21pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Madeleymariner

People who are 6’3” usually are.
Posted by: Nutsy, January 18, 2021, 4:24pm; Reply: 21
Will we see;

Habergham Menayese Waterfall Hendrie?
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, January 18, 2021, 4:28pm; Reply: 22

Was he stood next to Hurst?

To be fair, Madeley would have said "he looks like a giant.." if he'd been stood next to Hurst.

Rumour has it that Hurst met Dave Gilbert recently and a lot of people thought that they were in the distance.....
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, January 18, 2021, 4:29pm; Reply: 23
[url]https://twitter.com/officialgtfc/status/1351190146339758081[/url]

Quoted from Mariner_09

Sounds like he brings something different to the defence

In Hurst We Trust!

UTM
Posted by: diehardmariner, January 19, 2021, 10:04am; Reply: 24

From reading a few fans thoughts of him, he reminds me a bit of Nsiala. Tall, quick and has been referred to be a bit clumsy with the ball at his feet. We all know that we'd take Nsiala back in a heartbeat so if he could even be a margin of the player Toto was then I think he could do well here.

This was exactly my first thoughts when I saw Hurst said about a bit of pace.  

Exactly what we need and sounds a very encouraging signing.
Posted by: diehardmariner, January 19, 2021, 10:05am; Reply: 25
Quoted from Alfie
Good signing

Looks like Dany N'Guessan to me...
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, January 19, 2021, 10:09am; Reply: 26
Quoted from diehardmariner

Doesn't look like him to me, and he last played in Norway nearly 4 years ago
Posted by: pen penfras, January 19, 2021, 10:12am; Reply: 27
Quoted from diehardmariner

Have you ever seen Dany N'Guessan, or is that a joke that I don't get? It looks nothing like him.

Fairly sure it's Giles Coke.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, January 19, 2021, 10:18am; Reply: 28
I think DHM is recalling that time a picture emerged of a player training at BP. Most on here seriously thought it was N'Guessan and we were about to sign him

It turned out to be Straker(unsure)
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, January 19, 2021, 10:18am; Reply: 29
Quoted from Nutsy
Will we see;

Habergham Menayese Waterfall Hendrie?

I'd switch Habergham and Hendrie round.  >:(
Print page generated: April 18, 2024, 4:00pm