Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: pontoonlew, January 18, 2021, 1:19pm
Rare I post any ‘ITK’ stuff but I’d heard this weekend Patrick Webber was on Hursts radar, Webber was at Ipswich when Hurst was there.

Anyway, Wigan have just released him..
Posted by: RonMariner, January 18, 2021, 1:25pm; Reply: 1
Anyone know anything about him or seen him play?
Posted by: Boris Johnson, January 18, 2021, 1:27pm; Reply: 2
Any relation to Andrew Lloyd....we need someone to play a tune for us
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 18, 2021, 1:35pm; Reply: 3
A mate that supports Lincoln mentioned Theo Archibald to me and said we’d ‘enquired’
Posted by: immariner, January 18, 2021, 1:40pm; Reply: 4
Not far off 22 and not played a professional league game (one league cup game and 26 minutes off the bench in the AutoVansTrade are his only appearances). Could be dead good, i'll reserve judgement, but doesn't sound like what we need for now.
Posted by: pontoonlew, January 18, 2021, 1:44pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from immariner
Not far off 22 and not played a professional league game (one league cup game and 26 minutes off the bench in the AutoVansTrade are his only appearances). Could be dead good, i'll reserve judgement, but doesn't sound like what we need for now.

We need backup centre backs, I think he fits that bill perfectly.
Posted by: immariner, January 18, 2021, 2:12pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from pontoonlew

We need backup centre backs, I think he fits that bill perfectly.

We arguably have Idehen and Hewitt playing the role of back up. We need a centre back to come in and improve us.
Posted by: dicko995, January 18, 2021, 2:13pm; Reply: 7
i dont believe any of this, i,ll wait until Wembley confirms its 100%.
Posted by: Boris Johnson, January 18, 2021, 2:16pm; Reply: 8
hardly played a game, its as though Holloway is still in charge
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, January 18, 2021, 2:19pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
A mate that supports Lincoln mentioned Theo Archibald to me and said we’d ‘enquired’

Thought he was a very good footballer when he played against us for Macclesfield and from my recollection he played out wide and really hugged the touch line and had a good delivery into the box. Not getting much game time at Lincoln so could be an option.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, January 18, 2021, 2:26pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Thought he was a very good footballer when he played against us for Macclesfield and from my recollection he played out wide and really hugged the touch line and had a good delivery into the box. Not getting much game time at Lincoln so could be an option.

Only for away games though with the state of out pitch!

Posted by: pontoonlew, January 18, 2021, 2:42pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from immariner

We arguably have Idehen and Hewitt playing the role of back up. We need a centre back to come in and improve us.

I’m sorry but having seen Idehen he is nowhere near ready for first team football
Posted by: Norseman, January 18, 2021, 2:49pm; Reply: 12
To answer the question anyone seen him play. The answer is unlikely as he hasnt except for the efl cup 1 game. Almost 2 years, at wigan same at ipswich. Sounds just like the experience we need in a relegation dogfight
Posted by: immariner, January 18, 2021, 2:55pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from pontoonlew

I’m sorry but having seen Idehen he is nowhere near ready for first team football

Idehen has looked shaky at times but look what's in front of him. No point bringing a 'body' in just to be back up. We need to improve the first team, not the U23s.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, January 18, 2021, 2:58pm; Reply: 14
Bentley 2
Posted by: jonnyboy82, January 18, 2021, 3:07pm; Reply: 15
Bentley 7
Posted by: forza ivano, January 18, 2021, 3:10pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

i would've thought with wright,bennett, scannell and morais  that a wide player was the last thing we needed. Helluva name tho

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theo_Archibald#:~:text=Theodore%20Valentine%20Archibald%20(born%205%20March%201998)%20is,has%20been%20capped%20by%20Scotland%20at%20youth%20level.

and webber - 2 games in4 seasons (barring 11 non league games) hardly get my pulse racing
#https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Webber

Posted by: ginnywings, January 18, 2021, 3:14pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from forza ivano

i would've thought with wright,bennett, scannell and morais  that a wide player was the last thing we needed. Helluva name tho

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theo_Archibald#:~:text=Theodore%20Valentine%20Archibald%20(born%205%20March%201998)%20is,has%20been%20capped%20by%20Scotland%20at%20youth%20level.

and webber - 2 games in4 seasons (barring 11 non league games) hardly get my pulse racing
#https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Webber

Think Hurst mentioned bringing in a winger in one of his interviews. Probably not a necessity though.
Posted by: Norseman, January 18, 2021, 3:54pm; Reply: 18
To answer the question anyone seen him play. The answer is unlikely as he hasnt except for the efl cup 1 game. Almost 2 years, at wigan same at ipswich. Sounds just like the experience we need in a relegation dogfight
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 9:55am